• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Series ruling changes applying to English card game: Professor Sycamore revealed f

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
XY Series ruling changes applying to English card game: Professor Sycamore revealed for XY expansion

Pokémon.com has announced ruling changes for the English card game that will be applying Nov. 8, 2013. These changes are the same that were revealed for the Japanese card game late August. Additionally, in order to help explain these rulings, Professor Sycamore was announced for the XY expansion. Professor Sycamore is an Uncommon Supporter card numbered 122/146 with the same effect as Professor Juniper. XY will release Feb. 5, 2014.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: XY Series ruling changes applying to English card game: Professor Sycamore reveal

That ruling about Professor Sycamore and Professor Juniper reminds me of cards in Yu-Gi-Oh that have the same name by effect at all times, such as the Harpie Ladies (the normal monster, Cyber Harpie Lady, and Harpie Lady 1, 2, and 3), and A Legendary Ocean and Umi. Because the YGO cards have the same effective name and the Professors have the same effect, they all fall under what YGO players call the "Harpie rule" (of course, the only difference here is that in YGO, you still get to pick and choose three separate versions of the cards, so you can have the one of each numbered Harpie Lady or any other combination of three of any of them, while you only get one of the Professors but four of him or her).

Re: XY Series ruling changes applying to English card game: Professor Sycamore reveal

That ruling about Professor Sycamore and Professor Juniper reminds me of cards in Yu-Gi-Oh that have the same name by effect at all times, such as the Harpie Ladies (the normal monster, Cyber Harpie Lady, and Harpie Lady 1, 2, and 3), and A Legendary Ocean and Umi. Because the YGO cards have the same effective name and the Professors have the same effect, they all fall under what YGO players call the "Harpie rule" (of course, the only difference here is that in YGO, you still get to pick and choose three separate versions of the cards, so you can have the one of each numbered Harpie Lady or any other combination of three of any of them, while you only get one of the Professors but four of him or her).
Well, the difference is that Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't are about cards that have the same effect, only cards that have the same name. That rule just means that they are considered to have the same name, rather than here where they have different names but are mutually exclusive.

Well, the difference is that Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't are about cards that have the same effect, only cards that have the same name. That rule just means that they are considered to have the same name, rather than here where they have different names but are mutually exclusive.

So I was wrong about that being the only difference, oh well. It happens. The rest of my point still stands that this reminds me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom