• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

The newest movie trailer for Movie 16 has been released. Mewtwo changing into its new form in the anime is shown.

Read more on Bulbanews

I'm really starting to to buy into the new type theory for Sylveon.

Oh and Mewtwo. Still don't like the new form, but it looks better here than in the official art.

Dude, the US youtube clip has the 3D option on it.

As a douter I have to say the picture of the 8 eevees with sylveon in a pink egg shape does kind of suggest a wierd new type. Maybe mewtwos new form is that type too.

Oh and meowth love eyes for sylveon. That all but nails on its going to be a female only evo.

Why have they changed Mewtwo? That's a great shame! Not that the new design look bad, but what's wrong with the original Mewtwo? Not enough that they ruined the old ghost Pokemon from RGB, but they're doing this to Mewtwo? Don't change the old Pokemon, GF! Make new ones!

EDIT: Just realised, when watching the video, how much the artwork has changed since Mewtwo's first appearance. I guess this is because they have different artists for the different movies. This artist make Mewtwo look a bit younger.

Last edited:
As a douter I have to say the picture of the 8 eevees with sylveon in a pink egg shape does kind of suggest a wierd new type. Maybe mewtwos new form is that type too.

Oh and meowth love eyes for sylveon. That all but nails on its going to be a female only evo.

Two things put a hole in that theory.

1. It could just be a female sylveon.

2. Meowth has fallen for a male pokemon thinking it to be female.

That stupid Deerling can't decide where to jump...

I've always been pro on the new form of Mewtwo... But one thing that is really irking me is its voice.
It's too feminine and caring... Something that I would relate more to an Espeon, perhaps.

Mewtwo should still be analytical and deep, even if the decades (no seriously, a decade has passed and Ash is still 10) have made Mewtwo more caring towards humanity.

I've always been pro on the new form of Mewtwo... But one thing that is really irking me is its voice.
It's too feminine and caring... Something that I would relate more to an Espeon, perhaps.

Mewtwo should still be analytical and deep, even if the decades (no seriously, a decade has passed and Ash is still 10) have made Mewtwo more caring towards humanity.

Mewtwo's voice is indeed deep and if I remember right, it also had some alien or metallic echo to it. GF shouldn't make changes to Mewtwo like this. They should make a new Pokemon. What they've done is disrespectful to the earlier part of series.

Couldn't listen very well to the voice in the video, but from the little I heard he sounds younger, and he also looks that way. Mewtwo always looked big and grown and with a deep voice, yes. It makes me wonder how these two can be the same. I find it rather confusing. What is GF trying to tell us with this?

Mewtwo's voice is indeed deep and if I remember right, it also had some alien or metallic echo to it. GF shouldn't make changes to Mewtwo like this. They should make a new Pokemon. What they've done is disrespectful to the earlier part of series.

Couldn't listen very well to the voice in the video, but from the little I heard he sounds younger, and he also looks that way. Mewtwo always looked big and grown and with a deep voice, yes. It makes me wonder how these two can be the same. I find it rather confusing. What is GF trying to tell us with this?

In the trailer Ash seem to recognize it was Mewtwo. I don't know if it could be a hint that it's the same mewtwo or that he already saw that mewtwo earlier in the movie. I was really to live and let die with the forme but the voice bothers me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so used to growing up with the first movie mewtwo.

Dude, the US youtube clip has the 3D option on it.

That's because they're trying too fool everyone into thinking its just commercial-made footage of it changing form, so that no one in America will know that it's actual footage from the Genesect movie.

In the trailer Ash seem to recognize it was Mewtwo. I don't know if it could be a hint that it's the same mewtwo or that he already saw that mewtwo earlier in the movie. I was really to live and let die with the forme but the voice bothers me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so used to growing up with the first movie mewtwo.

I sincerely hope so.
The concept of a second Mewtwo being created by Team Rocket is so incredibly inconsistent (but a new forme is unexplored territory, so is fine IMO)
Surely, the various Mewtwo would have fought each other at the time of their birth, to vie for supremacy. They would have at least been mentioned in the first movie (though a fight between the two different formes would be cool)... Which we never saw.

It has to be the same Mewtwo. If not, I just won't take this movie seriously.

Surely, the various Mewtwo would have fought each other at the time of their birth, to vie for supremacy.

... You are basing this off what, exactly?

Seriously, you all are grasping at straws to insist that there being another Mewtwo would make absolutely no sense.

Surely, the various Mewtwo would have fought each other at the time of their birth, to vie for supremacy.

Seriously, you all are grasping at straws to insist that there being another Mewtwo would make absolutely no sense.

There is no need to devalue some ones opinions because you personally do not agree with them. Unless you have proof that says it is the same mewtwo you should keep a open mind to all possible scenarios. Nintendo has the power to make any thing happen even if it contradicts established facts. No one is safe from the plague that is retconing.

There is no need to devalue some ones opinions because you personally do not agree with them. Unless you have proof that says it is the same mewtwo you should keep a open mind to all possible scenarios. Nintendo has the power to make any thing happen even if it contradicts established facts. No one is safe from the plague that is retconing.

Thank you.

YamiiDenryuu's comment was rash and grossly unnecessary.

With any other Pokemon, including legendaries, I'd agree that there remains the possibility for more than one.
But Mewtwo was manmade. There was only one in the Lab when it exploded. It would make little sense if a second Mewtwo were being harboured in a different lab, far away.

I'm basing the concept of two Mewtwos fighting each other off of Mewtwo's initial actions in the first movie; he tested trainers to find the best "Pokemon Masters"... He wanted to find a match for him, in a sense.
Who else would be a match for him... Than another Mewtwo?

If there existed another Mewtwo, IMO Mewtwo would have searched for the clone to fight or team up with. He wouldn't have just ignored that fact.

Their memories were wiped out in the first movie, so if they recognise Mewtwo it must be from "Mewtwo Lives". In both films Mewtwo looked okay and his voice seemed fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom