• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3DS XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3DS XL console ...

Earlier today, the official Pokémon Twitter account posted an image teasing at an announcement for Pikachu fans. Since then, images have surfaced online of the limited edition Pikachu themed Nintendo 3DS XL console in North American packaging, with multiple sources stating that it will be released on March 24th 2013.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3D

Will there be a list of "participating" stores? Or is it pretty much every Game Stop, Wal Mart and TRU in North America?

Re: Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3D

Seeing as it's a 'Limited Edition,' I highly doubt it will be available everywhere, which really sucks, especially since the Japanese version of this 3DS sold out in a day if I remember correctly....

I would love to have this sooooooo much......... Any chance that an upcoming contest on here will be giving away one of these? :3

It's cute, I'll admit, but I'm still going to purchase the Cosmic Black 3DS.

Dang. It's so cute.

I want this, but I'm still holding out for that Animal Crossing XL. Bring it over NOA!

Do want! If only I had $200 to spare.

I cannot unsee Pikachu's nipple cameras

Totally going to buy this would most agree you need to get it launch day if you desire it?

I need to get money fast! I definitely want this one.

Well you can pre-order now. I think I am going to wait and skip this one. Still not sure I really want to continue to buy consoles when the only game I end up playing is pokemon.

Can't decide to get it now or hold out for those XY bundles. :/

As soon as I get home from spring break I am driving to gamestop and preordering this!

I wish I could get this. I have the money, but buying another ds now would be pointless. Maybe there will be a bundle some day that I can take advantage of.

Well my gamestop won't let me preorder one, but luckily the guy is going to hold one for me. I'm kind of losing hope for an XL xy bundle at launch so I think this will do

Nintendo.com said:
Nintendo is offering a special bonus for people who buy both a Nintendo 3DS XL system and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Anyone who registers a Nintendo 3DS XL system and either Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon with Club Nintendo between March 21 and April 30 will receive a code to download one of five Nintendo 3DS games for free: Super Mario 3D Land, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, Star Fox 64 3D or Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!
The New Pikachu Nintendo 3DS XL Hand-Held is Electrifying - Nintendo Official Site

There's also an alleged Target ad floating around that claims it'll only be $160 on launch day -- $40 cheaper than normal. While I hope it is legit, I'm not so sure it is because the people at my local Target have no idea about the ad. I showed it to their electronics guy on Sunday (3/17), and he said that Target doesn't release their ads in advance -- let alone two weeks in advance -- and that he's never heard of that happening. He also didn't even have the Pikachu XL in his system yet. The sale ad could be a hoax of some kind, or the people at my local Target could just be daft (which, given their history, may be the case.)

Nintendo.com said:
Nintendo is offering a special bonus for people who buy both a Nintendo 3DS XL system and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Anyone who registers a Nintendo 3DS XL system and either Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon with Club Nintendo between March 21 and April 30 will receive a code to download one of five Nintendo 3DS games for free: Super Mario 3D Land, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, Star Fox 64 3D or Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!
The New Pikachu Nintendo 3DS XL Hand-Held is Electrifying - Nintendo Official Site

There's also an alleged Target ad floating around that claims it'll only be $160 on launch day -- $40 cheaper than normal. While I hope it is legit, I'm not so sure it is because the people at my local Target have no idea about the ad. I showed it to their electronics guy on Sunday (3/17), and he said that Target doesn't release their ads in advance -- let alone two weeks in advance -- and that he's never heard of that happening. He also didn't even have the Pikachu XL in his system yet. The sale ad could be a hoax of some kind, or the people at my local Target could just be daft (which, given their history, may be the case.)

While not circulated as widely as that Target ad, there's also a rumor that Toys 'R Us is selling the Pikachu 3DS XL for ten dollars less (USD 149) than the alleged Target ad. https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/313620110273306624/photo/1

And I've noticed that too. Ever since the announcement of the Pikachu 3DS XL, I've been stalking the four stores selling them and only two of them have them up (Toys 'R Us and GameStop). Which is quite frankly the only reason I've not already pre-ordered mine. Target who may or may not be giving the $40 off is still the only one that offers free shipping (for orders over $75).

While I had no plans on buying another 3DS, I may get this one. This is just too good of a deal (not to mention limited edition) to pass up. Of course, as someone stated earlier there is the hope for XY bundles. Which I would honestly prefer to a neon yellow one.

Does anyone know how long these will be around?

Does anyone know how long these will be around?

They dont usually set a date, just sell them as long as "supplies last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom