• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP26: Battling the Leaf Thieves!

Reaction score
BW074 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

With the Clubsplosion Battle Tournament behind them, Ash and his friends turn toward Icirrus City for Ash’s next Gym battle. When Ash’s Swadloon evolves into Leavanny, it starts a craft project to make clothes out of leaves for all the other Pokémon. But the fashion show comes to an abrupt and frightening end when a swarm of leaf-eating Durant takes notice!

I think that was the first time Iris said something about her own hair.

Really looking forward to watching this tonight, Axew is soooo adorable with the leaf costume on as you can see from my Avatar.

I'm hoping they don't make Durant too creepy. I really hate Ants and Spiders and things, it's quite extreme, I even had to release my Durant in Black because it just gave me goosebumps (not the good kind) from looking at it in the box.

Does anyone know if Heatmor is in this episode, after all Heatmor and Durant are related (Ant and Anteater, saying in the Pokedex Heatmor eats Durant) would love for Heatmor to come and save the day. But anyway, surely Ash's Tepig will be able to defeat them easily. I hope the anime don't make the usual mistake of completely glossing over type advantages. Also when Axew goes missing would like to see Iris open up a bit more about her past, and her friendship with Axew, maybe impart some more memories.

Really looking forward to watching this tonight, Axew is soooo adorable with the leaf costume on as you can see from my Avatar.

I'm hoping they don't make Durant too creepy. I really hate Ants and Spiders and things, it's quite extreme, I even had to release my Durant in Black because it just gave me goosebumps (not the good kind) from looking at it in the box.

Does anyone know if Heatmor is in this episode, after all Heatmor and Durant are related (Ant and Anteater, saying in the Pokedex Heatmor eats Durant) would love for Heatmor to come and save the day. But anyway, surely Ash's Tepig will be able to defeat them easily. I hope the anime don't make the usual mistake of completely glossing over type advantages. Also when Axew goes missing would like to see Iris open up a bit more about her past, and her friendship with Axew, maybe impart some more memories.

Heatmor wasn't in this episode but it is appearing in three episodes. And Durant wasn't that bad I thought it kind of had a cute voice

Couple questions about this episode, how come Emolga didn't like Ash's Leavanny's leaf hats, but she loved the Bouffalant wig she wore in Episode 66, Baffling the Bouffalant? Also, I don't think Iris understood exactly what Scraggy was saying when he tried to convey that Axew was missing, she must've known Axew was missing by noticing it herself, if my Pokémon was missing, I wouldn't make small talk with someone else's Pokémon, I'd go looking for it.

I liked that Ash was the fall guy again in this episode. Classic Pokeymans comedy. And had Protect not been so cheap during that Durant battle, Emolga would've smoked their sausage and brought home their bacon. But then she wouldn't have gotten an opportunity to use her sex appeal, which I thought we were gonna miss out on in this episode. At the top of the episode with the Swadloon / Leavanny battle, I was sincerely all like "Wow, she hasn't used Attract yet?" The end of the episode fixed that issue in decent form.

Oh Leavanny bby I love you <3 You shined so much with your intelligence, FABULISHNESS and battle style <3333

Couple questions about this episode, how come Emolga didn't like Ash's Leavanny's leaf hats, but she loved the Bouffalant wig she wore in Episode 66, Baffling the Bouffalant?
Preference bby.

Also, I don't think Iris understood exactly what Scraggy was saying when he tried to convey that Axew was missing, she must've known Axew was missing by noticing it herself, if my Pokémon was missing, I wouldn't make small talk with someone else's Pokémon, I'd go looking for it.
Yeah, by gathering information from other Pokemon for clues.

I liked that Ash was the fall guy again in this episode. Classic Pokeymans comedy.
Wasn't Cilan the fall guy getting himself hurt in the cave?

And had Protect not been so cheap during that Durant battle, Emolga would've smoked their sausage and brought home their bacon. But then she wouldn't have gotten an opportunity to use her sex appeal, which I thought we were gonna miss out on in this episode. At the top of the episode with the Swadloon / Leavanny battle, I was sincerely all like "Wow, she hasn't used Attract yet?" The end of the episode fixed that issue in decent form.
It was a training match. Ash and Iris do this stuff off-screen. If Emolga used Attract, Ash would have deflected it with an attack.

I think the Durant were pretty awesome, they were able to counteract pretty much anything the gang threw out them, besides Emolga's Attract. But I think many would agree that Cilan hitting his head and falling over, both after Iris had warned him to be careful, was hi-larious!!!!!

Just like Hahakomori in the original, Leavanny is given a female sounding voice despite being male... poor guy.

You know, when the 5th gen poke list first leaked, I certainly didn't peg Leavanny as a poke Ash would get.

So props to Best Wishes for at least being a bit unpredictable. Leavanny definitely doesn't fall into Ash's normally tough looking line-up of pokes. Voice pretty much just as effeminate as the Japanese one.

Anyway, I thought it was a fun episode. The ending battle between the Durant and the gang was definitely exciting. Liked how Emolga was the one to turn it all around.

Kinda a rough ep for Cilan, kept falling and whacking his face on things.

Leavanny doesn't help it's case by walking and running the way it does.

I really don't like how Leavanny evolved with nothing special to account for the happiness evolution, it certainly didn't seem particularly happy as a Swadloon and certainly didn't do anything in the battle that would have made it happy - unless Ash yelling is enough to trigger an evolution?

It would be nice if all the various ball-based moves would be animated a bit differently from eachother, sending green balls backwards and forwards for most of the battle is hardly exciting and they certainly don't look like different moves. Just glad Emolga has Discharge instead of Electro Ball.

It's episodes like this that bring home the point about Pokemon that don't have Pokeballs - instead of needing to fight a swarm of Durant you'd simply return Axew to his Pokeball and scuttle away - just like all those episodes where recalling Pikachu would have solved the problem the whole episode was premised on.

okay, i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEDDDD this episode, seriously i laughed so hard when cilan banged his head on the cave and when he fell over <3 i have been really hard on him but he won me over today, and the music it was simply amazing and it fit with this episode to the bone, and omygawsh that dub created music during the first battle scene was superb, i was actually convinced it was one of the japanese created music

11/10 :)

You know, part of me wonders what would have happened had the Durant found Axew. Sure some species of real life ants are incredibly vicious, but the poke ones actually didn't seem that bad.

The only reason they came close to the trio was because of the nicely folded leaves, hell with those pincers they could have torn them apart if they wanted to....and this wasn't a kids show.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom