• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Company to announce a new project Aug. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
The Pokémon Company to announce a new project Aug. ...

The official Japanese website for Pokémon has announced that a live Niconico stream is scheduled for Aug. 26, stating that a new project is to be announced, which will feature Tsunekazu Ishihara as a special guest.

Read more on Bulbanews

Iris' VA and another VA being present seems to imply this will involve some new anime content... maybe something ORAS-related?

It's pretty obviously a game featuring voice acting, which is a first unless you count the Pokémon cries in some of the games.

I'd have higher expectations if it weren't for the Pokkén Fighters trademark. I could be surprised, but I think that voice acting would be wasted on a fighting game.

The official site has the article in the games category.
Then it is most certainly Pokkén Fighters. *sigh*

And here I was, expecting something interesting.

Haven't heard a lot of stuff on that trash talking Pikachu vs. Pikablu game in a while, have we?
We know a fair bit about it. There is no reason to call it a shocking announcement.

They like to hype things a lot, so who knows. Maybe they'll start calling it the first pokemon game for older teens and adults or something....that could be "shocking".

Either that or Z/the third game(s) will have full voice acting, ORAS will have another B2W2 style trailer, Pokkén Fighters, or none of the above and that Pokemon Crossing wish people were thinking when Game Freak put out that horse racing game has finally come true. Either way it's probably going to be mundane and not as "shocking" as they say. After all it's too early for Gen VII.

Maybe they'll start calling it the first pokemon game for older teens and adults or something....that could be "shocking".
Judging from the time of the announcement (10PM JST), the game is indeed going to be marketed to an older audience. I doubt that a Pikachu game could fit the bill.

Either that or Z/the third game(s) will have full voice acting, ORAS will have another B2W2 style trailer, Pokkén Fighters, or none of the above and that Pokemon Crossing wish people were thinking when Game Freak put out that horse racing game has finally come true. Either way it's probably going to be mundane and not as "shocking" as they say. After all it's too early for Gen VII.
A new generation is hardly the only thing that could be shocking.

I think being in the game section doesn't necessarily rule out the option for some kind of anime material - one that may stick close to a game (like oras)
But I do like the idea of voice acting in the games, I'd love to see that happen in the main games for the important plot scenes

Hoping for Pokémon Conquest 2, expecting Pokken Fighters plagued by amiibo crap :(

Sadly many have got it spot on. Game Freaks lies don't fool us anymore, its just going to be Pokken that is all, nothing amazing or shocking about it :( sigh

Personally hoping for a new instalment to the Stadium or Colo/XD side-series of games, however unlikely they would be. The announcement could honestly be anything at this point, but at least we can be assured that it is a spin-off game. Pokken is probably the most expected turn out amongst the fanbase considering it is well known to have been trademarked in the last year.

The long rumored "Pokken Fighters", it seems. That or else the Games are finally going to have full fledged voice acting (hoo boy! :uhoh:), or another sweet, awesome promotional short.

Though I'm still holding out hope for an Origins-style ORAS mini-series later

Last edited:
The official international Pokemon site has updated with a page dedicated to XY - Furious Fists as well as dubbing this week 'Fighting-Type Week' for Pokemon TV. There's also, notably, a 'Coming Soon' section on this page with a link further down the page similarly phased out for now called 'Fighting Type Face-off!'. I wonder whether this could be related to the upcoming announcement (maybe Pokken!).

No idea why everyone's being so pessimistic about Pokkén being announced. I thought everyone was excited for this game? Anyways, it most likely is Pokkén. I doubt there would be such an emphasis on fighting-types if it was that Detective Pikachu game. LOL So I guess only Pokémon that are fighting type can participate in Pokkén? And do they go by the fighting type from the games or from the cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom