• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon X and Y demo to be featured on Nintendo Experience Tour: Nintendo Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon X and Y demo to be featured on Nintendo Experience Tour: Nintendo Experience Tour to ...

The Nintendo Experience Tour will feature the Pokémon X and Y demo on various dates in the Midwest and Western US at several different Simon Malls.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokémon X and Y demo to be featured on Nintendo Experience Tour: Nintendo Experie

It would be nice if they had some stops on the East Coast like what was done in the past.

Re: Pokémon X and Y demo to be featured on Nintendo Experience Tour: Nintendo Experie

Yes, it's coming to Michigan, and it only an hour away :D

It's coming to my local mall! Hooray! But it's in November and I will already have the game by then! Forget it!

Why are they putting some of the demos after the game comes out? That doesn't make any sense...

Why are they putting some of the demos after the game comes out? That doesn't make any sense...

So that if you like the demo, you can immediately buy the game instead of leaving and forgetting about.

Not actually sure, just a guess.

The same thing was true with the B&W tour in 2011.

I kinda wish that Pokemon was getting a dedicated mall tour like in 2011, but I think this approach is better for the company, at least given this year's releases. I should be able to make it to the event in Milwaukee-I've already been to that area for the Best Buy and GameStop Events (literally, all three are within blocks of each other).

The demo will come to San Francisco, which is close to where I live, although it is a bit of a drive. Unfortunately, it's after the games are released, which makes it pretty much unappealing to me to go. The place would be crowded anyway. I could see if they have any merchandise, like plushes, but it still might be too little for a drive to San Francisco. I would have preferred the demo being downloadable on the eShop instead, if only so that more people could have access to it before the release date. That way, more people are excited about the games.

The demo will come to San Francisco, which is close to where I live, although it is a bit of a drive. Unfortunately, it's after the games are released, which makes it pretty much unappealing to me to go. The place would be crowded anyway. I could see if they have any merchandise, like plushes, but it still might be too little for a drive to San Francisco. I would have preferred the demo being downloadable on the eShop instead, if only so that more people could have access to it before the release date. That way, more people are excited about the games.

While there is some merit to that, I would think in-person demos are much more effective at selling the products, particularly to people who don't already have the system. Having an actual person there means they can help answer questions, direct the player, etc.

Why no love for the East Coast? I'd like to play the demo too, but there's no way I'm driving 1000 miles west to do that.

Even if they did come to where I live, I wouldn't even bother going since it's after the games. I'd rather play the full version than going out to play a demo.

Why no love for the East Coast? I'd like to play the demo too, but there's no way I'm driving 1000 miles west to do that.

It may have been a limitation of how many places they can get to within the time allotted for the tour. The B&W tour had two teams, this appears to have only one.

It may have been a limitation of how many places they can get to within the time allotted for the tour. The B&W tour had two teams, this appears to have only one.

It's still pretty discriminatory and nonsensical. If they wanted to cut certain areas from the tour, why did they choose every city in the most populated region of the country?

So after the first two tour stops, we've found out some unfortunate information

It turns out Pokemon X and Y will only be playable on the tour after October 12. Apparently this is because the tour uses the full games rather than demos.

So after the first two tour stops, we've found out some unfortunate information

It turns out Pokemon X and Y will only be playable on the tour after October 12. Apparently this is because the tour uses the full games rather than demos.
Yeah, I talked about this back when I went to the first one in Ann Arbor. I can't put into words how pissed I was.

But for people going anyways, ask them about it. I asked a rep if any of the systems had X and Y, and told her that's why I came out. They took my name, phone number, and email, so maybe they're giving out some sort of compensation.

Bummer. I may still go to the one in Milwaukee in two weeks, but it's really a shame since there were demos at prior events like PAX and Gamescom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom