• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 109 "The Araragi Laboratory! A New Journey!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: BW 109 "The Araragi Laboratory! A New Journey!"

This episode seriously looks bad. Its the yet overused filler plot of a new girl starting her journey, something we just saw in Dawn's special with that girl choosing between the DP starters.

I just don't understand the writers reasoning sometimes. A league is rushed just to get back to making filler episodes. Makes no sense at all.

This looks like a boring ass filler on the same level as the worst of a muck we got in DP, BF, and Johto

So the "highlight" of this episode will be a shot of N (which we've already seen) and Professor Juniper telling Ash about the White Ruins. I guess that they're back in Nuvema so that they can visit the P2 Lab with N in the near future. It still doesn't justify wasting the arc's first episode on a filler plot.

I must be watching a different preview from you guys, because this episode is neither boring nor a filler. Looks like an exciting start to the new saga. They need an episode to set up the new plot and reintroduce the Rockets.

So the "highlight" of this episode will be a shot of N (which we've already seen) and Professor Juniper telling Ash about the White Ruins. I guess that they're back in Nuvema so that they can visit the P2 Lab with N in the near future. It still doesn't justify wasting the arc's first episode on a filler plot.

Apparently we need the Unova starters reintroduced, which makes little sense as Ash has them on his team.

This episode might have been interesting had it not been for that one shot where Ash was apparently relying on Pikachu.

What writers? 3-5 wins in the league, more than even Krookodile, and likely Pignite combined wasn't enough?

Apparently we need the Unova starters reintroduced, which makes little sense as Ash has them on his team.

Agreed. I mean it might be interesting to see a different Oshawott, than Ash's, but since Oshawott isn't evolving, I don't really care to see another Oshawott.

So her's what it looks like. Ash is bummed about losing the league (again I thought he didn't care after the Johto) so the go back to Nuvema to hang out with the professor (instead of know you doing anything other then bothering someone doing their job, the odd part is none of these character are bothered by this is this a culture thing cause if not I don't like it) and some random trainer is trying to pick out a pokemon (where have I seen this before) and then TR attacks. Seems pointless to me I have no idea what story elements can be continued through the rest of the saga.

Damn. I was really hoping they'd make use of travelling back down to Nuvema Town to visit some more locations rather than just rushing back there in one episode.

I'll be annoyed if this episode doesn't show Ash with all of his Unova Pokemon - considering how little screentime they all get, visiting the lab should at the very least be a chance for him to be with all of them at once.

I'll tolerate Team Rocket to the extent that it makes N meet Meowth.

That's from an old episode. It's just there to commemorate Meowth's moves for the upcoming promotion.

The COTD doesn't look too generic, she actually looks pretty unique. Seems to have a decent enough personality. Calm-acting Mijumaru, that's so refreshing compared to Satoshi's. Non-smug Jalorda?

Wow, very suggestive scene with Araragi-Hakase and that paddle thing. Really hoping this battle is gonna be good, don't see the need for the reintroduction of the starters outside of Pokabu, Satoshi's Tsutarja and Mijumaru are perfectly fine. Not to mention we just saw a final stage Isshu set in the league. And Chaobu quite a bit as well. Well can't go wrong with marketing I guess......

If they wanted to do an episode with the starters, I think it would have been way more interesting to do one with the Houen set. Not sure how that would work without bringing in Odamaki-Hakase, but it would at least have given us more to talk about / speculate than what we seem to be getting here.

Also, I wonder if Makomo-Hakase will have any role in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom