• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be featured

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be featured

CoroCoro has revealed that Movie 16 will be called Genesect of Godspeed. The movie will feature shiny Genesect and will be released July 13, 2013.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be feature

Finally getting details for this movie.Interesting title.

I'm also hoping that when the English dub is made that the Genescet distribution is made available to US/international players cause I wasn't able to get the one distributed when Black 2 and White 2 came out.

Re: Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be feature

Hang on a minute... What kind of form is that on the scan to the left of the article Genesect has? Some sort of "Jet Mode"?

Interesting. I wonder if they'll take the shiny check off the wonder card for the Genesect, like they did for the PC Groudon and Kyogre and a few other recent Japanese events

This Eevee short intrigues me. It's yet another hint that we'll get new Eeveelutions next gen.

OOoo..... Shiny genesect. I want.

Awesome. Shiny, Event-exclusive Legendaries are pretty much unheard of, let alone featured in a movie. I've liked Genesect's Shiny colors better, so... Aww, yeah!

Two things: First, the link to the discussion on the article didn't work. Second, is there any word on whether this event Genecect will be shiny? From the image, it looked like it was just going to be a regular one.

Hang on a minute... What kind of form is that on the scan to the left of the article Genesect has? Some sort of "Jet Mode"?

It was reported a while back that Genecect could change into a flying saucer in the movie.

The article has been updated with the new trailer released by the official site's YouTube channel.

Based on the CoroCoro scans, the Genesect they're distributing (again) isn't even shiny. Lame. Totally lame.

I'm hoping that the event genesect will be shiny (and be distributed outside of Japan) considering we've fairly recently have gotten a regular genesect. I'm really interested to see how they come up with justifying two genesects existing at once. I know the anime/movies don't exactly follow the games, but I wonder if they'll keep the fact of genesect being created by plasma.

I'm hoping that the event genesect will be shiny (and be distributed outside of Japan) considering we've fairly recently have gotten a regular genesect. I'm really interested to see how they come up with justifying two genesects existing at once. I know the anime/movies don't exactly follow the games, but I wonder if they'll keep the fact of genesect being created by plasma.

Considering its artificially created, it shouldn't be that hard.

The games also state that Genesect's development was halted by N. I had long assumed that the purple Genesect was a result of Scientist Dudley going behind N's back and finishing at least this one Genesect without his consent, and that the order to create Genesect was originally Ghetsis' in order to make an army of robotic insects. However, it would be interesting if, even in-game, the purple Genesect was an incomplete model, and that the shiny Genesect represents Dudley's completed prototype.

Sure, all we know now is that Shiny Genesect has Extreme speed, but let's face it, Genesect in general, is not that "amazing" when you look at its special move. Sure, an unmodified Genesect would be much more interesting, but really, I don't expect anything from Game Freak anymore.

Well, the title's pretty simple compared to previous movies, just only two words, though I'm surprised that there isn't a Gen 6 Pokemon that's going to be heavily involved in the film to steal the spotlight from Genesect, at least not yet though. When one appears, we would know of it by the title changing with them adding extra words to it that hint to a Gen 6 Pokemon.

The games also state that Genesect's development was halted by N. I had long assumed that the purple Genesect was a result of Scientist Dudley going behind N's back and finishing at least this one Genesect without his consent, and that the order to create Genesect was originally Ghetsis' in order to make an army of robotic insects. However, it would be interesting if, even in-game, the purple Genesect was an incomplete model, and that the shiny Genesect represents Dudley's completed prototype.

Sure, all we know now is that Shiny Genesect has Extreme speed, but let's face it, Genesect in general, is not that "amazing" when you look at its special move. Sure, an unmodified Genesect would be much more interesting, but really, I don't expect anything from Game Freak anymore.

That's what I've been thinking too, along with the thought that the movie might have the two Genesect's fighting each other, possibly with the purple incomplete one being the good one, and the shiny red one being the evil one. It makes sense when you think about it hard enough.

Last edited:

Partially artificial.

Since it's such an ancient Pokemon that was only recently modified with technology, I have a hard time believing that Genesects just appear or are easy to make.

Partially artificial.

Since it's such an ancient Pokemon that was only recently modified with technology, I have a hard time believing that Genesects just appear or are easy to make.

It seems like it was fossil they revived and modified. As long as they have viable DNA, and guess what, given that they brought a Genesect back to life, they do, then availability is not a problem.

While they (used to) have viable DNA, I don't think that Genesects are anything you could mass produce unless the modifications were made of really cheap materials. If they were easy to make, I don't think we'd get Genesect only from events.

While they (used to) have viable DNA, I don't think that Genesects are anything you could mass produce unless the modifications were made of really cheap materials. If they were easy to make, I don't think we'd get Genesect only from events.

Used to? They have an existing Genesect. And two Genesect isn't "mass production". And people mass produce tanks and fighter jets, are you saying those are cheap? With enough funding and resources, they can definitely make more. Obviously there's a "limited amount" given that it's story in-game is that its development had been halted. That's why its an event. It doesn't stop the fact that the anime, which rarely ever follows the game's plot anyway, can find an excuse to create a second (really, two is not mass produced) Genesect given that they created one the first time in order to move the plot forward.

And really, we're getting into funding issues when Team Plasma has not only created an entire castle underground, but had the technology to have it pop up into the surface with a single command. They also created a device that hacks into every PC to release Pokemon. And created the Plasma Frigate. It's a flying boat that really doesn't care about fuel efficiency since they don't take down the sails in flight mode and undoubtedly creates a lot of drag. Oh, and it's not just a flying boat, it has the technology to harness the power of a legendary Pokemon to shoot blasts of unbreakable ice.

Yet its unbelievable for anyone else (assuming Team Plasma isn't behind this Genesect) to create a second Genesect. Really. The crap Team Plasma does in the game? Pales in comparison to the technology shown in the anime, and especially the movies. We have Lawrence III and his unnecessarily large floating fortress, Zero and his Megarig and Infi, with the former being something he built from scratch out of memory. And yet a second Genesect is what is considered unrealistic for a Pokemon movie.

Last edited:

Listen, OR, I'm not here to argue. I just said some things and corrected you a bit. I simply don't think that making Genesects is easy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom