• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Bank launches in the Americas: Release comes a day after surprise Europe and

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Bank launches in the Americas: Release comes a day after surprise Europe and ...

Following the surprise release in Europe and Australia, the Pokémon Bank has been made available in the 3DS eShop for American audiences.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Bank launches in the Americas: Release comes a day after surprise Europe

It's about time!

Re: Pokémon Bank launches in the Americas: Release comes a day after surprise Europe

And I thought I would be productive tomorrow... NOPE.

Well, finally! Wow, at least a month and some days since the planned ~worldwide release date. XD And of all areas, the United States is one of the last to receive the service.. >.< It doesn't make much difference to me seeing as I don't even have XY yet :(, but here's hoping that Bulbapedia gets some much needed Generation 6-based updates regarding pre-Generation 5 Pokemon... I still wish that the 30-day free trial and the Celebi was distributed indefinitely (as in, you get them whenever you first sign up for Pokemon Bank in the future), rather than ending on a predetermined date. I intend to get Pokemon Bank, although it'll likely be long after the Celebi distribution and 30-day free trial time frame have completed. :/

Also, is the "redemption date range" for the 30-day trial identical? The Europe/Australia release and the America release both stated "March 14th, 2014" as the ending date; shouldn't the Americas get an extra day? (I'm figuring there are time zone issues that I'm somehow missing... -.-)

My question is after the month trial is up do we have to pay it or can we remove it and never use it again and not pay the $5.00 U.S dollars? Or do we still have to pay it?

Also, is the "redemption date range" for the 30-day trial identical? The Europe/Australia release and the America release both stated "March 14th, 2014" as the ending date; shouldn't the Americas get an extra day? (I'm figuring there are time zone issues that I'm somehow missing... -.-)

March 14 is more than 30 days from now, so there's more than enough time to get it, but yes Europe and AU technically do have 1 extra day it seems

This is me today:
excitedguy.gif

I am so glad to finally have this! There are some design choices I question, but they are small issues that will only be noticable for a day or so while I do what is easily the largest Pokémon importing I'll ever do. The main one being how Transporter will not let you choose which box to transport, as it will ONLY import box 1. Like I said, a tiny thing, but I still wonder why it's like that. No biggie

My question is after the month trial is up do we have to pay it or can we remove it and never use it again and not pay the $5.00 U.S dollars? Or do we still have to pay it?

Nope. After the month trial is up (assuming you've withdrawn all your Pokémon from Bank before that point and have them on your copy of X/Y), you can just not renew the pass and delete the software if you want.
This is based on what I've deducted from how the software actually functions; when you first start the software during the free trial period, it prompts you to "buy" a Pass for $0.00. That Pass is good for thirty days for all of Bank's functionality. When the Pass expires, you can no longer use Bank until you buy another Pass that's good for a year.
They can't actually force you to pay to renew the license (fairly sure that's not just a software thing, but like an actual legal thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom