• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [April 4] - ENDGAME - Town win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feralize

Reaction score
Welcome to Intro to Mafia: Cats of the War Room.
Special thanks to @Phoenicks; for helping me plan this game, and to @Master Mew; for putting together a great Intro game – looking through his was definitely helpful when making this.

tumblr_mhlnxioI8Z1rm17bjo1_500.gif

I’m Feralize, and I’ll be the Host, the one who runs and oversees the game.

This mafia game will cover the basics of how to play and act as a simple first game.

Game Mechanics/How To Play:
If you have any questions during the course of the game, you may ask Phoenicks, Paperhorse, or me via Private Message or Skype (contact info is posted in the Rules spoiler). We would be glad to assist you to the best of our ability.

There will be 9 players in this game. You will receive a Private Message containing your Role when all spots have been filled. Your Role PM will state your faction, say if you have any powers, and include a picture and short description of a cat owned by a mafia player.
There will be two factions in this game: the Town (the good guys) and the Mafia (the bad guys).

• The majority of players will be Town. The Town will win if they eliminate all Mafia players from the game.
  • A minority of players will be Mafia. The Mafia win if they equal the Town in number. Their role is a bit trickier because they must pretend to be Town. However, they will receive a link to a private message board where they may plan in secret.

The game is played in phases. After sign-ups, I will send out roles. It will be “Night 0” and you will confirm that you have received your role. After Night 0 is Day 1, and the game itself begins.

• During the Day phases, both Town and Mafia players vote someone out of the game (called “lynching”). Days last for 48 hours.
  • During the Night phases, the Mafia choose a player to eliminate from the game (called a “nightkill”). During this time, both factions may discuss the game in-thread. Nights last for 24 hours.

Additionally, there will be a few roles with powers. These are detailed in the spoiler tag below.

If you are lynched or nightkilled, you are dead and no longer in the game. Your role will be revealed to all players upon death. When all Mafia are dead or the Town are outnumbered, the game will end.

If you break rules or cannot play, you may be subbed out (another player will take your place in the game) or modkilled (your role will be killed by me, and your faction will suffer).

Roles:
These are the only roles that may be in the game. Not all of them will appear, and you will not be told which roles are not in the game.

Town:
There will be 5 Vanilla Townies.
Dear player,
You are a Vanilla Townie.
You are just an ordinary Town-aligned cat with no special powers.
During the Day, you should vote and discuss with the other players. At Night, you can relax.

You are Town. You win when all of the Mafia are dead.

There will be two out of these three roles: Cop, Jailkeeper, Named Townie.

Dear player,
You are the Cop.

During the Day, you should vote and discuss with the other players. At Night, you may PM the Host “Check: (player you wish to check)”. You will be told if that player is Town or Mafia. You can do this every Night phase.

Dear player,
You are the Jailkeeper.
During the Day, you should vote and discuss with the other players. At Night, you may PM the Host “Jail: (player you wish to jail)”. They will be protected from being nightkilled, but their role (if any) will not work.

Dear player,
You are a Named Townie.
Even though you have no powers, you can claim to be the Named Townie, which may clear your name.
During the Day, you should vote and discuss with the other players. At Night, you can relax.

There will be two Mafia Janitors.

Dear player,
You are a Mafia Janitor.
During the Day, you should vote and discuss with the other players. Each Night, you and your partner may collaborate and choose a target to kill. Additionally, once during the game, you may PM the Host with “Night #: Hide Kill”. The target’s role will only be revealed to the Mafia. (The target’s identity and alignment will still be made public.)

You are Mafia. You win when your faction equals the Town in number or this outcome cannot be prevented.
Note: If a Mafia Janitor is targeted by the Jailkeeper on the night they use their Janitor power, it will fail and it cannot be used again.

Rules (READ):
1. Please remain civil while playing the game. All BMGf-wide and War Room rules apply here. Unsportsmanlike behavior falls under this rule.
2. Please remain active in-thread and keep all posts relevant to the game.
3. Please don’t discuss the game outside of the thread unless you are asking Phoenicks, Paperhorse, or myself about the game in private.
4. If you change your username, please make a post in-thread saying so.
5. Please do not post screenshots of any game-related PM I send you.
6. Please play to win. If you are Town, try to find and lynch the mafia. If you are Mafia, do your best to fit in with the Town and whittle down their numbers.
7. Upon your exit from the game (whether by being killed or subbed out), please do not say anything or like any posts until the game ends.
8. As the host, I reserve the right to edit these rules as I see fit.
9. Updates will occur at 10pm (22:00) EST (GMT -5/New York, Montreal, Boston, etc). If I cannot update on time, I may delay the update or extend the phase by 24 hours. I will announce in-thread if this will happen as soon as I’m aware.
Contact Information:
@Feralize; – Click to PM – Skype name: fadeawaywolf
@Phoenicks; – Click to PM – Skype name: nick.murray57
@Paperhorse; – Click to PM – Skype name: lilypotter37

Players:
To sign up, carefully read the spoilered sections, then reply to the thread with “in” or something similar.

These two players have experience in playing mafia and will be participating. They will help in keeping the game on track and teaching you basic strategies for play. If you have any questions that are better addressed with non-players, please contact one of the people listed above.
1. @Midorikawa; - Vanilla Townie/Night 1 target
2. @Mintaka; @Sunburn;
3. @Phantom R; @Yatagarasu;
4. @SwampertShoes; - Named Townie/Night 2 target
5. @Quaggington;
6. @SteamKnight;
7. @Pokemaster97;
8. @Beck;
9. @MuddyMudkip;

Subs:
These are substitute players. If you cannot play immediately but would still like a chance, request to be a sub. If I need someone to replace a player, I will contact these players in the order they sign up.

Last edited:
Re: Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [Mar 8]

I second Phantom R! I'd like to join. =]

Oh, what the heck. I'll join.

I'll join. Just a spoiler, I'm probably going to be REALLY easy to kill.

I'll join. Just a spoiler, I'm probably going to be REALLY easy to kill.

I'll be even easier, probably! This will only be my second mafia game...

Re: Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [Mar 8] - 3 spots left!

This'll be my first. ^^' So it's nice to meet you guys!

3 spots left until we can start! You guys may chat when the game begins.

I might as well join. ^_^

/has played in more than 50 mafia games

I might as well join. ^_^

/has played in more than 50 mafia games
Experienced players may only sign up if/when I state it is permitted. It's fairer if only first-time/very new players besides those listed above play.

However, I am opening sign-ups to players that have played about 10 games or less. There are 3 spots left to fill.

Seeing that there is trouble feeling up the spots I can join if you think there will be no more newbies signing up for it... Also I have played less than 10 games in Bulbagarden so by not counting games in other forums I am a newbie... :D

Anyway just keep me in mind as backup in order you need to fill the last spot or so...

Re: Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [Mar 8] - 1 spot left!

Cancel my subscription I was just informed that for the next week I won't have internet which means I will only be able to use it in the common room. Really sorry but I couldn't have known about it...

I'll sign up. I've been looking for a smaller game of Mafia and this looks like fun.

Okay, we just need one more person to start. Ask anyone who you think may be interested!

I'd like to give this a try, so "in". ^_^

Mafia: Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [Mar 18] - Role Confirmations! Subs welco

Okay, we have all the players we need! (Thank you ^^)
Roles will be sent out soon, via Private Message. Post here to confirm when you have received yours ("Confirmed" or some variation). Do not share your role with other players for now.

Once you have confirmed, you may chat as long as it's related to the game/mafia games in general. (Though regular games do not allow this, it's okay here since most of you have never played before.)

The game's rules are now in effect. You may not talk to anyone about the game outside of this thread except for Paperhorse, Phoenicks, and myself. If you cannot play, let me know. You have until 10:00PM EDT on March 19th to confirm your role (this is more than 24 hours; if everyone confirms before the deadline, you may chat until the game begins). If you do not confirm before the deadline, the game will start without you.

Edit: All roles have been sent.

Last edited:
Re: Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [Mar 18] - Role Confirmations! Subs welcome

Got my role!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom