• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG186 title revealed

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
According to the info from the webpage of Harley's Voice Actor (http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/junbow/page030.html), title of AG186 is revealed:
ハルカVSシュウ!ライバルよ永遠に (Rough translation: May VS Drew! Rivals Forever). The air date should be Aug. 10, according to the current schedule.

The title might imply that the end of the AG series is approaching.

PS: At the moment, title of the Aug 3 episode (AG185) is still unknown.

Whee! Looks like Jo-Jo will be happy! She worried herself silly for no reason. :p

This sounds like Drew will continue to be May's rival next region...hopefully Harley sticks around too!

Last edited:
AG still can't end until we go back to the Battle Pyramid, what the hell is taking them so long to get there?

OH MAH GOD.

*cries tears of happy*

Rivals Forever! Forever!!! That's like...... FOREVER!

Aaaaaand ever and ever and ever and ever aaaaand ever and ever and ever...[/Dr. Cox]

Guh. Must go see if SPPF Contestshippers know. They will FREAK. :D Aaaaagh.

...Wait. Reasserting pessimism. This could be one of those episodes where the two characters have their final battle, the winner is decided, they shake hands and agree to be "friends forever" and then never see each other again. So, in this case, a kind of "we'll always be rivals in our hearts (but you're still going to drop off the face of the planet and that'll be that)" thing.

Nahhhh. RIVALS FOREVER! Hurrah!

(I apologise profusely for this excessively fangirly post. You have permission to club me over the head with heavy things.)

Last edited:
o_O....

Bit of an odd title to come a month AFTER the Grand Festival ends....

Sounds almost like Drew wont be around to actually give May an active rivalry afterwards either.... kind of like how Ash and Gary were rivals "forever" despite their active rivalry ending the instant Ash beat him in the Silver Conference.

But meh, could be a complete mislead so I wont stick either way.

Also, RE the Battle Pyramid. Am I the only one who realises that the Aipom and the King title is in reference to the same King Ash was possessed by the last time he got to the Pyramid? Seems pretty obvious to me that he returns to it there.

Doctor Oak said:
Sounds almost like Drew wont be around to actually give May an active rivalry afterwards either.... kind of like how Ash and Gary were rivals "forever" despite their active rivalry ending the instant Ash beat him in the Silver Conference.

True, but the "VS" in the title makes it seem like they battle each other again. Ash and Gary never battled again after he beat him.

In fact, this sounds like the final Orange Island episode where Gary's Eevee beat Ash's Pikachu, to set up the rivalry for Johto. That was the final episode before Johto too.

We may see something similar to that here, with Drew beating May (again? WTF?) to set up the Shinou rivalry.

Maybe May beats Drew in the Kanto GF, but then in this episode he comes back and beats her, so they come to the conclusion that they're about equal strength and are just going to keep fighting each other for all time. I mean, the alternatives are:

1. May loses to Drew in the GF and beats him in this episode - why on Earth would they resolve their rivalry in a filler ep and not the GF?

2. May beats Drew in the GF and this ep - bit overkill, isn't it?

3. May loses to Drew in the GF and this ep - why take an extra ep to set up what could easily have been set up in the GF?

Or I guess they'll tie in this ep, or the battle could be interrupted.

Wouldn't it be cool if they decide to have a full-on battle to KO, without a time limit? :D

(edit: ayyyy, post 777!)

Last edited:
There's also a possibility that they won't finish their battle in this episode, and Team Rocket will interrupt. (They never finished their battle in "Now that's Flower Power" or the Beautifly/Masquerain battle in the beginning of the Wynaut ep either).

I also find it interesting that Harley's VA reported this title, does that mean Harley is in this episode too?

Could be! That'd be good, a kind of three-way affirmation of all their rivalries before D/P.

Aside from Saori. :/

I really hope she doesn't just disappear like Robert did. We need a strong female rival in this show for once, and she's far more connected to May and Drew than Robert was.

Together, forever no matter how long
From now, until the end of time
We'll be together, and you can be sure
That forever and a day
That's how long we'll stay
Together and forever more

This is a very interesting title. At least the writers are giving May's story more focus rather than just fillers until we get to the Pyramid... unless the Pyramid is in the last episode and this is the start of the transition to D/P.
Kasumi-san said:
Could also be that May beats Drew in the GF and loses to him in this episode. I don't think you listed that possibility, Jo-Jo.
That was Jo-Jo's first point in that post. :p

I did not consider that thing about Aipom and the King. Anyway, it is clear that this is the battle that settles their rivalry, one way or the other. Unfortunately, this does not solve exactly what May's fate in the Kanto GF is. I would think, however, that May wins, because I don't see any reason for Drew to rematch her if he won over her, because that would mean he's bested her in two GFs, nearly cementing him as the better Coordinator. It would be overkill, and Drew just isn't that way. Also, since this is the final battle between May and Drew, that eliminates that as the final battle mentioned in this week's ep. It isn't the contest final, either. So what kind of final battle is it? There is only one option left: it's the final contest battle we will see May in, which must mean that indeed she is going to leave the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, "Final battle" in the GF most likely implies that the final GF battle is in that ep. Either its May's final battle against Drew (and she comes in the Top 8 again) or final battle against Saori. (and she comes in the Top 4)

There isn't anything implied in either the GF title or this episode about May leaving. If anything, it implies that Drew, (and Harley too, or else why would Harley's VA announce this title if he's not in it?), will most likely continue to be in the show with their rivalries as well.

These conspiracy theories are honestly getting ridiculous at this point, even if we are just discussing all possible outcomes, no matter how unlikely most of them are.

I didn't consider that, either. We will find out either way. I was just trying to use whatever twisted logic it is that I possess. I have no vendetta against May, although some others might. I perhaps spoke too quickly before I considered all options. I cannot see the BF lasting that far beyond August, so I am sure we will see a lot of things begin to wind down, that is unless we get stalled more.

Well if we don't get the Pyramid episode before this, then the BF saga may very well go on to late August or early September.

Great, a contestshipping episode and NOTHING about battle pyramid and Ash having his rematch against Indiana Jon..err, Brandon! Or Ash will spend more of his time to get back his old pkm, like at the opening, or the writers don't have more good ideas until the DP season debut.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom