• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW126: Goodbye Mijumaru!? The Path to Being Hotachi King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
IU9CdjU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW126? Oshawott vs Dewott

Lol despite the title being "Goodbye Mijumaru!? The path to being Scalchop King!" The chances of it evolving or Ash leaving it is -infinity. The best we can hope for is mijumaru turning into bulbasaur 2.0. And we all know the real reason is marketing not any bullshit about a scalchop king.

Yeah, count me in on the bullshit train, especially with a Pokemon as profitable as Mijumaru. But still, the little shit is finally getting some much-deserved focus after his string of bad luck recently.

Can I just say I literally just jumped up and down after seeing this? Mijumaru, development, the group Pokemon not being overrun by Lizardon's presence, possible win. Just don't make him into a butt monkey.

Last edited:

Unfortunately Oshawott is appearing in the Genesect movie, so he won't be evolving here. Him leaving is just as unlikely. Oh well, at least he's actually doing something this time.

Meowth is just too Priceless Does Anyone Else Think So.

We are going to get some Oshawott development, but I have to agree that it will be a Bulba 2.0.

What's more important, though, is that this will be the FIRST episode of Decolora Adventures! Dont know why its posted as BW126, but I highly doubt it will be, considering Easter falls between, aka 2 week break.

Bulbasaur Mysterious Garden 2.0 with Meowth disguised as a Dewott to catch the Oshawott. Yeah, not interested, and we already know what happens in the end.

I no longer care. I doubt this is the end of Osha anyway, but if it is, it makes little difference. Otherwise...so much Osha. It's happening... We're all doomed. Save yourselves before it's too late. :eek:<

Even the more likely premise of Bulbasaur 2.0 makes me facepalm at this episode. I presume this is going to be the episode that kills any hope of Oshawott evolving (fighting a Dewott just makes it feel quite inevitable), which frankly, is stupid.

See, this "choosing not to evolve" thing worked for Bulbasaur because Bulbasaur was always a badass and proved it didn't need to evolve to be a badass.

Oshawott is a fucking joke.

No amount of pathos this episode might instill is going to convince me that Oshawott is better off not evolving, because this one episode won't cover the hundred-plus episodes of Oshawott being utterly pathetic during its run. The fact that there's an obvious duel between Oshawott and a Dewott in the episode just tells me this is going to be one of the many episodes that tries to be emotionally touching and appealing but falls flat on its ass due to the absence of common sense.

But still, the little shit is finally getting some much-deserved focus after his string of bad luck recently.

Agreed, I'd rather the writers nip Mijumaru's little evolution speculation in the bud if he, most likely isn't, evolving at all ever. We know he's still a Mijumaru after this episode due to the movie posters so an evolution is a no-go probably.

Something to keep in mind about the otter's recent bad luck is that Mijumaru's losses, most of them, have been because of circumstance. I think we're right for some thinking time here on this, Mijumaru lost to Kotetsu's Sanzandora. What Pokemon wouldn't? It's a Dragon and likely Kotetsu's strongest physically in brute force and it was relatively fresh, in fact Bel herself even said "So....Mijumaru is the fodder Pokemon?" Then we have a few of his other losses against Bel's dad and Pod's Baoppu and those were done because the writers had to show off the strength of both character, the same could be said of Cheren's Haderia. When the plot isn't working against him he's shown to be a somewhat strong member of the team. Given that this episode is called, "Hotachi King! Mijumaru VS. Futachimaru" I'm actually sure he'll get some form of development toward his swordsmanship in some way. Yeah, like I said, it's better they go ahead and have Mijumaru not evolve if he isn't and have the episode confirm it than leaving it open-ended imo. Plus a main cause for concern for quite a few was that Lizardon's presence would overshadow the Isshu Pokemon and render them obsolete, it's good to know that's not the case. I detest the overall bad treatment Mijumaru's gotten lately, this episode actually could be entertaining if it's handled well.

A bit off-topic, has anyone noticed how much Miju-family we've gotten lately? We just saw Futachimaru in the Rescue Corps episode, seems weird to see another one. I'd actually like it if this was Cabernet's Futachimaru, she could pull a Jun/Fukamaru type case and defeat Mijumaru at first with her strongest, Futachimaru to establish herself as a threat as a trainer. Then Mijumaru would train and could back and win.

Last edited:

No one was worried about lizardon stealing mijumaru's time. People were worried about oh you know EVERYONE ELSE since the writers cant go a month without it.

I couldn't care less about Mijumaru, but it looks like we'll be seeing in-character Nyasu. Now that is something I'm looking forward to.

Well this totally isn't going to end badly for Meowth at all.

I couldn't care less about Mijumaru, but it looks like we'll be seeing in-character Nyasu. Now that is something I'm looking forward to.

I personally hope they have Team Rocket fully revert to their old ways for this arc. Seriously, it'd be great.

I personally hope they have Team Rocket fully revert to their old ways for this arc. Seriously, it'd be great.
I'm hoping for the same, and my hopes are a little high because they seemed to be in-character in the movie promo.

I'm gonna be sad if Oshawatt leaves!! He's grown on me!! I hope he just evolves in the episode instead of leaving!

I'm gonna be sad if Oshawatt leaves!! He's grown on me!! I hope he just evolves in the episode instead of leaving!
On a positive note he's still in the Genesect and Mewtwo movie so it looks like he's not leaving possilby, though on a more negative note it seems he's still not gonna evolve :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom