• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon.com Updates with New DP Info (Including Prof's name)

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
Pokemon.com's updated with some new info. We get our first look at the blonde rival, and the introduction of...Professor Rowan.

Also looks like Manaphy's Ability is "Hydration" and his exclusive move is..."Heart Swap"...still. There's also the promise of, EVENTUALLY, the release of the Manaphy code for Ranger.

Not much else aside from more Japanese screenshots.

More DP info on Pokemon.com!

There's new info!Including your rival debut and Proffesor's name! Proffesor=Rowan(pun for Rowing?) And more Manaphy information, including it's ability Hydration and exclusive move: Heart Swap.

http://www.pokemon.com/flash.asp

I have never heard the word "rowan" before ever, ever, ever. It's not a tree, is it? :(

Oh, the Manaphy give-away better be availble long after they put up the information, 'cause I'm nowhere near done finished with Ranger. o.o

Rowan - A name for a kind of tree, otherwise called a mountain ash, with bright red berries. It grows in scotland. The tree is said to ward off witches.

That's from urbandictionary.

It is. I believe Nanakamodo roughly translates too it.

Glad we got Rowan, or we may of hot "ROWAN IS BETTERU!".

These are from the July Issue of CoroCoro(like, the same screens), yet are missing the part about Gender Differences, new Dex, and a pic of Buoysel. Guess those will come soon (Serebii mentioned something about atleast 2 new DP names this month..unless he meant Rowan and Twinleaf...or he's lying...

Oh, it's a tree? Yay! ^^

Hey, are the names of Oak, Elm, and Birch translations too?

(And wtf is with Serebii and his "I have DP info nobody else has!!!" stuff lately? :/ )

And there's a thread in the Currente Events forum on this. Merge please? :D

The Rival is out of place, though. He was in the Coro Coro that revealed Dialga and Palkia. Methinks the info stream is altered.

Plus, if you've been in school at least 14 or so years, you'd know that Rowans are trees. ._.

I like "Hydration", too. "Moist Body" was too plain. "Hydration" gives it a "cool" edge, despite meaning basically the same thing.

I was top scorer on my team at state for the forestry team and I'd never heard "Rowan" before.

Maybe common in England, not so in the US.

- Trip

I know what a mountain ash is though, yet by virtue of the Professor (Tree) pattern you can also tell it's a tree.

I wonder how common the word "manzanita" is in England? Hehehe, Prof. Manzanita would be neat for a female if Gamefreak would make it.

Oh, it's a tree? Yay! ^^

Hey, are the names of Oak, Elm, and Birch translations too?

(And wtf is with Serebii and his "I have DP info nobody else has!!!" stuff lately? :/ )

And there's a thread in the Currente Events forum on this. Merge please? :D

Oak is Ōkido, orchid. Elm is Utsugi, deutzia. Birch is Odamaki, Aquilegia. Rowan's the only one whose Japanese and English names are... well, sorta the same. Aside from Oak, which I think is just a shortened Ōkido.

I was top scorer on my team at state for the forestry team and I'd never heard "Rowan" before.

Maybe common in England, not so in the US.

- Trip

I'm from Chicago. ._.

Meh. No big deal.

I can't wait for the people that start yammering about how the "Moist Body" is better than "Hydration", yet they would have been saying the same thing had the names been the other way around.

And Futaba Town's name is, or at least was, there as well. Its English name is Twinleaf Town.

twinleafproofsb7.png

Twinleaf, eh. That's a direct translation. A first when considering starter towns.

Whoa. And "Rowan" is basically a direct translation of the Professor's Japanese name. Maybe they're going to keep a lot of things as close to the Japanese version(s) as possible.

So, I'm assuming that the theme for the town/city names is plants (similar to G/S/C)?

I think that they'll most likely release the Manaphy code late March or early April. Right now it's just too far away from the english release to be releasing that information. Especially with the lack of english data about the games so far.

Twinleaf.

The cool names just keep on coming.

Maybe my pessimism about the English Pokemon names is unfounded, then... Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom