• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kami Trio receiving new formes in upcoming games: CoroCoro cover reveals possible new

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Kami Trio receiving new formes in upcoming games: CoroCoro cover reveals possible new formes

An early leak of CoroCoro's cover reveals possible formes for Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Kami Trio receiving new formes in upcoming games: CoroCoro cover reveals possible

Atleast they seem different this time. Can't say I'm fond of them. Quite ugly. Though they were always ugly so whatever.

Re: Kami Trio receiving new formes in upcoming games: CoroCoro cover reveals possible

LOL, Landorus looks like a demented bird XD

well turtle, but they are both reptiles, so same difference :p

Last edited:

after the initial shock, i'm actually digging their new looks!

/dodges any and all future possible shots fired at me

I guess we now know the identity of the mysterious silhouette. I always loved the Kami Trio, and I'm quite happy and surprised that they're getting new formes! 8D How unexpected!

I think these might just top Shaymin in the arse-pull formes department as far as looks are concerned. Really curious to see what they look like in full.
Also, they could have totally had Team Rocket succeed in getting away with the Kami trio in the anime and have them turn into these forms during a big rescue mission two-parter later in the series. That might have been nicer than having them flee and having no plan B.

Uhh....birds aren't reptiles, dude, they're two different biological classes. Birds are birds.

...is it just me, or does Tornadus look completely hilarious? XD

This makes zero sense based on the fact that BW's data outright said they wouldn't get new forms, and probably doesn't make any sense in the context of being based on Raijin, Fuujin, and Inari either.

Between this and the leaker saying Brock and Giovanni appear, I'm very tempted to denounce this as fake.

This makes zero sense based on the fact that BW's data outright said they wouldn't get new forms,
They didn't outright say anything; the placeholder data didn't guarantee that Kyurem would necessarily get another Forme, either. I don't think this data is actually needed to retain compatibility.

I think that Game Freak only came up with the Kami trio Formes into B2W2's development. They're probably just a gimmick they thought of to promote the AR Seeker.

I saw this and I was like "WTF"

Back when Sky forme Shaymin was first came out, I absolutely LOVED it, I wasn't too fond of Shaymin before then, but when I saw it's alternate form, I was in love with it, it became my favorite legendary because of this form, true it's revelation was unexpected and came out of nowhere, but I loved it regardless. Kyurem getting alternate forms was justified in the two hidden moves prior to their reveal, the two were necessary to be created for both technical and plot reasons.

For the Kami Trio, not so much, not only was it unpredictable, but do they need to justify the fact that they are Flying types by making them BIRDS!? Sky forme Shaymin is Flying type, and it's a mammal, which is odd for a flying type since they tend to be birds and dragons most of the time (Skymin and Emolga are the ONLY mammal based flying types), the Kami Trio are wind and weather spirits, and their forms already make sense in the fact that they are wind and weather spirits, these alternate forms were not really necessary at all.

Though that's just my opinion

I think these might just top Shaymin in the arse-pull formes department as far as looks are concerned. Really curious to see what they look like in full.
Also, they could have totally had Team Rocket succeed in getting away with the Kami trio in the anime and have them turn into these forms during a big rescue mission two-parter later in the series. That might have been nicer than having them flee and having no plan B.

Uhh....birds aren't reptiles, dude, they're two different biological classes. Birds are birds.

Birds evolved from reptiles first off

True that many of us were surprised when Sky Shaymin was revealed, I did not even like Shaymin at all until Sky forme was introduced. Unlike Giriatina and Kyurem, whose alternate forms were already hinted earlier before their revelation, and were justified to exist because of their abilities. and while many people love Skymin, it's revelation wasn't hinted at all before it was revealed.

The Kami Birds were not only unexpected, but given that we already seen them in the anime, they did not really need alternate formes at all.

I like what we can see so far, mainly because they look hilarious, Tornelos especially. I've never really been a fan of the Kami Trio but a grumpy genie turning into a funky looking bird makes them a bit more interesting in my opinion xD

After looking at them for a bit, i'm thinking thus far:
Tornadus = Bird
Thundurus = Dragon
Landorus = Turtle

Sky forme Shaymin is Flying type, and it's a mammal, which is odd for a flying type since they tend to be birds and dragons most of the time (Skymin and Emolga are the ONLY mammal based flying types)

Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Woobat, and Swoobat say hi. Bats are also mammals :B

My first thought: The actual fuck?

After looking at them for a bit, i'm thinking thus far:
Tornadus = Bird
Thundurus = Dragon
Landorus = Turtle
Now that you mentioned it, I DO see the other two's resembelance to a dragon and turtle, seems like that, while the main, humanoid forms are based off the wind spirits of Fujin, Raijin, and Tsuchijin from Japanese Mythology, the Kami trio's new forms are based of the Shishin (Four heavenly beasts) from Chinese mythology Shijin (Shishin) - Four legendary Chinese creatures protecting the four compass directions

The only exception being the white tiger.

Sky forme Shaymin is Flying type, and it's a mammal, which is odd for a flying type since they tend to be birds and dragons most of the time (Skymin and Emolga are the ONLY mammal based flying types)

Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Woobat, and Swoobat say hi. Bats are also mammals :B

Yeah, I forgot about those ones...

I actually see Thundurus looking like a tiger. So I guess Kyurem would fill the role of dragon? (Unless Gen VI reveals a new genie).

So that's what the mysterious silhouette in the Pokemon AR Searcher screenshots. It's gotta be Tornadus' other forme!

Time for a question: Will these new formes of the Kami trio have any effect to their stats, movepool, and abilities just like Skymin?

At least dem Genies will be more than re-colours of each other. I always thought their similarity in design was a bit lazy.

Not saying this will look better, but it will certainly be funnier.

Great news, now I'll be able to distinguish them apart!

This was certainly unexpected. Look forward to seeing more, even if it takes a couple more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom