• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Final Fantasy Class Mafia: - 8/6 - Dusk of the Final Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaga

▲ extremely gay
Reaction score
3nTpT.jpg

(best viewed in vBulbagarden! ;P)
In the world of Ivalice, lots of colorful fighting styles exist.
Black mages, red mages, white mages, blue mages, green mages. The colors are endless.
On a hot summer day, a group of diverse friends, all taking different life paths, decided to have some fun.
They had heard of a play by post game called mafia.
They decided that such a game would do good to stifle the lull of summer away.
RULES

1. Screenshots of PMs I've sent you are banned.
-This includes role PMs and check results.
-You may however post screenshots that include quotes (faked or not) by me.
-All other screenshots are allowed.​
2. Name claims are banned.
3. Each phase will last 48 hours.
-Updates at around 10pm eastern time.
-After 12pm voting and actions are closed for that phase.​
4. You may post a single "bah!" post after you've died. Liking posts while you are dead is forbidden.
5. Send me any and all outside communications. A log of relevant Skype chats is preferred over an invite (sagegaga).
6. Bold votes and unvotes.
-Do not edit votes. If you must change your vote, unvote first.
-A tie between votes will result in a no lynch.​
7. Mention me if you change your username.
8. To show that you have read the rules, please summarize the special mechanics of this game.

Special Mechanics
- For every whole day phase a mafia member manages to lurk and survives, they will receive 1 point. These are cumulative and are shared among the mafia.
- Lurking here means not posting in the game's thread.
- The mafia can spend 2 points to perform an extra nightkill. Each additional extra night kill will cost 1 more point than the previous one (2, then 3, 4, 5, etc.)
- Inactive players will not be subbed out for any reason unless they specifically request a sub in thread.
- Should a mafioso be subbed out, the clock for points will be reset. No previously gained points will be lost.

Flavor text will be light and, as you can tell, (in)activity is vital.

Last edited:
Re: Final Fantasy Class Mafia

Let's hope I don't end up getting day 1'd in this game. I'm in.

Please quickly summarize the special mechanics before I let you in.
They are particularly important.

Please quickly summarize the special mechanics before I let you in.
They are particularly important.

Why? This certainly is an interesting way of... admitting someone.

Lurking = not posting in the thread, for this particular game. Players have to request for substitution manually. Each living mafia member contributes a point to the mafia team's points total after every day phase, and extra nightkills are available with a starting cost of 2 points, increasing by 1 after each use. If a mafia member is subbed out, the points clock will be reset.

(To be honest, your stated mechanics are fine as-is.)

Well, it's true that on BMGF many hosts require players to do something or say something in their sign up post. This is to encourage people to read the rules because while mafia games are similar there are some nuances that are different between hosts. Some hosts use a hammer vote, some allow nameclaims, etc.

This game uses a mechanic not usually seen on BMGF, so I thought it best if players summarize said mechanic.

For the record players, a single sentence is fine :p

Re: Final Fantasy Class Mafia - Sign Ups!

If mafia can lurk and survive a day phase, they get a point which are shared among other mafias. For every 2 points, they can get an extra night kill, but it gets expensive over the course of the game. The points get reset if one of them gets subbed out.

So, In, please.

I had actually wanted to make a game with this theme, but now I'm glad to play one! XD more Tactics Advance love is always good!!

When mafia doesn't participate in-thread and doesn't get caught, they get a point which all the mafia shares. These points can be used for an extra nightkill, though the price goes up with each use. Nobody will be subbed out unless they request it, but if mafia gets subbed out the clock reset.

me pls

summary: when a mafia lurks in the thread and isnt dead by the end of the day phase, they get a point. these points can stack up, and the mafia can spend two points for their first additional nightkill; every extra nightkill after that costs more and more points. inactive players won't get subbed. if a mafia player is subbed, the clock resets.

I'd like in.

When the mafia don't participate in thread and don't get caught, the mafia gains a point. Points can then be used for a nightkill, although the price each time goes up after each one is bought. You can request to be subbed out, but no on will be subbed out for inactivity. Once(or if) a mafia player is subbed, the clock resets.

wanting to substitute.

Mafia receives 1 point for every day phase they lurk, which means to not post inthread for the entire phase. Mafia initially spends two points for an extra nightkill. Additional nightkills increase in point value. Substitutes will not be used unless requested. If a mafia subs out, the point clock is reset without any gained points being lost.

I'll join.

Mafia are awarded one point a day if they lurk. They can use these points to get additional night kills, starting with a cost of two points but being costlier after. Inactive players are not subbed out, but if a mafioso subs out, the mafia's point counter resets to zero.

Look who's back? I'll be in on this.

Lurking mafia members get a point if they are not lynched after not posting in the day phase. Mafia can spend their points on extra nightkills, starting at 2 then ascending by one.

oh, what's this. A mafía In which the main mechanic is being inactive?

summary: If a mafía gets to be inactive all day long, he or she will re ieve a point for the faction. At two points, the mafía will be able to buy an extre kill, which each subsequesnt extra kill requiring one more point. No one will be subbed out except if the player asks for it. If a mafía subs out, the point timer resets. No gained points will be lost.

oh, what's this. A mafía In which the main mechanic is being inactive?
Well, I see it more as anti-lurk mechanics, actually. How you guys decide to go about it is up to you.

In please

Mafia get one point for lurking for a whole phase
They can spend two points for an extra night kill one night, and after that it increases the use by one point after each use.
If one gets subbed out then the point system resets, in other words the points spent for night kills resets to two points.
Subbing only happens upon request.

In please.

Basically a mafioso who lurks get a point and they need points for an extra night-kill. This is somewhat an anti-lurk system, because people are not going to lurk, in fear of being accused as a lurking mafia. I wouldn't be surprised if the most active player was a part of the mafia. This is a pretty cool mechanic.

If there's room left, I'm in. If not, I'll sub.

If there's room left, I'm in. If not, I'll sub.
Please read the rules carefully.

Herp derp, sorry.

-Mafia members who lurk without being killed get a point, which is shared with the rest of the mafia.
-Points are used to make extra nightkills.
-No one will be subbed except on request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom