• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Glob

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Global Link ...

The English names of the Pokémon and NPCs that were revealed in CoroCoro have been announced. In addition, information about the new Global Link has been revealed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

Ah, I like how they're continuing the tradition of each professor being named for a tree. I always found it to be funny in a good way. lol

Swirlix is a cute name! I may use this little guy just cause of that.

Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

I noticed that Yveltal's attack "Death Wing" has been changed to "Oblivion Wing", because of the whole "Never say die" thing 4Kids implanted in the franchises brain at an early age.

Also, I'm hoping the Photo Shots will allow the player to take pictures of the player and his whole team like in HG/SS rather than just the trainer alone, because that would disappoint me greatly if it was only the trainer.

Don't forget Geomancy for Geo Control. Sounds a little too much like "necromancy." I'd also assume that death is more associated with Ghosts anyway.

A lot of the leak information turned out to be true what do ya know?

Honestly, Xerneas seems far more interesting at this point than Yveltal imo. A deer fairy that represents life and can use geomancy or a big bird that represents destruction and destroys things with a laser beam? I know which I find more interesting anyway.

Don't forget Geomancy for Geo Control. Sounds a little too much like "necromancy." I'd also assume that death is more associated with Ghosts anyway.

Geomancy is an actual thing and is earth divination. The only part that sounds like necromany is the -mancy suffix, and that just means a form of divination. So necromancy deals with the dead and geomancy deals with the earth.

Why do I have the feeling that the Fairy-type will be both strong and weak against the Dark-type and vice-versa?

AUGH, I wish they had kept the name Death Wing....

Frankly, I'm not surprised Death Wing was remolded to Oblivion Wing. Typical censorship scenario. Still, it fits the bill either way, though Death Wing did sound more powerful. But whattya gonna do?

Anyway, I like all the new English names. They really fit the Mons well, though it'll take a little time to memorize them. Pangoro is really awesome. The big tough guy, yet it plays fair and won't tolerate bullying. Boy, wish I had him around during my middle school years. Maybe save me some problems later on.

Anyway, looking pretty good. Gen VI is really shaping up to beyond expectations.

Seriously, I'm really surprised that it turned out true! That means we might get a psychic cat, a new Mewtwo form and the starters will be Grass/Dark|Fire/Psychic|Water/Fighting

Anyway, I like the new pokemon from yesterday and Swirlix is worth training just for the name.x..x.x Is it based on a dog, I think I read something like that?

they should have named him professor mark ruffalo

The name Oblivion Wing sounds a little less cliche to me versus Death Wing. But that's just me.
And Swirlix is sort of a cute name. :3c

What leak? o3o
All I know of is Mr. XY's leak.

"Sounds a little too much like necromancy" the same way "anybody" sounds a little too much like "nobody" or "somebody".

Necromancy is supposedly a magic where one communicates with the dead for the purpose of divination, with the "mancy" meaning "prophecy or divination" so what we have here is Xerneas literally communicating with the earth.

Who wants to bet Spritzee will turn into a fairy/ghost flamingo plague doctor?

I noticed that Yveltal's attack "Death Wing" has been changed to "Oblivion Wing", because of the whole "Never say die" thing 4Kids implanted in the franchises brain at an early age.

I don't think it was 4Kid's fault that pokemon adapted never say die. They've always had the "never say die" thing in the localization. They started doing the "never say evil" thing after the first gen...but even then I don't think 4Kids had anything to do with that either. I'm pretty sure those two things stem from the fact that once they figured out kids younger than 14 were playing the games they decided to leave stuff like that out.

Also, I'm hoping the Photo Shots will allow the player to take pictures of the player and his whole team like in HG/SS rather than just the trainer alone, because that would disappoint me greatly if it was only the trainer.

So far it looks like just the trainer. Remember, to show the team at the same time they need overworld models for all Pokemon in the series....

Seriously, I'm really surprised that it turned out true! That means we might get a psychic cat, a new Mewtwo form and the starters will be Grass/Dark|Fire/Psychic|Water/Fighting

Anyway, I like the new pokemon from yesterday and Swirlix is worth training just for the name.x..x.x Is it based on a dog, I think I read something like that?

Uh, there is a new Mewtwo forme... Here.

Why do I have the feeling that the Fairy-type will be both strong and weak against the Dark-type and vice-versa?

You mean two types super effective against each other? Remember that in Gen I, both Poison and Bug are super effective against themselves, but from Gen II onwards, this was fixed to avoid irregularities or imbalance in type chart. If Fairy-type could be super effective against Dark-types and vice versa, this could interrupt balance in type chart.

Uh, there is a new Mewtwo forme... Here.
No, the batch of rumors (the ones yet to be disproven) claim there is a second new Mewtwo form, one which has yet to be revealed.

I expected they'd continue naming professors after trees. The rumors about the professor being named Patrice didn't sound right.

Though it seems a lot of the insider's leaks are becoming true so maybe there's still a Professor named Patrice, just not that the one who give you your starter. The squids are Inkay and Malamar like rumored and Pancham's evolution is named Pangoro. Draining Kiss is an actual move. And Professor Platane is Professor Sycamore. I'm thinking Espurr and Meowstick may eventually be confirmed true too. It's strange how many rumors and leaks have been true so far for this generation.

I like alot of the English names. Especially Spirlix and Spritzee!

Geomancy is an actual thing and is earth divination. The only part that sounds like necromany is the -mancy suffix, and that just means a form of divination. So necromancy deals with the dead and geomancy deals with the earth.

I never realized geomancy existed. Thanks to everybody who clarified it for me.

And I also thought "Patrice" was fake info, unless Patrice is the Fennel equivalent this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom