• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Eevee Cup Wi-Fi tournament announced for players of the Japanese Pokémon Black 2 and

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Eevee Cup Wi-Fi tournament announced for players of the Japanese Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: ...

A new Wi-Fi tournament called the Eevee Cup has been announced for players of the Japanese Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 games. The tournament only allows Eevee and its evolutions and has Rotation Battles.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Eevee Cup Wi-Fi tournament announced for players of the Japanese Pokémon Black 2

A tournament dedicated to some of the most overrated Pokemon in the series? This gives me an idea for a possible starters-only tournament.

Re: Eevee Cup Wi-Fi tournament announced for players of the Japanese Pokémon Black 2

Obvious anime advertisement is obvious.

I'm totally predicting a new Eeveelution now, "Draceon" has a ring to it.

Oh look, Rotation Battles! I thought GameFreak hated those!

I guess it works though, given the limited number of valid pokémon. A limit like that sounds also kind of interesting... though most likely that'll be on paper, as Espeon and Vaporeon will clearly be the better choices here.
Specially Espeon, as all it takes is predicting a status move because you shift on the same turn, so Magic Bounce is all the more useful.

lucky them.

if I had a ds and black 2/white 2 (yeah I know it's for japanese versions) I'd surely try that wi-fi tourney. <3

I guess it works though, given the limited number of valid pokémon. A limit like that sounds also kind of interesting... though most likely that'll be on paper, as Espeon and Vaporeon will clearly be the better choices here.
Specially Espeon, as all it takes is predicting a status move because you shift on the same turn, so Magic Bounce is all the more useful.
Espeon has a major flaw though - Umbreon is immune to Psychic attacks. And Vaporeon is OK against Glaceon (it's good defensively, as ice not very effective on water) and good against Flareon (water super effective on fire) but falls easily to Jolteon and Leafeon.

I dunno man, the receptionists in the PWT seemed to really want you to try out the triple battle styles even giving you incentives of extra BP to play them out.

While Espeon and Vaporeon are very well-favored in a competitive scene where the other 600+ Pokemon share the field, the potential of threats brought about by a 8-pokemon-only tournament is completely different than what we're normally used to. One has to wonder what's going to happen having a third of the Eeveelutions carry an ability that absorbs their own type. There's no Earthquake, no CloseCombat, no Stealth Rock (not that anyone would use it in triples anyway), no Pranksters, no Dragons, etc.

Last edited:

Baton Pass, Espeon, Stored Power.

Best way to win. Maybe add in HP fighting or bug if you think Umbreon will turn up.

Baton Pass, Espeon, Stored Power.

Best way to win. Maybe add in HP fighting or bug if you think Umbreon will turn up.

The main problem with that idea is that a all the eeveelutions save Leafeon are special based, (I would mention Flareon but his movepool stinks) meaning that it would be a good idea with Umbreon to just maximize HP and Sp. Def and give it Snarl to prevent special attackers from being able to kill it. Leafeon's specialization in physical attacks can also work to its advantage as everyone is expecting special attacks.

This might as well be called the most boring Wi-Fi tournament since you can only do so much with using only 8 Pokemon and their attacks.

I think this Eevee promotional thing that's happening is getting pretty damn ridiculous. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom