• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Space Race Mafia - Day 4 - Project Apollo (2/6/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerMißingno

Gutes deutsches Bier
Reaction score
170px-Hammer_and_sickle.svg.png
Welcome rocket scientists, to the Space Race!
american-flag-128x128.jpg

In the wake of World War Two, tensions quickly began to mount between the world's two superpowers, the United States and the Soviet Union. With the development of nuclear weapons, both sides were able to threaten one another with total annihilation, giving rise to the Cold War. During this time, as a result of such a threat, aerospace technology increased extremely rapidly as both sides needed ways to both deliver a nuclear weapon and defend against them.

As the Cold War progressed, both sides recognized the importance of the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon without having to use an aircraft. The solution was a small competition between cruise missiles (missiles that use lift to fly to their targets) and ballistic missiles (missiles that are sent to their targets using a parabolic trajectory). Ballistic missiles were deemed more practical for long distances, so suddenly rocket technology became a top priority of both governments.

In the mid 1950s, both sides were underway working on their own intercontinental ballistic missile. The United States was working on their Atlas rocket, and the Soviet Union was working on the R-7 Semyorka. Both rockets were tasked with carrying a thermonuclear warhead half way around the world. However, the Atlas only had to carry the Americans' efficient 4-5 ton bomb, while the R-7 had to carry the Soviets' bulky 20 ton bomb.

In August of 1957, the R-7 became the first intercontinental ballistic missile to be successfully tested. Because it was designed to carry such a large payload, it was relatively easy for them to simply put a metal ball with a transmitter on board and launch it into orbit. They did just that on October 4, 1957. The initial reaction in the Soviet Union to the first artificial satellite was underwhelming. It was given a small article in the state newspapers, and went by virtually unnoticed at first. However, the next day upon realizing the strong reactions from the west, this achievement was given the headlines it deserved. The space race had officially begun...​

Gameplay

This is a hammer game. The day phase will last 72 hours maximum. A majority of players' votes will be required for a lynch. Once the last vote to reach a majority is cast (the hammer), the phase will fall into twilight as the phase change is prepared. In twilight, anyone but the fellow who was lynched may continue to discuss. If a majority is not reached in 72 hours, then there will be no lynch. The thread will be locked during the 24 hour night phase.

There are 9 players in this game, 7 of which are town (Soviet Space Program) and 2 of which are mafia (NASA). The town will have one doctor and 6 vanilla townies. The mafia will have one role cop and one mafia goon.

Furthermore, a player MUST be targeted every night phase. If the mafia does not choose a target due to carelessness or inactivity, then I will choose a player at random to be targeted.

Rules

Be awesome to each other, and party on dudes.

No role PM screenshots or screenshots of any PM I send you.

No outside communication besides the mafia QT.

Do not edit your posts.

Voting format is as follows: Vote: Player. Do not deviate from this format, which includes mentioning in your vote. If you mention in your vote, then your vote will not be counted.

Be active. I'm not going to sub anyone out for being inactive, but just don't do it. This game is going to suck if there is inactivity.

Nameclaiming is encouraged, you might learn something. However, I will be providing the mafia with a list of safe fake claims in order to prevent game breaking. All of the fake claims will be believable.

Play to your win condition. No voting for yourself under any circumstances.

Players:

1. @Zima; - Alexei Leonov - Lynched Day 3
2. @Neon Borealis; - Vladimir Chelomei - Killed Night 1
3. @twinArmageddons;
4. @Phoenicks;
5. @Master Mew;
6. @Soulmaster;
7. @TM40 Aerial Ace;
8. @Dark Blueberry;
9. @Orion; - Yuri Gagarin - Killed Night 2

Subs:

1. @Beck;
2. @Booster Gold;
3. @Sunburn;

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Space Race Mafia - Now Taking Signups

So in.

Vey well, in.

Can you place me as a sub, for the time being? Thanks.

I'm in.

In please.

In! In! In!

Sign me up.

COME ON LAIKA!

Re: Space Race Mafia - One Spot Left

I know I said I'll be taking a break from Mafia games, but what the hell. I'm in.

Re: Space Race Mafia - One Spot Left

Sign ups closed. Role PMs will be out soon. Do not confirm until I say you can please.

Re: Space Race Mafia - Night 0 - Role Confirmations

Confirming my role.

Confirming.

Confirmed.

Role confirmed.

(Also note that Neon and Phoenicks confirmed in the present progressive, ironclad scumtell) :p

Confirming and ready for take-off!

we are all confirmed on this end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom