• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenicks

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
2isaziw.jpg

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

To Rule Them All:

Play this game with noble mind,
Behave. Be good sportsmen, don't be pissants, etc. You all know what this looks like.​
And don't by playing try to cheat.
If you break my rules or the integrity of my game, I will modkill you. A warning would be generous.​
Don’t claim whom you've been assigned;
Claiming a role, i.e., "I have nine lives" is allowed. Claiming a character, i.e., "I am Sauron's cat," is forbidden. Claiming details like "I am a Persian" or "I have a tail" is forbidden. Workarounds like "My mason is Sauron's Manx" are forbidden. Don't try "I am Sauron's dog" before saying "But everyone knows Sauron doesn't have a dog". Be sensible.​
My words in private don't repeat.
Don't take screenshots of anything or put anything I say anywhere near quotation marks. Figuring out who doesn't know what shade of purple Town roles has is not clever, or allowed.​
But your secrets I must be told.
PMs, IMs, QuickTopics, and Skype are encouraged. Include me. My Skype is 'nick.murray57'. If you haven't learned to spell my name correctly, the O comes before the E, as in Hoedown.​
(Participation must be clear.)
If you don't do something every two phases (a Day or Night), I will check up to see if your electric bill's been paid. If you need a substitute, please ask.​
Announce new names and vote in bold,
These are nice courtesies.​
And last, when dead, don't post in here.
Or anywhere living players will see you. There is a dead players' lounge if you want juicy gossip. Please don't spoil secrets for anyone I could use as a substitue.​

Details:

Day Phases will last 48 hours. Night Phases will last 24 hours. Updates are at 10 PM EST.
But if enough players request an extension ("Hey, the Mafia Super Godfather-Vigilante-Bulletproof-Roleblocker just claimed, but since he lives in Tajikistan and wasn't online to claim until now, can we have more time to discuss this?"), I may push dates back. I If enough players request a shortened phase, I may do that too. Phases may shrink to 24 hours or Majority Rules as the game shrinks.

To encourage voting, every player will be randomly assigned a vote on Day 1. You may change your vote, but you may not Unvote.
I will post a votecount at the start of Day 1. This is to encourage everyone to vote their best target. If you don't want to lynch anyone, try "Vote: No Lynch". (This host would not advise it.) If this works well, I may continue this throughout the game.

There may be some phases where some or all of you may not send any Private Messages.
If you see nothing forbidding Private Messages, assume you're allowed to send them.

This game contains spoilers for the entire trilogy of The Lord of the Rings,
as there is no flavor text as satisfying as Tolkien himself. If it is news to you that good triumphs over all and that characters, like people, die, you may not want to sign up. However, flavor is entirely optional, and nonessential to playing.

The Mafia are guaranteed nightkills.
Instead of selecting one player to kill, they will send me a kill list of players’ names in order. If their top choice is protected, I will move down the list until an unprotected target is available.

Example Role PM:

Phoenicks, you are Tom Bombadil

Hola_gai_dol%21.jpeg

’Tom Bombadil’ – Artist Unknown

‘Eh, what?’ said Tom sitting up, and his eyes glinting in the gloom. ‘Don’t you know my name yet? That’s the only answer. Tell me, who are you, alone, yourself, and nameless? But you are young and I am old. Eldest, that’s what I am. Mark my words, my friends: Tom was here before the river and the trees; Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn. He made paths before the Big People, and saw the little People arriving. He was here before the Kings and the graves and the Barrow-wights. When the Elves passed westward, Tom was here already, before the seas were bent. He knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless – before the Dark Lord came from the Outside.

-- The Fellowship of the Ring, "In the House of Tom Bombadil"

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.

-- The Fellowship of the Ring, "In the House of Tom Bombadil"

I am Tom Bombadil, the enigma.

Master: I am Master of the Game, and this means:

1. I will not tell Players lies.

2. I will not meddle in the outcome, rig the setup, or sabotage a faction.

3. I will keep the game civil and solve disputes without personal preference.

4. I will be active to enforce the rules.

5. I will assign roles fairly, warn when appropriate, and modkill only when necessary.

I am a Host.

I am allied neither with The Forces of Sauron nor with The Fellowship of the Ring. I win by having fun watching everyone else have fun.

And now you know what to expect.

I invite you to reserve a slot.

All illustrious banners were generously provided by the brilliant, handsome Master Mew.

Last edited:
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- July 26th

Living Players:

2. @Master Mew;
9. @Midorikawa;
19. @Neonsands;
22. @GastlyGibus;

Dead Players:

5. @Soulmaster; -- Elrond and Arwen, Lynched Day 1
10. @Forgotten; -- Gimli and Legolas, Lynched Day 3
21. @GliscorMan; -- Treebeard, Killed Night 1, Died Night 3
20. @Kyriaki; -- Aragorn, Killed Night 3
7. @Mijzelffan; -- The Witch-King, Lynched Day 4
1. @Paperhorse; -- Pippin and Merry, Killed Night 4
12. @Leggo; -- Sauron, Lynched Day 5
4. @jda95; -- Denethor, Killed Night 5
18. @Rabbit; -- Eowyn, Lynched Day 6
14. @Zenax; @Darrman; -- Gandalf, Killed Night 6
11. @UltimateMaximus; @Life; -- Durin's Bane, Lynched Day 7
3. @Parma; @Flipgbh; -- Boromir, Killed Night 7
16. @Mr. Fahrenheit; @Pariah; @Flaze; -- Saruman, Lynched Day 8
17. @Hippowdon; @Momoka; -- Theoden, Killed Night 8
15. @HumanDawn; -- Shelob, Lynched Day 9
8. @CrackFox; -- Galadriel, Killed Night 9
13. @Crystal Onix; -- Sam, Lynched Day 10
6. @Beck; -- Gimli and Legolas, Killed Night 10

Substitutes:

1. @Pariah;
2. @Life;
3. @Flipgbh;
4. @Darrman;
5. @Momoka;
6. @Flaze;

Table of Contents:

Prologue
Chapter 1 -- The Road
Part 2
Day 2 Starts

Last edited:

I like your fancy rules, count me in.

Count me in, Phoenicks! This looks awesome.

The list of details will also throw a wrench into the game, it should be interesting.

I'll join, Pheonicks.

I'll play! I like the twists you've added, particularly the randomly assigned vote. I don't know anything about the theme but I rarely do.

I love The Lord of the Rings, sign me up!

All illustrious banners were generously provided by the brilliant, handsome Master Mew.
And don't you forget it, on both counts. :p

Confirming my reservation.

Confirming my spot!

Confirming slot.

I'll join.

After a year of hyping it up? I can't realistically miss it. In.

*aggressively rereads the rules in case certain requirements were needed*

Cool mechanics! I'm in!

This is most likely the only way to stop Nick pestering me about it so I will join.

My mafia skills are very rusty though.

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- July 26th -- Sign Ups

Count me in~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom