• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Japanese Pokémon box office earnings exceed ¥40 billion: Ninth movie continues to do badly, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Toho has announced that the sum of the box office earnings of the Pokémon movies have exceed ¥40 billion (approx. US$342 million) with the ninth movie of the series, ''Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy'', which completed its official theatrical run just last Friday, though over 250 cinemas will continue screening the movie. The ninth movie itself, however, has not fared so well compared to the last three movies.

Read more on Bulbanews

Dangggg, Pokemon is dying compared to the previous movies. The boring director guy needs to get his act together!

Nah, it's just that AG has worn out its welcome. (Look at M4 and M5, they did horrendously.)

The 5th movie really did poorly. I guess the last movies of each gen don't do as well because people get bored during the late transition from each series.

Most likely, considering movie 5 did worse than Prince of the Sea, and that was the last movie of the original series........

Not too mention, wasn't this movie competing with Pirates of The Carribean and a Ghibli Movie?

Let's not forget Superman Returns, Naruto, Kamen Rider, etc.

Yeah, Pokemon did well with all the competition, I aplaud it!

Zhen Lin said:
Let's not forget Superman Returns, Naruto, Kamen Rider, etc.

And Pixar's Cars.

Though I wouldn't think they'd be worried about competition from Naruto considering how much better Advanced Generation has been doing in the ratings than Naruto.

I've been looking at the weekly ratings, and Naruto has been getting higher, even with the fillers....

just...sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom