• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with purc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with purchase of ...

On specially marked Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 games at Walmart stores in the US, there is a code for Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup that can be entered in the Pokémon Global Link promotions page to obtain obtain one of the Sinnoh starter Pokémon.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with

And of course, they just HAD to pick the starters that are actually better with their normal abilities. Seriously, the Hoenn starters would have been supreme candidates for this!

OK, OK, so maybe I'm just too lazy to find a Speed Bost Torchic myself, but still... >.<

Re: Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with

I groaned when I read it was for Walmart purchases. Really? They can't put it on the Dream World, wifi, or even Toys R Us local network?

Yeah, that's nice.

Let's just go ahead and forget everyone who was loyal and went to buy it on the release date. >.>

Silly us, we should have had the foresight to see waiting two months to buy it would have benefits. :3

Last edited:

What bites even more is that we can only choose ONE of the three per PGL registered game card, and you can only have one B2 and W2 registered, which means we're only allowed two different Starters at most. That's almost mean. Throw in the Walmart purchase part and you've got a recipe for major frustration. Also, it has to be "participating" Walmarts, which means not every Walmart will be doing it. *sigh*

Sadly, though, I may just go ahead and buy one at one of my Walmarts (and hope at least one of them is participating in it) just to have. Then I'll trade in the extra game at my local GameStop for some store credit for a later purchase. After all, regardless, a DW Starter is still a DW Starter, even though the Sinnoh group does do better with the basic Abilities vs. DW Abilities.

I assume this is gonna be like the Lucario thing with the unique one-time codes?

cool! now all we need is the Unova Starters (I want my Contrary Serperior damnit!)

Kanto starters: Chlorophyll Venusaur. Cool.
Johto starters: Sheer Force Feraligatr. Epic.
Hoenn starters: Speed Boost Blaziken. Awesome.
Sinnoh starters: Iron Fist Infernape. For the love of Arceus, Infernape doesn't have a movepool that can effectively use Iron Fist and it has much better options to use with Blaze.
Unova starters: Contrary Serperior. Good.

Out of all the avalible starters, could they have seriously made a worse choice?

Did anyone mention that the starter is supposedly picked at random?

Can't even breed it.

Did anyone mention that the starter is supposedly picked at random?

Can't even breed it.

No, they're not at random, thankfully. That would be a major screwball for us if it was. According to the PGL, if you enter the code, you then get to choose which one of the three you want, but you can only choose one per registered game card. So you do get the option of picking which one you want, and you might be able to breed it (genders are not defined here, so I guess like any DW Mon, it can be either male or female), but it's still not the best deal.

I groaned when I read it was for Walmart purchases. Really? They can't put it on the Dream World, wifi, or even Toys R Us local network?
This. But only DW or Wi-fi for me, there are no in-store downloads here.
I'm surprised the hidden ability starters even made it outside of Japan.

I assume this is gonna be like the Lucario thing with the unique one-time codes?

I hope its like Lucario, because then everyone else around the world got it for free.

For the love of Arceus, Infernape doesn't have a movepool that can effectively use Iron Fist

Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch. I'd say that's pretty good to he honest.

Back on topic though, this is really frustrating. It's like the Amazon Lightningrod Pikachu. Even though I pre-ordered my W2 from Amazon, I didn't get anything, when I think I should have. (Luckily I got the code from when B2 was purchased)

Oh, I have an idea, unless Wal-mart uses those boxes that only open at checkout (idk if it does).

1. Go to Wal-mart, with a notebook or pretty much anything you can write on.
2. Making sure nobody is looking, open the box.
3. Take down the code.
4. ???
5. Profit.

If they stop you at checkout because they saw you on the camera, calmly explain that Game Freak are starting to get really gimmicky with trying to sell their games, and you aren't falling for it any longer.

Why don't they just sell the code itself? I'm sure quite a few people would be willing to lay down a dollar or two for the code.

Worst. Distribution. Method. Ever.

Ugh, this is ridiculous. This is a big "screw you" to those who bought Black 2 and White 2 at launch and for Genesect.

How about a new promotion?

Anyone who registered their Black 2 or White 2 before the start of the Sinnoh Starters promo's start date is mailed a single-used code by the Pokemon website that allows them one starter from any other generation of their choice?

Or perhaps something a little more specific, but still... Distributions like this Sinnoh one make customer loyalty seem meaningless.

Last edited:

For the love of Arceus, Infernape doesn't have a movepool that can effectively use Iron Fist

Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch. I'd say that's pretty good to he honest.
But can you imagine the extreme annoyance if your Chimchar is male? Because most of Infernape's punches are egg moves, with the exception of Mach Punch and Fire Punch, the latter of which can be tutored, but I'd say it's better to hope for a female so you can breed Focus Punch onto its offspring. Still, there are better Iron Fist users out there, like Hitmonchan and Conkeldurr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom