• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW074: Rescue Kibago! Aiant's Nest!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Rescue Kibago! Aianto's Nest!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay -
Storyboard -
Assistant director -
Animation director -

During a practice battle with Iris' Emonga, Satoshi's Kurumayu evolves into Hahakomori! This "Nurturing Pokemon" makes clothing out of leaves as a way of saying hello and makes leaf clothes for Pikachu and Kibago. Later, while napping, a group of Iront mistake the leaf wearing Kibago for food and take off with it! In order to save Kibago, Satoshi and his friends have to enter the Iront's den and confront the giant Iront that lives inside! What in the world will happen to Kibago!?

Yeah, I'm....always going to forget Hahakomori is supposed to be a dude.

Sucks that it's still got the same moveset, but I suppose it's not big deal since it'll likely not see much use in the future. I liked that it got a lot of screentime here, but it did kind of feel they were just trying to get everything unique about the 'mon out of the way so they wouldn't have to worry about it in the future.

Was nice to see Emonga around for a while too. She's not faring much better than Pachirisu these days, which is a shame because she's such a fun character to have around. Her (kind of hypocritical) mockery of Tsutarja and her leaf bonnet has amusing, as the little scuffles between them usually are. She's not as big a bitch as she was in the past though, which kind of rubs me the wrong way, but whatever.

Loved this episode because of Durant

tumblr_m2d3rhE8d61qht8z4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2d34wTvCG1qht8z4o1_500.jpg

Loved this episode because of Durant

tumblr_m2d3rhE8d61qht8z4o1_500.jpg

.____.

Why me.

WHY?

Um, the episode was okay. Hahakomori is sorta cute. I loved the Emolga and Tsutarja moments. xD

And Aianto wasn't as bad as I thought it would be SO....

Only caught about half the episode. Forgot it was on since I'm usually in class when it airs. And Keyhole blanked out near the end.

Anywho, there where some funny moments (paraphrased):

Iris: "Watch your head."
*Cilan walks into a stalactite*

Iris: "Mind your step."
*Cilan trips over*

Ash: "Right, so who's gonna go in?"
*Iris and Cilan stare at Ash*
*scene cut*
Ash: "Why does it hafta be me!?"

Also, nice touch that only one of the Durant seemed to be female. And her expression said it all when Attract was used: '...Dammit, I hate you guys.'

My favorite thing was Kibago's costume. It's SO CUTE! :crush: I want to make one for my Kibago plushie, now!

Ok episode was ok, nothing more nothing less. Keyhole was a bit glitchy, though I managed to watch almost all of it. Some hilarious moments courtesy of Dent. It's siesta time. XD Satoshi's undercover mission also made me laugh. Also, Zuruggu was in cuteness overload mode, he and Kibago really need just come out and say they love each other cause it's plain as day. :p Speaking of, Mijumaru and Pokabu... Tsutarja was ok, but I would have liked to see more of her Aianto is another one of those BW Pokémon whose design I really didn't like, but the Animé made them look good.

On the not so good side, Hahakomori was dull / very dull. There was nothing unique about it or that really diffirenciated it from the other Hahakomori we've seen so far. Emonga also left me cold. It really felt like they didn't want her to be a brat, to be a bitch, but they couldn't really have her be anything else cause they hadn't done anything to justify her changing her persona a bit, so it just ended up very flat in my opinion.

Also... aaaaaaaawwwwwww Paperhorse stayed up to watch the Aianto episode. :3

Some hilarious moments courtesy of Dent. It's siesta time. XD
Also, regarding the very convenient Kurumiru trio that just happened to appear shortly after Kurumayu evolved;

"MMMM! IT'S CYUUUUTE!"

Where was that enthusiasm for Ash's Kurumiru, dude?

Just another silly ep with an evo thrown in. Yeah, I did find it kinda odd that most of them were male, but then again, maybe I'm a nerd for knowing that most ants are infertile females. I don't know about anyone else, but I found it interesting that Tepig stood up for itself for once.

Yeah, I'm....always going to forget Hahakomori is supposed to be a dude.

Sucks that it's still got the same moveset, but I suppose it's not big deal since it'll likely not see much use in the future. I liked that it got a lot of screentime here, but it did kind of feel they were just trying to get everything unique about the 'mon out of the way so they wouldn't have to worry about it in the future.

Was nice to see Emonga around for a while too. She's not faring much better than Pachirisu these days, which is a shame because she's such a fun character to have around. Her (kind of hypocritical) mockery of Tsutarja and her leaf bonnet has amusing, as the little scuffles between them usually are. She's not as big a bitch as she was in the past though, which kind of rubs me the wrong way, but whatever.

Well, Leavanny through pretty much the entire episode here. Maybe since he is a Leavanny now, he could be used in more battles and maybe at the league a couple of times. We'll have to see.

Ok episode was ok, nothing more nothing less. Keyhole was a bit glitchy, though I managed to watch almost all of it. Some hilarious moments courtesy of Dent. It's siesta time. XD Satoshi's undercover mission also made me laugh. Also, Zuruggu was in cuteness overload mode, he and Kibago really need just come out and say they love each other cause it's plain as day. :p Speaking of, Mijumaru and Pokabu... Tsutarja was ok, but I would have liked to see more of her Aianto is another one of those BW Pokémon whose design I really didn't like, but the Animé made them look good.

On the not so good side, Hahakomori was dull / very dull. There was nothing unique about it or that really diffirenciated it from the other Hahakomori we've seen so far. Emonga also left me cold. It really felt like they didn't want her to be a brat, to be a bitch, but they couldn't really have her be anything else cause they hadn't done anything to justify her changing her persona a bit, so it just ended up very flat in my opinion.

Also... aaaaaaaawwwwwww Paperhorse stayed up to watch the Aianto episode. :3

Emolga has shown to have a nice side, with Iris, zapping Swadloon for attacking the female Axew and by helping those Maractus. She's probably bitchy like that, because she feels threatened around Snivy, which could make her personality a bit more interesting, in my personal opinion.

Just another silly ep with an evo thrown in. Yeah, I did find it kinda odd that most of them were male, but then again, maybe I'm a nerd for knowing that most ants are infertile females. I don't know about anyone else, but I found it interesting that Tepig stood up for itself for once.

I don't think it was silly. I thought it was kind of funny and interesting. Though the bits where they were in the tunnel bored me a bit.

And when has Tepig not stood up for himself.

When Oshawott took Tepig's food, he tackled him, but I'm going to be biased here since Oshawott is one of my favourite Pokemon and say that I agree with Oshawott for thinking Tepig looked ridiculous.

I love how Oshawott can be a bit of a jerk sometimes and yet, he is also shown to worry a lot.

Pikachu, Scraggy, Leavanny, and Emolga practically had most of the focus in this entire episode. Cilan's pokemon hardly had any screentime.

The best part of the episode were, in my opinion, the training battle between Swadloon and Emolga. It was nice to see Swadloon used for more than a few seconds at a time, and these two pokemon were rarely used in any real training battles up to this point.

The starter pokemon added their own little quirks to the episode. Tepig and Oshawott continued the feud that they had in BW066. Snivy and Emolga continue with their love-hate relationship (when Snivy saved Emolga after the latter pokemon was blown away).

Overall, this episode was average. It was nice to see Swadloon-Leavanny to be focused on more than once, although I find it meh that Leavanny retains nearly the exact same personality traits that Burgh's Leavanny was shown to have. Well, at least their movesets are different.

I think the least thing the creators of this anime can do is checking the info. of this pokemon before working on the episode ! MAN!!! Durant is like 5x its original size !!! its very huge,it is suppose to be smaller than pikachu, but it is more than double his size !! how will ever Heatmore eat a pokemon this size ??

DP294.jpg

OMG I can't believe it

With Leavanny's personality, it might have made more sense if it had been female, but it was still great to see it evolve. I can sort of see why everyone is complaining about Emolga's behavior, but I don't see her as a selfish b*tch as more of just a little kid. She can be both decent and bratty. And once again, Scraggy and Axew brotherhood shines through yet again. =)

Still miffed that Swadloon got crap treatment, honestly one more REAL battle wouldn't have killed the writers. And on top of that it's in the process of evolving before the opening?

That said I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed seeing Leavanny throughout the episode.

Assuming Bulbapedia is accurate, I have this feeling Inuko Inuyama tried to make Leavanny masculine, but it just didn't work. Despite being male, Leavanny is just too feminine. But then again it isn't like I could see Unshō Ishizuka voicing Leavanny, since that would be incredibly awkward.

For those who are saying that Leavanny has the same exact personality as the other Leavanny. I disagree.

1. The other Leavanny barely showed up to show a personality that's identifiable. Burgh's Leavanny displayed NO personality when battling against Ash. And making leaf clothes or making costumes (Luke's) is not a personality that's an action.

2. The one Burgh used didn't show much of a personality at all in their debut episode either. To say it matches Ash's Leavanny is pretty much drawing conclusions from absolutely nothing. Because the only thing Burgh's Leavanny ever did personality wise, if you even want to call it that (is it happily saying "Ha ha" as it makes leaf clothing for Ash's Sewaddle) and unlike Ash's Leavanny, Burgh was the one who requested the leaf clothing. Ash's Leavanny made leaf clothing without needing Ash to tell it to, especially to the three wild Sewaddle.

So therefore the only Leavanny THAT HAS EVER shown an identifiable personality is Ash's Leavanny.

I actually liked this episode, even though there wasn't that much happening in it. However, the credits for this being a good episode is not meant for Leavanny, which is a shame, since I actually like it. My praise goes to Iris, Emolga, Ash, Snivy and Scraggy, since all of them were hilarious in this episode, at least IMO.

First of all, the battle... I loved it, and it was given more screen-time than I expected, which always is a good thing (as long as there's no ''tasting time'' involved in it). Both Emolga and Swadloon were in need of that battle, and even though it was done in purpose of training it still delivered. Both Emolga and Swadloon gave it their all, and it was rather obvious that also their trainers did, and they all seemed to have a good time. So yeah, great start!

Leavanny, was in my opinion, rather... dull, unfortunately. Although I've only got myself to blame for having high expectations on it being given a interesting personality, when I actually knew deep inside that it was never going to happen. Still thought it was kinda sweet though, making all those clothes with leaves to the Sewaddles and all of the other Pokémon. Oh, and I loved how both Emolga and Snivy was like ''no... just no...'', but still were forced to put them on, kinda.
I lol'd at Emolga starting to laugh at Snivy because of her looking ridiculous, which got Snivy pissed. Haha...

Also, Axew was absolutely adorable with that outfit! I loved it! First thing that came up to my mind when I saw him was ''hidden leaf ninja''.

Oh, and once again the bromance between the two babies was absolutely adorable. It's so clear that Scraggy cares a lot for Axew, which is just too adorable. I especially liked the scene where Scraggy was strongly determined to join Ash in trying to get into the nest, and still being aware of the dangers that could have been unleashed if they were to be discovered. Oh Scraggy, you're one heck of a brother!

The rest of the episode was pretty much getting Axew back, fighting the Durants etc., which I see no need of talking about more than saying that I enjoyed it, especially the Emolga-Attract-Action. Haha, the lonely female Durant...

Overall, good episode! However, it almost felt like Dento's presence was gone, if you were to ask me, which was unfortunate.

Oh... Also, this:
scaled.php

Babushka-Iris?

Attachments

• 401.jpg
    401.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 215
did Ash's swadloon just turned into a female leavany !!??

I like leavany a lot,but I don't like how they make some pokemon looks female,and they don\t even have a gender differences,Leavanny is one of them,despite the fact that in real life Insects usually have a big difference between males and females.

the fact is such a pokemon will never look like a male,and this is because of the design in the first place,sometimes I feel as if they don't care anymore how will this anime become.

Leavanny, due to its size and humanoid appearance, really kind of creeped me out in this.

I agree that I wish they would've made Ash's more "masculine", you know, like a sports dad or something. Or a salaryman.

I was wearing ski goggles indoors on a sunny day in San Francisco and I still found this episode to be ridiculous. 9 minutes for the plot to start, a ten year old boy taking a nap, and Ash not using Tepig and CILAN NOT HELPING. Wouldn't in a situation where you are fighting multiple opponents it would appropriate to use all your pokemon so why wasn't Cilan helping. On the up side it was nice to see our heroes just beat the shit out pokemon instead it being caused by team rocket and they fight team rocket. On the bad the fight scene was like something out of a image comic. It seemed to be pretty inconsistent with how many Durant they were fighting. For a good while they were fighting the same two durants without anyone else doing anything making it pretty confusing. And seriously nine minutes for the plot to start I saw episodes of DBZ that were based better.

Why does Ash's Leavanny's walk remind me so much of Harley's walk...? .____.

th_110.jpg

th_Harley.jpg

Eh, maybe not as violently shakin' dat ass, but still shakin' it!

LEAVANNY, Y U SO FEMININE?!

You know, I really liked how the Durant weren't that strong themselves, but together they formed a pretty formidable fighters. Just like real ants.

And, I liked how Tepig and Oshawott's little squabbles was touched on again.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom