• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW134: Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gogoat!!

I agree with @Eitarou.

And seriously, why didn't Cilan choose Crustle, It's weak against fighting, but could have done more than Pansage.

Helioptile was adorable, even if it barely did anything.

Team rocket must really be feeling the financial crisis. Seriously, paper mache? XD

It's a bit weird how the focus of the episode was on Ash and Iris's Pokemon rather than the new ones, I was expecting Helioptile and Gogoat to be shown off a lot more than they were (which is how it usually is when a brand new Pokemon appears). The Sumo tournament plot was alright but nothing special or memorable, and I still feel the whole Kairyu vs Beartic thing to be dumb when it's not in the context of Iris' rivalry with Langley. Hopefully the next few weeks with Pansy will prove to be more interesting.

I think it was Great good Start to show new Pokemon barely showed them like everyone else said but I liked this episode and it gets a 10/10.

That purple-haired, purple-dressed dude had no neck. Or chin. It kinda melted into his chest.

324_zps494a449c.jpg

And really. His shirt was too small.

386_zpsa1b4ac74.jpg

What a disaster. He had no rights to have visible collar bones.

But this was very adorable!

372_zps6a7e1146.jpg

One thing boggled my mind, though.

Ash.

442_zpsefa8a3b6.jpg

HOW YOU DO THIS?!
That thing supposedly weighs more than you. Pignite's heavier than Hippopotas. Stop it.

Did Ash Win the Tournament, or did Person with No chin and neck win it with Golurk.

I'm a bit disappointed with this episode, too. For an episode focused on Alexa/Gogoat/Helioptile, it was a rather awful way of showing it.

And seriously, why didn't Cilan choose Crustle, It's weak against fighting, but could have done more than Pansage.

Crustle actually takes neutral damage from fighting attacks. Although Rock is weak against Fighting, its other type Bug resists Fighting.
0.5 x 2 = 1.

Not that it matters here, since this was not really a battle but more like a sumo competition, and the writers can make whichever pokemon as strong as they want.

Ash.HOW YOU DO THIS?!
That thing supposedly weighs more than you. Pignite's heavier than Hippopotas. Stop it.

Ash managed to pick up and carry a Larvitar, a species who weighs 36 pounds more than Pignite does in the games, during the original series.

This is just another example of anime physics to add to the record books.

Last edited:
I think it was good anyway and what was Team Rocket's Role I rate just seeing how good they are and i really am Happy when I see the Pictures and then Watch the Episode a few days later.

I just saw the Episode Pictures On Filb.de it was A Good Episode and I really liked it so much.

Last edited:
Meh, this episode was alright. They're probably gonna showcase the Gen VI Pokémon more in the next couple of episodes, at least I hope so. One thing that really bothers me though: Team Rocket. Same role as in the Oshawott festival episode, they didn't need to be there and just entered the tournament with Meowth in a costume just to be blasted off. Their role in the tournament was even worse here, the sumo match hadn't like even started and they were already blasted off.

For all you hungry for continuity references, Satoshi mentioned the Sumo Tournament in Jouto.

I liked how dragonite got screwed on a technicality, reminds me of the dodgeball movie where the guy stepped over the line on the throw.

Damn, there goes my plans for a fanfiction character who runs around with a video camera and has her electric pokemon charge it for use (Ampharos).

For all you hungry for continuity references, Satoshi mentioned the Sumo Tournament in Jouto.

Who even remembers that episode?

Speaking of references, the purple-haired dude reminded me of Morrison from the Hoenn League.

Who even remembers that episode?

I didn't even have a clue Jouto had a Sumo Tournament until I searched it, pretty neat, eh? In DP I remember Raichu's gym battle being referenced as well, probably continuity for continuity sake since Pokemon has a wealth of past things.

That purple-haired, purple-dressed dude had no neck. Or chin. It kinda melted into his chest.

324_zps494a449c.jpg

And really. His shirt was too small.

386_zpsa1b4ac74.jpg

What a disaster. He had no rights to have visible collar bones.

But this was very adorable!

372_zps6a7e1146.jpg

One thing boggled my mind, though.

Ash.

442_zpsefa8a3b6.jpg

HOW YOU DO THIS?!

oh Raven what happened to you?
http://animetrip.net/wallpapers/04/58/Tales-of-Vesperia-Rave-raven_04747.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom