• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Squishy

Master Attendant
Reaction score
14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says - CNN.com

(CNN) -- At least 14 people were killed and 50 wounded when a gunman opened fire during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, Police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.

The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.

"He did not resist. He did not put up a fight," Fania said. Police seized a rifle and a handgun from the suspect, and another gun was found in the theater, he said.

Oates said there was no evidence of a second gunman.

Source - CNN

This is just messed up. I feel so much sorrow for the families that were affected by this madman. :bawl:

Oh gosh, that's just horrible. Even if it was just a few people it would be a horrible crime, 14 is just so appalling. Take into account the huge amount of injuries.....ick...stuff like this honestly makes me a little nervous to go out in public, knowing this could potentially happen....psychopaths like that are terrifying.

That's really just so unexpected. You'd never think such an incident would occur in the middle of a film, so it makes sense that it caught so many off guard and resulted in such a large number of casualties. My deepest sympathies go out to those affected by this.

I'm following this live on the TV here in Denmark, and they just said that a lot of people have talked about that a 3-month-old child possibly also got shot, as well a 9 year old girl in the back. To think, what was supposed to be a great enjoyment for fans, friends and families alike, became a nightmare.

My thoughts goes to the victims and their friends and families of this horrible crime this madman has done.

This kind of occurence is just bone-chilling and saddening to even think about. How could someone just walk into a theater, a place where people should be able to enjoy themselves, and perpetrate such senseless violence? There's no getting around it; what he did was completely and totally wrong.

May the innocent dead rest easy, may the injured enjoy a quick recovery, and may this psychopath see absolutely no mercy for the crime he committed.

Witnesses speaking to the local KOA radio station said the gunman was wearing a gas mask and had released a smoke or teargas bomb before the shooting started. One witness described to CNN a "guy slowly making his way up the stairs and firing, picking random people".

This is beyond harrowing and a really horrifying thought considering how safe the place seemed. My thoughts go out to anyone affected by this, both directly and indirectly.

I don't know, I consider a theater to be a pretty unsafe place...like, it's probably the most horrible place to be in a shootout. Dark, hard to reach the exit since you have to climb over seats...I literally have a fear of this happening every time I watch a movie, no lie, and to see it happen greatly disturbs me.

Notice how they were watching the new Batman film, which contain gun fights. The gunman could be mentally illed and trying to imitate the experience from the Nolan movies, resulting in 14 deaths and 50 wounded civilians. At least he didn't plan on bombing the place like what happened in the films.

Notice how they were watching the new Batman film, which contain gun fights. The gunman could be mentally illed and trying to imitate the experience from the Nolan movies, resulting in 14 deaths and 50 wounded civilians. At least he didn't plan on bombing the place like what happened in the films.

I hate to say this, but when I first heard about it (and the gas-mask wearing shooter) I definitely wondered that too. :/
Considering how widespread and popular the movie is, it doesn't seem that crazy that someone out there agrees with the Joker/Bane and are messed up enough to copy them.

Of course, in all likelihood, the person simply chose the location because he knew it'd be a crowded locale and wanted to cause as much damage. I've heard unconfirmed reports of this being political as well...

They're checking his apartment for explosives, so there's a chance he might have.

This is horrible. I hope they fathom the motivation behind the attack and stop anyone connected from doing further harm if there are any.

Rest in peace all those who died! The world isn't cold & it does care even if it claims not to, we will live on for you.

Such a tragic event that occurred. I hope all who were effected, can find peace. Also, I hope the bastard that did this will be punished to the fullest extent.

A 6 month year old child was killed as well, although I am not sure why a six month baby was at a midnight screening of a (M rated?) movie, but still horrible. You know this person isn't ever going to get away with what he did even in jail, I am pretty sure a baby killer, is something hardly any prisoners is going to take lightly (Aleast if the shows/movies are to be taken seriously). Although it should be the fact he's a murderer that he shouldn't get treated lightly from prisoners.

I got to say, when I walk into an almost empty cinemas, I get a bit nervous since not really anyone's there (I mean it's dark, quiet, and if it's like Cinema 7, right at the end, then creepy since anyone could probably grab you.. But I guess crowded is actually a more likely target).

Also this person is said to be wearing SWAT gear, that's just worse, think they probably got past the main foyer just by saying he had important things to do, and if they thought he was an actual officer, they would have let him through (And be scared, because come on, a SWAT person isn't like a cop, you see one you are going to be scared and nervous wondering why he is here since they deal with bigger cases).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom