• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Choose Your Flavor Mafia! ✧ 11/29/2012 ✧ GAME OVER (No Spoilers in the Title!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Mew

Level 7
Reaction score
chooseyourflavor.png

Welcome to Choose Your Flavor Mafia! The premise is simple:

1. You, the player, will choose your own Flavor Role. You may submit any character from any television, film, comic, novel, or other media franchise - or something or someone from real life (political figures, celebrities, etc.), or something you've completely made up! It doesn't matter! I, the Host, will attempt to construct the flavor text to fit whatever unusual situations result from the character pairings.
1a. You will submit your character via PM to the host (click here to PM Master Mew) at the time that you make your sign-up post.​

2. This game will employ a Semi-Open Setup: All possible roles will be listed here in the Main Post (see below) - however, the precise number of each role that appears in the game will not be disclosed, and just because a role is listed does not guarantee that it will actually appear in the game. Again: The ONLY roles that are possible in this game are the roles listed below.

3. Sanities are guaranteed. However, one Town-aligned player will be randomly selected after the Role PMs are sent to receive Miller-Status. That player will not be notified of their Miller-Status.
3a. Miller: A Town-aligned player who investigates as "Mafia" when checked by investigative roles.

3b. There will be a 20% chance that there is no Miller.​

4. Day Phases will last 48 hours, and I intend, barring any complications, to update at 12:00 AM (Midnight) U.S. Central Standard Time. Night Phases will last 24 hours.
4a. Alternatively, Day Phases will end when one player receives a majority of available votes (i.e. the sum of the total number of remaining players, divided in half, plus one - fractions rounded down) For instance, if there are 7 remaining players, it takes 4 players to "hammer." Once a player is hammered, they will be lynched no matter what, even if votes are taken off. At that point, the game enters Twilight and you may talk amongst yourselves (except for the lynched player) until I have time to update.

4b. If, at the end of the phase, no player has received a majority of the available votes, there will be no lynch. Lynches will not result from a plurality of votes.

Possible Roles

Vanilla Townie

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers, your only Night Phase ability is to get a good night's rest. You do, however, possess your vote, which is very powerful and can help you eliminate Mafia Scum. Use it wisely.

You are allied with the Town. You will win when all members of the Mafia are eliminated.
Mafia Scum

You are a Mafia Scum. You have no special powers, your only Night Phase ability is to vote for the Mafia Nightkill.

You are allied with the Mafia. You will win when the game advances to the point that it is impossible for the Town to win.
Cop

You are a Cop. During each Night Phase, you can PM the Host and say Check: Player and at the end of the Phase I will respond to you with a result, either Innocent (not Mafia), or Guilty (Mafia) for the player you specified.

You are allied with the Town. You will win when all members of the Mafia are eliminated.
Doctor

You are a Doctor. During each Night Phase, you can PM the Host and say Protect: Player and the player you specify will be immune to the Mafia Nightkill during that Night Phase.

Bomb

You are a Bomb. If you are lynched, the player who placed the hammer-vote on you will die.

Lightning Rod

You are a Lightning Rod. During each Night Phase, as long as you remain in the game, all Night Actions will automatically target you - Nightkills, Cop-Checks, Doctor Protections, Roleblocks, etc.

Godfather

You are a Godfather. You will investigate as "Town" whenever checked by an investigative role.

You are allied with the Mafia. You will win when the game advances to the point that it is impossible for the Town to win.
Role Blocker

You are a Role Blocker. During each Night Phase, you can PM the Host and say Roleblock: Player and the player you specify will be unable to effectively use their ability during that Night Phase.

Silencer

You are a Silencer. During each Night Phase, you can PM the Host and say Silence: Player and the player you specify will be unable to post during the next Day Phase.

Rules
1. Play nice. Make sure when you critique someone's playstyle (which is ok, and encouraged) you are analyzing for scumminess, not to point out how someone is a poor player and doesn't belong in the game (not ok).

2. Other than the Mafia QuickTopic, no outside communications are allowed in this game.

3. Mafiosi: Do not share the Mafia QT URL, or its contents, anywhere until the game is over.

4. Once someone places the hammer vote on you, or you are Nightkilled, you may make one last "death" post, in which you cannot state any game-related information, and then no more posts until the game ends. You may not, "Like," posts after death, either.

5. To vote for someone, post Vote: Player in bold. To unvote, post Unvote: Player. Do not edit out your votes.

6. If you fail to post in two consecutive phases (i.e. 72 hours total), you may be subbed out. Let me know ahead of time if you know you are going to be away for a couple of days.

7. Always play to fulfill your win condition.

8. You may not screenshot or directly quote your Role PM - nor may you fabricate a quote or screenshot of your Role PM. Nameclaims (obviously) and roleclaims are allowed, however.

9. As the host, I reserve the right to modify, remove or add rules during the game.

10. As the host, I reserve the right to modkill you for any reason, or no reason at all (I won't do the latter, however).

To show you've read these rules, follow them.

Players
1. @Dark Blueberry Nightkilled on Night 5 - Steven Stone (Doctor)
2. @Scarlet Enchantress Won on Night 5 - Arcanine (Godfather)
3. @TheMissingno. Nightkilled Night 2 - Boba Fett (Vanilla Townie)
4. @Aelita Lynched Day 2 - Ino Yamanaka (Doctor)
5. @Soulmaster Lynched on Day 5 - Spock (Bomb)
6. @Sputnik Lynched on Day 4 - Ivan "Russia" Braginski (Vanilla Townie)
7. @Buoy Lynched Day 3 - Paperhorse (Mafia Scum)
8. @FinalArcadia Nightkilled Night 1 - Hope Estheim (Vanilla Townie)
9. @Rio Kamishiro Bombkilled on Day 5 - Alit (Cop)
10. @Mijzelffan Nightkilled Night 4 - Lambik (Vanilla Townie)
Subs:
1. @Joltik
2. @Stuntology
3. @KidBeano
4. @Ryoga Kamishiro

Good luck and have fun,
Master Mew

Last edited:
Re: Choose Your Flavor Mafia! ✧ 11/15/2012 ✧ SIGN-UPS

Signing up for this~

interesting

Me thinks this looks fun.
No I shan't follow the rules *sticks tongue out at MM

I want to try this. :D

I'd like to sign up, please.

I'd like to play! ^^

I'll play.

All spots are now filled, just waiting on a character submission from @Mijzelffan and @TheMissingno..

Subs still accepted.

EDIT: Mijz pm-ninja'd me. :p

Re: Choose Your Flavor Mafia! ✧ 11/15/2012 ✧ SUBS NEEDED

/sub

Re: Choose Your Flavor Mafia! ✧ 11/15/2012 ✧ SUBS NEEDED

I'll sub.

Re: Choose Your Flavor Mafia! ✧ 11/15/2012 ✧ Role PMs Pending

Awww, I meant to sign up for this when I first saw it. I'll sub please :3

I'll sub too if you need another.

Role PMs are going out, please do not confirm until you have received your role.

Confirming my role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom