• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Deoxys event announced for Japan: Distribution from Dec. 15 until Dec. 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Deoxys event announced for Japan: Distribution from Dec. 15 until Dec. 23

The official Japanese Pokémon website has announced that Deoxys will be distributed at various events in Japan from Dec. 15, 2012 until Dec. 23, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

When the Deoxys Pokémon Doll was released in Japan I thought that it was foreshadowing a generation V Deoxys event and it seems that I was correct. The event is on location and therefore not online in Japan. If it is distributed in other countries such as the UK (where I live) I hope that it is still distributed on location, such as in GAME stores, so that Deoxys can still be one of the rarest Pokémon.

I want it to be wi-fi, all events should be. Making it more rare is just unfair on people who don't live near participating stores. Though if it is at GAME then I hope it'll be like the Keldeo event where it was at every GAME, rather than just a few dotted around the country like previous events (so I can actually go to it).

The event itself is weird though. Dusk Ball? As this is Masuda's Deoxys it shows that the developers hack their Pokémon. The only way to catch Deoxys is at Birth Island, in which case it can't be in a Dusk Ball because it didn't exist. Even if there was a Gen IV/V location for it there's still the question of the Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse tutor he took it to see...

Even if there was a Gen IV/V location for it there's still the question of the Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse tutor he took it to see...
There isn't a location in the Generation IV main series games but you can obtain Deoxys in Generation IV easily by completing the multiplayer mission Deoxys and the Odd Temple in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs although these Deoxys are obtained in normal Poké Balls.

Deoxy would still be behind Victini, keldeo, meloette and genosect in my view for likely next international wifi pokemon.

Still deoxy very nice and would be welcome :-D

Deoxy would still be behind Victini, keldeo, meloette and genosect in my view for likely next international wifi pokemon.

Still deoxy very nice and would be welcome :-D

They've already announced that they intend to do a Meloetta event. It says "Stay tuned for how you'll be able to get Meloetta's Pirouette Forme in your game!" on the Pokémon website. It's been there for ages, my guess is that the distribution will be soon. Possibly over Christmas like Victini last year.

Oooo... Deoxys. I want it. And Melotta.

With those I can truly complete my pokedex. :D

I hope that when it does get distributed outside of Japan, it's over the Wi-Fi, as it'll be easier to obtain for those who don't have access (or easy access) to places like GameStops. But if they do decide on distributing it via location, it better be ALL stores of the same name, making it more fair. Otherwise it'll just isolate various locations that don't get easy access to such luxuries. It's only fair. Let's just hope, however, they don't get the wise idea to distribute Deoxys and others like they're doing with the DW Sinnoh starters.

But, anyway, I can't wait to get my hands on Deoxys, since I've never been able to get one in the past.

Hopefully they give away Deoxys in the states as well. I only have one Deoxys from the GameStop Event back in 08 but I was unable to go so one of my friends had an extra one and we traded but it has a crappy Impish nature. I was also fortunate to download the Deoxys event off of Wi-Fi on Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs but I was never able to get one because the mission was multiplayer and I didn't know anyone who had the game at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom