• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Gengar-EX featured in CoroCoro: Dialga-EX, Aegislash-EX also shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mega Gengar-EX featured in CoroCoro: Dialga-EX, Aegislash-EX also shown

The upcoming September 2014 issue of CoroCoro magazine features the first official look at the upcoming expansion, Phantom Gate and its accompanying deck, the Hyper Metal Chain Deck. The feature boasts Gengar-EX and Mega Gengar-EX, and also shows a much smaller preview of Dialga-EX and Aegislash-EX. The expansion will be released in Japan on September 13, and will be released in English as the Phantom Forces expansion in November.

Read more on Bulbanews

At first, Gengar and its Mega looked unimpressive, mainly due to their Energy costs. But then I saw Dimensional Ravine, which looks like an amazing Stadium for Psychic-types. With the Ravine, these two Pokémon look a bit better, though I certainly wouldn't say "Tier 1" good.

It looks good for getting Mewtwo attacking right away, but it does do more damage the more Energy it has on it (and the more Energy on the Defending Pokémon, but I digress). I can only see the Ravine being really good for Mewtwo if you don't have a DCE in hand.

But yeah, the Dimensional Ravine looks like it'll be a lot of fun for Psychics. Remember Energy Gain from back in the days of SP 'mons? That was pretty broken. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom