• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Conquest: North America - Round Four Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Formerly known as the Bulbagarden Conversational Conquest, this is Conquest, a strategy game of tactics and expansionism. In this game, you the player take on the role of a budding empire seeking to overpower and dominate your neighbors, and expand your borders as far as possible. To do this, you must navigate diplomacy, alliances, and war while protecting your land and your interests from the depredations of others.

The setting for this game of Conquest is the North American continent, from Canada to Panama, as well as part of the Caribbean Sea.

Although I am posting this thread, @TheMissingno.; will be serving as Switzerland for this game, being the host and arbitrator, as well as the one who will make all necessary calculations for the game in a neutral manner.

Rules

Setup

The game shall accommodate 7 regular players and 1 host (switzerland)
Each player starts with 3 territories. These territories must be adjacent to each other.

Claiming territories​

A player may claim up to 3 territories per turn
If two players claim the same territory, then they are given the following options:
a) Split the territory into equal parts
b) Negotiate a deal
c) Leave it up to a coin flip. This will be a 50/50 dice roll, where the winner claims the entire territory.

Attacking claimed territories

A player can attack any territory that is held by another player that is adjacent to their territory.

-Each player starts with an equal number of troops (30,000), and gains and equal number of troops (6,000) each turn.
-Troops are divided equally between each province.
-A player may move as many troops to any held province as they want, but must keep a minimum of 3,000 troops on a territory in order to hold it. If the number of troops on the territory falls below this number, then the territory becomes neutral and can be claimed next turn.
-When attacking a territory held by another player: the odds of a successful attack are determined by (# troops in attacking territory)/(#troops in defending territory)
-Successful army should lose ¼ of its troops, unsuccessful army should retreat and lose ⅓ of its troops (subject to change depending on balance)

Alliances

Any kind of alliance, treaty, pact, agreement, etc. will be allowed and encouraged for all players to make. Alliances must be announced in thread, though members of the alliance may communicate with each other in private.

-A player can allocate troops to another player’s territory in order to support an attack or defense. -These troops will be returned to their original territory after the turn with losses calculated accordingly.
-A player cannot use borrowed troops to attack the player that the troops are borrowed from.

Turns

Each turn, players post their moves in thread. They can post as many moves as they want as long as they are not claiming more than 3 territories, and posting is locked when the phase ends, at which time all calculations are made. If a move is posted that contradicts an older move, then the older move is considered null and void.

Each turn will last 48 hours.

Endgame

The game ends when there is only one player left, or all remaining players agree to a draw.

Players

- @Jabberwocky; - French North America (blue)

93456.png

- @Zima; - Zimanite Empire (blue/purple (#6400ff))

ZDl1wTw.png

- @Lord Apex; - Apex Empire (purple)

x1WE2r8.png

- @Stuntology; - North West Company (pink)

93467.gif

- @GastlyGibus; - The United Worker's Empire of Zaela (red)

016dd09ab6f6a7c02bd989696334d775.png

- @Please Understand; - People's Democratic Federal Republic of Not Yugoslavia (green)

YxYbfSK.png

- @Lyrebird; - The Bird Reich (black)

V2a50Ln.png

- @TheMissingno.; - Swiss Confederation

93461.png

The Map (Current)

NAmap9.png

For simplicity's sake, let's call the divisions of Mexico, clockwise from top to bottom: Baja California, Sonora, Coahulia, Yucatan, and Jalisco.

Current Territory List

- French North America: Louisiana, Texas, Cuba, Coahulia, New Mexico, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, East Jalisco, Yucatan, Colorado
- Zimanite Empire: Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesotta, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Arkansas, Wyoming
- Apex Empire: Quebec, New York, Ontario, New England, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland
- North West Company: British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon Territory, Montana, Alaska, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
- The United Worker's Empire of Zaela: Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Delaware Valley, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois
- People's Democratic Federal Republic of Not Yugoslavia: California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Baja California, Arizona, Sonora, Idaho, Hawaii, Washington, West Jalisco
- The Bird Reich: Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Belize, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Jamaica

Current Treaties and Alliances

Military Alliances

The Sherman Pact (French North America - Zimanite Empire)

North West Company - People's Democratic Federal Republic of Not Yugoslavia

North West Company - The United Worker's Empire of Zaela

Mutual Defense Treaties

Non-Aggression Pacts

French North America - Zimanite Empire

North West Company - People's Democratic Federal Republic of Not Yugoslavia

French North America - Bird Reich
Treaties of Protection

Land-Share Agreements

Current Troop Standings

There is room for six more players to sign up for this game; I will be playing as French North America, and claim Louisiana, Texas, and Cuba as my starting territories. My color for cartography purposes will be blue.

Each player will need a name, flag, and representative color for their state. A free site to make your flag can be found here. Additionally, each player must claim their starting territories in their signup post. Starting territories will be granted on the basis of first come, first served.

Good luck to all who join! May the sun never set on your empire!

Last edited:
Re: Conquest: North America - Sign-Ups Open

In, please!

My flag:

ZDl1wTw.png

Name: Zimanite Empire

Color: Blue/Purple (#6400ff)

Claims: Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri

Last edited:

In please!!
I'll take british north america, new york and Greenland please.
Can I use the same flag as last time?

Color: purple

Nme: Apex empire.

Sounds like fun!

Name: North West Company
Colour: Pink
Claim: BC, Alberta, Yukon Territory

I'll edit in a flag.

EDIT: Flag's raised!
ca$nwc.gif

Last edited:

May I join up?

EDIT: Stuff.

Color: Red

Name: The United Worker's Empire of Zaela (Or just the UWEZ)

Claims: Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

Flag:
016dd09ab6f6a7c02bd989696334d775.png

Last edited:

I so shouldn't play this (also someone already claimed New England so I can't play New Europe like I wanted)

I so shouldn't play this (also someone already claimed New England so I can't play New Europe like I wanted)
Plenty of European colonies to go around :p

This interests me. A lot more than it should. Here is my info:

Color: Green
Name: People's Democratic Federal Republic of Not Yugoslavia (but they call me "Not Yugoslavia", or "PDFRNYS"
Claims: California, Nevada, and Oregon
Flag:
YxYbfSK.png

That leaves one free spot open! Any takers?

And you didn't even mention me. You got the info with the flag, so there is no change.

Name - Bird Reich
Colour - Black
Flag - Check in old blog post.
Starting Territories - Alaska, Trinidad & Tobago & Texas

And you didn't even mention me. You got the info with the flag, so there is no change.

Name - Bird Reich
Colour - Black
Flag - Check in old blog post.
Starting Territories - Alaska, Trinidad & Tobago & Texas
Texas has been claimed and Trinidad & Tobago is not on the map.

(will update OP when I get home from tutoring, though)

Fine, switch with Jamaica

Alaska and Jamaica are both unclaimed, but your starting territories must share a border of some kind.

Sign-ups are closed now - as soon as the Bird Reich selects starting territories, we can update the map and begin the first round.
@Lord Apex; My apologies; I misread the map, and I'm going to have to ask you to select a different territory as well, as Greenland does not share a border with your other territories.

Last edited:

Alaska and Jamaica are both unclaimed, but your starting territories must share a border of some kind.

Sign-ups are closed now - as soon as the Bird Reich selects starting territories, we can update the map and begin the first round.

Okay Coahuila, New Mexico and Texas.

Okay Coahuila, New Mexico and Texas.
Coahuila and New Mexico are both fine, but French North America has already claimed Texas.

Re: Conquest: North America - Sign-Ups Closed

Okay this is surely the three. Panama, Costa Rica & Nicaragua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom