• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon: Indigo League - Complete Collection releasing Oct. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon: Indigo League - Complete Collection releasing Oct. ...

The complete DVD box set for the first English dubbed Pokémon season, Indigo League, will release Oct. 28.

Read more on Bulbanews

I thought English-dubbed episodes already were released on the DVD?

One thing bugs me about this. Last November, they released the first 26 episodes as "Pokémon Indigo League: Volume One" and never released more volumes after. I feel bad for the people who actually bought that volume who will now have to buy this entire set if they want all the episodes from that.

I already have the three volumes from 2008(?) and the orange islands box set. But if they have some new features or if the packaging looks cool, then I'll buy it.

one thing though: THEY BETTER RELEASE JOHTO JOURNEYS AND JOHTO LEAGUE CHAMPIONS in the future [after this and a season 2 release]!!!!!!!!! It is ridiculous how they never had boxsets, and I would LOVE to have access to Pokémon Karaokémon.

I imported the johto seasons from Australia, and those lacked the Karaokemon videos

^ This was months ago, but Viz said on their Facebook page they they haven't "found a way" to release Johto and Hoenn on DVD without losing money. PFFT.

Assuming this is Viz releasing the set, how bogus. They just released three separate boxsets for more than this six years ago. Pokemon gets the crap treatment with them.

I thought English-dubbed episodes already were released on the DVD?
True, they were... But it's the first time they're releasing the episodes in a single box set.

One thing bugs me about this. Last November, they released the first 26 episodes as "Pokémon Indigo League: Volume One" and never released more volumes after. I feel bad for the people who actually bought that volume who will now have to buy this entire set if they want all the episodes from that.

They can still buy these:
Amazon.com: Pokémon: Indigo League - Season One, Part 2
Amazon.com: Pokémon: Indigo League - Season One, Part 3

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
True, they were... But it's the first time they're releasing the episodes in a single box set.

They can still buy these:
Amazon.com: Pokémon: Indigo League - Season One, Part 2
Amazon.com: Pokémon: Indigo League - Season One, Part 3
Aren't those the 2007 releases? I was talking about the 2013 release of Volume One?

Aren't those the 2007 releases? I was talking about the 2013 release of Volume One?
They certainly are, but it's not a bad alternative for someone who really doesn't want to buy the complete collection.
The episode count won't be an issue either, since the 2013 release had first 26 episodes and the 2nd set from 2007 picks up from 27 to 52.

Edit: For whatever reason, Amazon has now changed its price from $38.49 to $46.73 (same as Walmart's).

Last edited:
They certainly are, but it's not a bad alternative for someone who really doesn't want to buy the complete collection.
The episode count won't be an issue either, since the 2013 release had first 26 episodes and the 2nd set from 2007 picks up from 27 to 52.

Edit: For whatever reason, Amazon has now changed its price from $38.49 to $46.73 (same as Walmart's).
That's true, but what was the point of making a 2013 version of Volume One (In case you guys don't know, the DVD cover and layout is different between the 2007 version of Volume One and the 2013 version) if they weren't going to do the same with the other two volumes? It won't match those other two volumes, so if someone wanted the series in volumes, they're much better off getting all three 2007 volumes instead of one 2013 volume and two 2007 volume. And if an entire set was going to be released anyway, the 2013 Volume One was redundant. Plus, I don't even think the 2007 Volume One is OOP, so there was absolutely no point in the 2013 Volume One to even be manufactured. I'm just glad I held off on that volume in the event that a full set would be released, which it will be.

Here's what I'd like to know: will they still have that about scenes being dimmed and slowed down for bright lights :confused:

I apologize if that's a stupid question (and chances are those edits will still be there), but it's been so long you think most people would've moved on by now...

That's true, but what was the point of making a 2013 version of Volume One (In case you guys don't know, the DVD cover and layout is different between the 2007 version of Volume One and the 2013 version) if they weren't going to do the same with the other two volumes? It won't match those other two volumes, so if someone wanted the series in volumes, they're much better off getting all three 2007 volumes instead of one 2013 volume and two 2007 volume. And if an entire set was going to be released anyway, the 2013 Volume One was redundant. Plus, I don't even think the 2007 Volume One is OOP, so there was absolutely no point in the 2013 Volume One to even be manufactured. I'm just glad I held off on that volume in the event that a full set would be released, which it will be.
I guess they heard you :p
Amazon.com: Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League Set 2: Various: Movies & TV
Amazon.com: Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League Set 3: Various: Movies & TV

I guess they heard you :p
Amazon.com: Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League Set 2: Various: Movies & TV
Amazon.com: Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League Set 3: Various: Movies & TV

Go figure! :lol:

Though doesn't a Complete Saga Set kinda make those pointless (and vice-versa) :confused:

Alright, I'm a little confused. What do I buy this October if I want every episode of the Kanto seasons?

Though doesn't a Complete Saga Set kinda make those pointless (and vice-versa) :confused:
Somewhat true. But part 1 was released last year, so it only makes sense that they're releasing the remaining parts as well.

Alright, I'm a little confused. What do I buy this October if I want every episode of the Kanto seasons?

Complete collection:
$46.73 - Amazon.com: Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League - The Comp Coll: Various: Movies & TV
$41.99 - Pokemon Indigo League DVD Complete Collection (D) (Season 1)

Part 1 ($36.01) - Amazon.com: Pokemon Season One: Indigo League Pt.1: Various: Movies & TV
Part 2 ($17.49) - Amazon.com: Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League Set 2: Various: Movies & TV
Part 3 ($17.49) - Amazon.com: Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League Set 3: Various: Movies & TV

Last edited:
Has there been any whisper of a UK release for these? It's great to have them currently available on Netflix, but i'd really love to own a physical copy of the complete first series.

Thanks for the links - it looks like these Region 1 imports through Amazon UK are the most feasible option going then. Fingers crossed that the Complete Collection releasing in October in the US will eventually see a wider release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom