• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Global Link reopens: New Dream World information revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Global Link reopens: New Dream World information revealed

The Pokémon Global Link reopened today, full of major updates. This is accompanied by several additions to the Dream World.

Read more on Bulbanews

Something struck me about not being able to tuck in kyurem. It makes me wonder if they'll have some sort of unlockable later on if you do

It now only takes 20 hours until you can acces the dream world again

According to Serebii you can finally influence what area you're sent to. eg If you tuck in a water Pokemon you're more likely to be sent to the Sparkling sea

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post! - Page 801

I found this to be true. I tucked in Charizard and was sent to the Windswept Sky like 4 times

i tucked in Reshiram and was sent to the Rugged Mountain over 5x. Once in a great while though i'd be sent to either Spooky Manor or the Pleasant Forest.

So I return to the dream world to find my berries taken, and me given 7640 DW points in return.

Not like I need them.

EDIT: What's the "go to the special home" option?

You know, I think they should have also created an algorithm so that people who frequently go to DW get connected to other islands that do too.

Last edited:
According to Serebii you can finally influence what area you're sent to. eg If you tuck in a water Pokemon you're more likely to be sent to the Sparkling sea

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post! - Page 801

I found this to be true. I tucked in Charizard and was sent to the Windswept Sky like 4 times
So that explains why I was ending up in Pleasant Forest so many times.

It now only takes 20 hours until you can acces the dream world again
I believe this was announced when they announced the update, but I forgot about it.

So I return to the dream world to find my berries taken, and me given 7640 DW points in return.

Not like I need them.
Really? They weren't supposed to be converting yet.

EDIT: What's the "go to the special home" option?
I clicked it and it did nothing, so I assume that once you've had it it stays there permanently. It was used to go to the Pokemon Movie home, where players could obtain the Reshiram and Zekrom C-Gear skins and the Victini Doll, as well as watch a trailer for the 14th movie.

You know, I think they should have also created an algorithm so that people who frequently go to DW get connected to other islands that do too.
Yes, that would be great. It would also work as a great way to encourage higher usage and reward those who do, rather than punishing those who don't.

I kind of wish that you get new bonuses for collecting more DW points. Give me something for my berry loss :/

Maybe to keep us playing, they should instead guarantee us something like a choice of female Starter from the DW when we get X amount of points.

Not like I need them.
They were supposed to be converting from June 5th.
Unfortunately, it seems the visiting algorithm isn't even nearly random, experimenting with it once it gave me over fifty people in a row, all of which were from a 1000-subset of accounts. :<
Which is disappointing when compared with how well randomness seems to be implemented in the DS games.

Not like I need them.
They were supposed to be converting from June 5th.
But they weren't supposed to convert unless you had been inactive for 100 days. Unless it was 100 days before June 5th that it started and not on the day it was announced...

That's basically what happened. So now I am regrowing all my berries.

They wouldn't have had to 'start' anything specifically to begin the 100 count -- the site already recorded how long it had been since you last entered the Dream World; it's what was checked to see if the 24 hours(now 20) was over or not.

It was announced that it was coming into effect in June, reminding people to visit the Dream World before the site went down for maintenance on June 5th if they hadn't visited for a long time but wanted their berries. For some reason, the US site gave the opposite message, reminding people to visit *after* the maintenance if they wanted their berries.

So anyone else notice that berries grow faster? It seems to only take 2 days to grow the EV-reducing berries where they used to take 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom