• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Tecmo Koei Senior Vice President hints at Pokémon Conquest sequel: Hisashi Koinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Tecmo Koei Senior Vice President hints at Pokémon Conquest sequel: Hisashi Koinuma ...

The new Senior Vice President of Tecmo Koei hints at the possibility of a sequel to the spin-off crossover game "Pokémon Conquest".

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Tecmo Koei Senior Vice President hints at Pokémon Conquest sequel: Hisashi Ko

Not interested, I played Pokemon Conquest, it's not bad but the fighting style and capture style just isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather get news of a better done PMD sequel. The battle system and recruiting system is a pain in the ass, still it has some merits when it comes to the beautiful art style and all that jazz. A more better done story could help too. If the first two aspects could be improved upon, I'd give it another chance.

Last edited:
Re: New Tecmo Koei Senior Vice President hints at Pokémon Conquest sequel: Hisashi Ko

YES PLEASE! Pokémon Conquest is by far the best spin-off of any series I ever played. I even rank it over some games of the main Pokémon series.

I'd definitely be interested in a sequel for Conquest. It was a fun and engaging game that I really enjoyed. It was also pretty refreshing for a spin-off game as most of the handheld spin-off games have just been Mystery Dungeon and Ranger. I like the Mystery Dungeon games and I really like the Ranger series too, but seeing a different kind of spin-off was nice and refreshing, so a sequel would be great. I'd be especially interested in how it would look for the 3DS.

Personally, I hope a sequel improves on the following:
- Adds Nintendo Network online play
- Gets rid of the ridiculousness that deletes your army once you've completed the main story.

Those are the only things I felt the original lacked.

I also want a sequel to Pokémon Conquest. It is my second favourite spin-off Pokémon game (the first is Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs) and I like the fighting style which is similar to Fire Emblem's. The sequel could include armies chosen by you to send to others by StreetPass to battle and it would allow you to recruit one warrior and Pokémon from the teams of people you StreetPass like the Fire Emblem: Awakening StreetPass feature.

Last edited:

I hope there's a sequel. I've been playing Conquest for the last month or so and its really addictive.

For a sequel I think the most important thing is to increase the amount of Pokémon you can get. I think the number in the original is rather low and it did mainly seem to be "take 3/4 Pokémon of each type and include their evos". Certainly not a lot of variety.

Dear lord sir, please have a sequel. Personally it's understandable why the main story is inaccessible in the "post-game", so I'm not overly bummed by that (nor would it bother me if it happened again). Anything that needs improving is ways to grind up links easier, and maybe options with the moves, like how the abilities are switchable. One move per pogey is fine; it's just that the move being set in stone is the issue.

Dear lord sir, please have a sequel. Personally it's understandable why the main story is inaccessible in the "post-game", so I'm not overly bummed by that (nor would it bother me if it happened again). Anything that needs improving is ways to grind up links easier, and maybe options with the moves, like how the abilities are switchable. One move per pogey is fine; it's just that the move being set in stone is the issue.
It's understandable, but I wish I could still have my old army for multiplayer.

The artwork (both in-game and concept art that was released) was really beautiful. I'd love a sequel just to see more art of the world, characters and Pokemon. The game is pretty cool too, I bought it a few weeks back and found it really addictive. I'm kinda peeved the Wi-Fi missions were a timed thing, since I've missed out on those and they seem like they added a fair bit; if they do do a sequel (probably be on 3DS I guess) hopefully any DLC missions aren't timed.

I welcome a sequel with open arms.

I don't think raising the link is too hard, but if the NPC's were more strategic, it could also help.

I'm kinda peeved the Wi-Fi missions were a timed thing, since I've missed out on those and they seem like they added a fair bit;
There are passwords you can use to access the wi-fi events.

For a sequel I would like an upgrade on the number of available Pokémon, not necessarily all 700+ species should be present, but at least... 450 to 500? That would be way better than only 150 Pokémon. A character customization feature and a bigger main game would be great as well. Also, allow the possibility of the MC making 100% links with non-eeveelutions. I had to stay with a 90% link because I didn't want one of those pests as my partner :(

I would prefer to have all-new Mario Musou (Dynasty Warriors: Mario) instead of Pokémon Conquest sequel. Mario Musou suits me because of "Hack and Slash" style. Musou (Dynasty Warriors) series have spawn many variations like Kaizoku Musou (One Piece: Pirate Warriors), Gundam Musou (Dynasty Warriors: Gundam) and Troy Musou (Warriors: Legends of Troy). If this happens, many Mario fans are worried if Mario Musou receive "Z-rating" (restricted to adults) from CERO, but I still hope for Mario Musou instead of Pokémon Conquest sequel.

Cool. This is exciting news for me. I enjoyed Pokemon Conquest very much, so I am certainly looking forward to a sequel. Normally, spin-offs don't get me this pumped up, but this is one side-series that I can recommend even to those who are not fans of Pokemon. If there's ever going to be a Pokemon Conquest sequel in the future, it gives me another Pokemon title that I'll anticipate besides Pokemon X and Y.

I can see room for a sequel to fix on the original. And online play! Definitely!

I enjoyed Pokemon Conquest a lot, though the postgame missions do get a little repetitive . . . .

Comparing Conquest to PMD, Conquest's gameplay is a lot more faithful to main series mechanics than PMD has ever been (Gates to Infinity included) and I think that's part of the reason why. PMD's replacement of type immunities with double-resistances always bothered me....

This is great news. Conquest was probably the most fun of the spinoff games I've played so far, Pokemon actually works really well as a tactical RPG. It'll be interesting to see whether it's a direct sequel using the same Samurai Warriors characters or if they go for a crossover with a different set of characters (like Dynasty Warriors).

I only hope they make the AI better this time around, I didn't really enjoy postgame as it was really difficult getting the opponent to build their army up to the point where they posed a worthy challenge.

I only hope they make the AI better this time around, I didn't really enjoy postgame as it was really difficult getting the opponent to build their army up to the point where they posed a worthy challenge.
Yeah. The AI is at least more aggressive (once an AI starts conquering the others, it doesn't stop until it hits you), but I've defended a number of castles against seemingly hopeless odds simply because I'm able to exploit the terrain or otherwise keep one member out of the fray until the # rounds expires in my favor. Never try to defend Avia without at least one Flying-type with a 4-square range (that isolated island in the corner can ONLY be reached by flying over to it). Similarly, those isolated floating islands in Illusio are great places to camp out at, assuming your opponent doesn't have a move that can hit it from a distance.

. . . Though come to think of it, tricks like that are almost game-breaking for defending those arenas in question.... Other examples of areas where the AI could be better, Terreria's castle arena. The AI never attempts to 'overload' the elevator platforms (have a Pokemon move onto it immediately after it took another to the top; prevents the opponent from taking it unless they can KO it) - all you need is a squad of Flying types, wait for the wind to blow, then grab all three elevators in the same turn, you win, nothing they can do about it.

One area of improvement that would be nice is a more Final Fantasy Tactics style approach to moving/attacking. In Conquest you always move then attack (where in FFT you could do it in either order); you can't, say, attack then move out of the opponent's range during the same turn (jump pads/teleports notwithstanding) to avoid them doing an immediate counter when their turn comes up.

I'd like to have a choice on what Pokemon is my main partner in a sequel. I was okay with starting off with an Eevee, but maybe being able to choose from a couple of different Pokemon would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom