• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW077 Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Screenplay: 「武上純希」 Junki Takegami
Storyboard: 「西田健一」 Ken'ichi Nishida
Assistant director: 「西田健一」 Ken'ichi Nishida
Animation director: 「小山知洋」 Tomohiro Koyama

From Sushi -

In Astilbe Town, Ash and his friends meet a boy called Suwama. He is the former Trainer of the Tepig Ash is currently raising and abandoned Tepig because he thought it had no talent for battles. To prove how useless Tepig is, Suwama challenges Satoshi to a double battle.

Translated by StUn SpOrE.

"Satoshi/Ash and co. having arrived in Astilbe town, decide to rest at the Battle Club(Nice tie-in to his original debut ep.). There happens to be Satoshi's pokemon Pokabu's former trainer who abandoned him, Suwama. In order to show Suwama how strong Pokabu has become, Ash......."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PREVIEW: BW077 Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!

I hope that this is the last that we will see of this rerehashed plot.

Something interesting to note: Astilbe is a genus of 18 species of perennial, herbaceous flowering plants, within the family Saxifragaceae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astilbe

I expect to see some Astilbe in this episode.

Last edited:

Never seen this plot before! duh.

And unfortunately the least talented animation director in B/W is in charge of this episode: Tomohiro Koyama. No epic evolution scene this time =/

I hope that this is the last that we will see of this rerehashed plot.

This has it's diffeences from the Chimchar plot, not a lot, but some.

Never seen this plot before! duh.

And unfortunately the least talented animation director in B/W is in charge of this episode: Tomohiro Koyama. No epic evolution scene this time =/

Well that's a matter of opinion, and it's possible the "bad" animators could "improve".

Nice to see Tepig's old trainer here and I hope he loses, badly, despite the matchup.

He is the former Trainer of the Tepig Ash is currently raising and abandoned Tepig because he thought it had no talent for battles.
learning.jpg

OK, show of hands; Who else just assumed they wouldn't revisit the whole 'Tepig was abandoned' thing.

I really didn't expect this to happen, but yeah, most of DP was this already. We know that Tepig is going to prove itself, and it has proven itself already. This only makes me wonder if they're going to address other unfinished business from the start of the saga.

Regardless of the fact that the plot is a blatant rehash of Hikozaru's, I'm just happy to see that the little guy's evolution is finally coming after having been leaked by Seven-Colored Arch 4 months ago. Hopefully the other starters will follow suit before the end of the series.

I hope this guy goes to the league and the climax battle between them, pignite will evolve and win. :3c

No but seriously, I'm assuming this is the evolution episode. Which is great because Tepig is my favourite starter, and it's nice to see him get focus.

I really didn't expect this to happen, but yeah, most of DP was this already. We know that Tepig is going to prove itself, and it has proven itself already. This only makes me wonder if they're going to address other unfinished business from the start of the saga.

Maybe Tepig's on and off depression after losing will be put to a hault here.

Regardless of the fact that the plot is a blatant rehash of Hikozaru's, I'm just happy to see that the little guy's evolution is finally coming after having been leaked by Seven-Colored Arch 4 months ago. Hopefully the other starters will follow suit before the end of the series.

As I said, there are some differences, although, not a lot.

I'd rather have seen Snivy's backstory developed more than have this happen to Tepig.

Can we please have some Team Plasma foreshadowing here? Or at least something to tie it to an overall narrative than just be a one off episode and then never bring the fact up again until a montage before Tepig itself becomes an Emboar? That's my main issue with this. Sure, the abused fire type starter is extremely overdone as a plot device, but in BW there's certainly call for it. Just the problem is they set up this backstory for Tepig (and Snivy for that matter) and then proceed to ignore it, then only bring it back as a random plot device in a COTD episode.

In my mind, Tepig has to lose this battle. Badly. Not through lack of trying, it's going against its fully evolved form, it should not win no matter how much support Ash gives from the sidelines (or annoyingly, help from whoever is Tepig's battle partner - how about giving Krokorok a go?). Once it loses, it should then cower in fear, knowing what its old trainer did in the situation. Then, Ash can resolve himself to training Tepig - and every other one of his Pokemon - perhaps finally using the loss to realise he can't just have 11 Pokemon and ignore them all and still win with just luck.

Though this is obviously Tepig's evolution episode, which means what actually happens will be the support from the side meaning a sudden evolution mid-battle while he's 2 on 1 after Oshawott loses his scalchop and gets defeated by a hammer arm, followed by gaining the strength through the evolution to easily win from behind, proving the COTD was wrong and that Ash only has to encourage his Pokemon to make them win. Sigh.

I know, but thing is, this plot is overpredictable and has been overrehashed already.

This is how it goes:
Step 1:

Trainer X(which btw is a huge jerk) thinks that Pokemon X of Satoshi is weak.

Step 2:

Satoshi denies this fact and battles with said Trainer X.

Step 3:

Pokemon X loses against Pokemon Y of Trainer X.

Step 4:

Satoshi tells Trainer X that it "Ain't over yet!" and later proceeds to train Pokemon X for a quarter of the episode.

Step 5:

Satoshi battles Trainer X with his newly trained Pokemon X again(oh the joyyyyyy).

Step 6:

After an 'intense' battle with an unbelievable amount of hits taken by Pokemon X, it evolves(totally did not expect that) and beats Pokemon Y, proving to Trainer X that Pokemon X isn't as much of a pussy due to the training after the first battle ended.

Step 7:

Satoshi and his friends wave a goodbye to Trainer X(which btw is now less of a jerk).

Step 8:

Lets not forget the sunset.

Last edited:

More Enbuoh... :3 Oh wait... Ash's first stage starter battles rival's fully evolved starter of the same line and evolves into the middle stage of that line... Oh hello DP100. It's as if DP100 and the Goukazaru arc had an lovechild. XD

OK, show of hands; Who else just assumed they wouldn't revisit the whole 'Tepig was abandoned' thing.

1490160_o.gif

But I'm really glad I was wrong. XD I don't care if it's been rehashed, if we've seen this before, it was good the first time around, so I don't mind seeing something similar done here, though I doubt it will be totally the same, since I kinda see this be a one-shot deal rather than an arc à la Goukazaru, but I'm just glad they're going somewhere with this plot point and that it's actually being brought up again. I really look forward to seeing some fleshing out of Pokabu's personality and storyline. It's gonna be good.

Judging by the title, Tepig is battling Emboar. Wait what!? So your saying, the guy released a Tepig...just to get another one?

Something looks fishy. The title is suppose to come out tomorrow. Yes, we do get titles on 6 and 7 but isn't Tepig expected to evolve in the fossil episode? Still, waiting for the scan for confirmation.

Judging by the title, Tepig is battling Emboar. Wait what!? So your saying, the guy released a Tepig...just to get another one?

The guy did to get a stronger Pokemon Y.

Yes, but they've could've at least chosen something else. It's like Paul releasing Chimchar just to get another one.
It's a better idea to choose the evolved from of Pokemon X to give the impression to the audience and prove Trainer X that Pokemon X is one of the strongest of its species.

uhhhh! Interesting! I wasn't expecting this kind of evolution episode! But hopefully it learns some powermove to crash Emboar! Cause I doubt he will defeat it with Ember! And I expected it to happen at the ruins!

The guy did to get a stronger Pokemon Y.

Yes, but they've could've at least chosen something else. It's like Paul releasing Chimchar just to get another one.
It's a better idea to choose the evolved from of Pokemon X to give the impression to the audience and prove Trainer X that Pokemon X is one of the strongest of its species.

That's fine by me. But what irks me is the reason he released Tepig, judging by the summary, he released it because it was useless. Now, why would he capture another Tepig if his first one was "useless".

I'm with ady, I think its best if we get the scans for confirmation.

i have a gut feeling tepigs old trainer is gonna end up being cheren and thats gonna start a rivalry between ash and cheren :sweatlol:

and btw cheren also gots a tepig in the manga so this could very well happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom