• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY024: The Undersea Castle! Kuzumo and Dramidoro!!

Re: XY0??: "The Undersea Castle! Kuzumo and Dramidoro!!"

It's pretty interesting that the country this episode was postponed for got to air it first, but I guess it shows there's no reason to be touchy about it anymore. Still pretty weird, though.

By the way, is this the first time an episode has premiered outside of japan?

Wow, I hope we get subs asap. :)

I'm glad this isn't going to be a lost episdode.

Is that a non-Pokemon octopus in one of those screenshots?

A quick Google search tells me that the Korean title of the episode is 해저의 성을 지켜라! 수레기와 드래캄!!

Ok I'm starting to miss this eps now due to the fact that it's been 4-5 months since it was postponed. And has anyone mind comes the question about why they are premiering an episode that shouldn't be aired because of what happened that time and as the bonus is they are showing in their own country where the sunken ferry tragedy occurred.

But on the bright side I can already relieved that it won't gonna be on the banned epsiode group so yeah...hope Japan can show it too in the future.

I've been wondering about the same thing. Why on earth did they air it? The incident isn't officially over.

I can only guess that they were careless. Most pokemon fans I've seen aren't exactly happy about this episode airing.

I've been wondering about the same thing. Why on earth did they air it? The incident isn't officially over.

I can only guess that they were careless. Most pokemon fans I've seen aren't exactly happy about this episode airing.
Agree. And I can guess that this incident won't be over unless someone is responsible for doing this

I wonder if anyone has gotten a hold of the episode and explains what happened in this missing segment.

So, not to be that guy...but are we even sure this episode actually aired and that we're not all just being trolled?

Because here's the thing; the episode supposedly aired a month ago and yet we still don't have any summaries, clear screenshots, videos (either clips or the full episode), or any of the other stuff you'd expect by now. Korean sites don't seem to be talking about this episode much either.

How can we confirm that this episode aired when people say it did?

So, not to be that guy...but are we even sure this episode actually aired and that we're not all just being trolled?

The pictures are part of the episode that were NOT shown in any trailers or previews, so it is most likely that the episode did air.

Because here's the thing; the episode supposedly aired a month ago and yet we still don't have any summaries,

I don't think someone would go all excited and write a whole essay regarding the episode when people are viewing it very negatively.

clear screenshots,

Not clear, but there were pictures taken. By the way, there's a site where two of the pictures are uploaded before they got cropped. I'm not linking it here since it shows the tv set and part of someone's furniture. If you want the link, I'll send it to you privately. It also has the broadcasting channel logo on the corner of the screen pretty clearly, so I don't see how it should be fake.

videos (either clips or the full episode), or any of the other stuff you'd expect by now.

Again, I don't think someone would be stupid enough to upload a video or any clips of an episode featuring a sunken ship and expect people to like them. The cable channel that aired the episode has been criticized heavily by fans. They were shocked, disappointed, angry, and felt betrayed.

Korean sites don't seem to be talking about this episode much either.

It's pretty obvious why people wouldn't be talking about this episode.

1. Not many people saw it in the first place (only one person seemed to have taken pictures). It also aired on a non-mainstream channel.
2. People were negative about the episode airing at all. A cable channel aired an episode featuring a sunken ship - it's enough to make fans angry. I doubt a lively discussion regarding the contents could have taken place. From what I can gather, most fans don't appreciate the airing.

How can we confirm that this episode aired when people say it did?

Because there were people who watched it. Yes, only one person took pictures of it, but there ARE pictures for proof. I still don't know why they aired it, and I don't want to know, but the fact doesn't change the channel was being careless and inconsiderate when they chose to air it.

I have no idea where you're getting this idea that fans are shocked, disappointed, feel betrayed, etc. by the episode's airing. Nothing I've seen online supports that at all. What I have seen, however, is surprise that the episode debuted outside Japan and hope that this means the episode will start coming out in other countries soon. If Korea is fine with dubbing and airing the episode then there's no reason for it to keep its "lost episode" status anywhere else in the world, is there?

Also, screenshots can be faked.

Given the amount of interest in anything related to this episode it seems suspicious that we still know next to nothing about it over a month after it aired.

I have no idea where you're getting this idea that fans are shocked, disappointed, feel betrayed, etc. by the episode's airing. Nothing I've seen online supports that at all. What I have seen, however, is surprise that the episode debuted outside Japan and hope that this means the episode will start coming out in other countries soon. If Korea is fine with dubbing and airing the episode then there's no reason for it to keep its "lost episode" status anywhere else in the world, is there?

Exactly. This thread is the first I'm hearing of anyone being "angry and upset". It's entirely possible that it's true, but I highly doubt it considering everyone's asking when we'll get Japanese and English versions.

Angry and upset that they can't watch the episode perhaps?

I think it would be quite right that the South Korean broadcasters of Pokemon would be the ones to make a judgement call on when the timing would be right to air an episode that was delayed because of events in their country.

One cable channel aired it. The rest of any children's programs/anime channels/etc - they haven't. One cable channel airing it =/= All of Korea is fine with airing it.

Comments from bloggers and comments from followers show disapproval of the episode airing. I'm simply telling you from what I'm reading from the blogs that posted about the episode airing.

Also, screenshots can be faked.

Given the amount of interest in anything related to this episode it seems suspicious that we still know next to nothing about it over a month after it aired.

If you don't want to believe the episode aired or not, okay. I haven't seen it either, and I've been asking around whether the airing was true. But faked or not - the pictures are all there is. There are a few people who said they saw it.

Exactly. This thread is the first I'm hearing of anyone being "angry and upset". It's entirely possible that it's true, but I highly doubt it considering everyone's asking when we'll get Japanese and English versions.

I assume you probably haven't read any Korean blog posts or comments about the episode airing.

Angry and upset that they can't watch the episode perhaps?

No. Upset and disappointed that the episode aired when it's only been 4 months (on the date of the episode airing) since the accident - and the channel decided to air an episode about a sunken ship when 300 people died in a ferry accident that submerged in the ocean. People are still missing, and the accident became a political issue which is on the news almost everyday (recently as well).

Whether the broadcasting channel actually thought it was okay to air or not, I don't know. The fact still doesn't change that they were being careless.

I think it would be quite right that the South Korean broadcasters of Pokemon would be the ones to make a judgement call on when the timing would be right to air an episode that was delayed because of events in their country.

Maybe, but most fans are saying that the channel shouldn't have aired it. At least not when Japan hasn't aired it.

Again, I'm simply posting what I've seen from bloggers and other opinions posted in the comments of the blogs. It only aired once on a cable channel so a lot of people haven't heard about the episode airing, but those who have watched it (and heard about the airing) are expressing disapproval.

Maybe people's opinions might change when it airs a second time (if there is a second time), but for now, the reaction I'm seeing is mostly negative.

Kyriaki said:
Comments from bloggers and comments from followers show disapproval of the episode airing.

Bloggers being upset =/= all of Korea is upset.

The fans who actually take the time to go onto blogs and message boards to comment on children's cartoons represent just a small minority of the actual fandom. The same is true in every country.

If you don't want to believe the episode aired or not, okay. I haven't seen it either, and I've been asking around whether the airing was true. But faked or not - the pictures are all there is. There are a few people who said they saw it.

It's not that I "want to believe that the episode didn't air." I'm just pointing out that the lack of the things we would usually have at this point in time - detailed plot summaries, screenshots, etc. - and saying that that's really, really suspicious.

"There are a few people who said they saw it." Well, yeah. That's how Internet rumors start.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom