• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Strongest class Single Battle Pokémon to be distributed at Pokémon Center stores: One

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Strongest class Single Battle Pokémon to be distributed at Pokémon Center stores: One ...

The strongest class Single Battle Pokémon will be distributed at Pokémon Center stores. One Pokémon will be obtainable randomly each week from now until Oct. 28, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Strongest class Single Battle Pokémon to be distributed at Pokémon Center stores:

So the five most overused Pokémon of all time (as of Black & White)?
At least the Dragonite has Multiscale. And these distributions help with an extra item.

Re: Strongest class Single Battle Pokémon to be distributed at Pokémon Center stores:

Seriously, these are five of the most overused Pokemon I despise facing at Random Matchups. If Garchomp was banned in official tournaments like Smogon did with their tier list, Ferrothorn would've taken his place. I'm also kinda surprised that Excadrill didn't make it despite being banned from Smogon as well.

It seems that they don't use Excadrill as much on the GBU as much as they would experiment at Smogon.
Also, the Pokémon distributed were based on the stats of the Global Battle Union up to that point - that's why those five were chosen over, for example, Smogon Ubers beast Excadrill. You might want to check it yourself.

Way late edit, but I want to point out that I think that it's a case of usage over potential.

Last edited:

I'm assuming this is on B&W2? I didn't see that on the page, and I kind of assume that it's not available on B&W.

It seems that they don't use Excadrill as much on the GBU as much as they would experiment at Smogon.
Also, the Pokémon distributed were based on the stats of the Global Battle Union up to that point - that's why those five were chosen over, for example, Smogon Ubers beast Excadrill. You might want to check it yourself.

Way late edit, but I want to point out that I think that it's a case of usage over potential.

But does this also mean that Excadrill isn't as powerful as Smogon made it up to be despite limited priority moves?

...actually, looking at that now, @Ghetsis-Dennis, I just noticed that the Pokémon used here are all familiar to players of the previous generation metagame, so it might actually be a case of popularity over potential. Not that, of course, these Pokémon didn't have potential, it's just that they either are familiar to players or have greater (or easier to use) potential than the newcomers.

Excadrill is merely poor in 3v3 play because it is too predictable. To run if effectively two sllots need to be used immediately for it and Tyranitar giving you real problems with rain.

Excadrill is merely poor in 3v3 play because it is too predictable. To run if effectively two sllots need to be used immediately for it and Tyranitar giving you real problems with rain.

You do realize that this is talking about single battles, which Excadrill works best, rather than 3v3?

@Ghetsis-Dennis, @Takaki still brings up a valid point - Excadrill pretty much needs Tyranitar to show how "Uber" it really is. So it's still a bit predictable.
Garchomp doesn't need that support, and if he does, that's just the icing on the cake for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom