• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available at P

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available at Pokémon ...

During the Sept. 15 episode of Pokémon Smash, there will be an announcement made about an event distribution at Pokémon Centers.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available

I wish they distributed the starters with hidden abilities, as they did in Japan.

Re: Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available

I hope it's coming to the U.S., unless it's something random and useless.

It could just be the same shiny Sinnoh trio that most of the other regions are already getting.

It could just be the same shiny Sinnoh trio that most of the other regions are already getting.

Why did they announce that internationally first, then?
Because other territories are getting it first?

Given that the event's already started in America, it wouldn't make much sense for them not to have announced it yet.

I hope it's coming to the U.S., unless it's something random and useless.

At this rate, probably not, since they're phasing everything Gen 5 related to make room for Gen 6, and with only two months until X/Y is out, it wouldn't be anything significant unless it's something like the Crown Beasts event, and even then, it's unlikely anything like that would happen at this point (especially since the Crown Beasts event was an annoying move by Nintendo in my opinion).

Because other territories are getting it first?

Given that the event's already started in America, it wouldn't make much sense for them not to have announced it yet.

I know that, but why would other territories get it before Japan is what I'm asking.

At this rate, probably not, since they're phasing everything Gen 5 related to make room for Gen 6, and with only two months until X/Y is out, it wouldn't be anything significant unless it's something like the Crown Beasts event, and even then, it's unlikely anything like that would happen at this point (especially since the Crown Beasts event was an annoying move by Nintendo in my opinion).

The same logic applies in Japan, though. We're all getting XY at the same time, remember.

I know that, but why would other territories get it before Japan is what I'm asking.
Perhaps a number of reasons. The timing of the events is intended to encourage people to pre-order the games: "Come to the same store three times! And while you're here, why not pre-order?" Japan doesn't seem to have the same kind of in-store event distribution setup, and given the insane pre-order figures we've seen out of Japan so far, they evidently don't need in-store promotions to encourage them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom