• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NicoNico stream announces Pokkén Tournament: Tekken crossover to be released in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
NicoNico stream announces Pokkén Tournament: Tekken crossover to be released in 2015

Pokkén Tournament has been announced in a special NicoNico livestream.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: NicoNico stream announces Pokkén Tournament: Tekken crossover to be released in 2

Another crossover, huh? Sounds like Pokemon is getting more used to the concept. I've never played the Tekken franchise, but this title makes me a bit more interested in it. Too bad there is no word for an international release, as I would consider giving this one a shot. Besides, having a Pokemon fighting game makes sense and it is a refreshing change of pace.

Re: NicoNico stream announces Pokkén Tournament: Tekken crossover to be released in 2

Well, its such a letdown. I was expecting what they said: 'something big', instead i get a button masher on an arcade machine that is not even worldwide release.

Seriously, I would say if there is anything I like about the damn whole stream, its the Keromatsu hat and probably that Meowstic which used Light Screen in the battle, which is a smart move i would say.

I don't want to comment more or I will be flaming if i go on.

And my friend without an account here wanted me to post this too
This may be the worst crossover ever for me i'd say, a piece of Pokemon in a Tekken game and they had hype it up for a year....wise commercial i say. Too bad i am not one for tekkens.

Last edited:

People need to remember that:
1) The game was trademarked in Europe over a year ago.
2) The Pokémon Company International have posted the trailer on their official YouTube channel.
3) Most fighting games are initially released in Japan as arcade titles, before being ported to consoles.

So it's highly likely that shortly after the Japanese arcade release, it will be released on the Wii U, which will also be released outside of Japan.

Personally, Tekken was the first fighting game series I ever played and I do like it. This game sounds like an interesting crossover. People thought Pokémon Conquest (Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition) was a very odd mix, but it ended up as being one of my favourite spin-off games.

If it has only fighting-types in it I can't guarantee that I'll be remotely interested. I've been complaining about this a lot, but it's a rather big fucking deal when it comes to this game for me. There are barely any fighting-types I care for.

And for a frame of reference as to why Pokken Tournament will see an international release.

Like Pokken Tournament, Pokemon Battrio is also an arcade game. When Battrio was first announced in Japan, The Pokemon Company International (which serves non-Japanese markets) did not post any product-related videos or links on its homepage. Battrio never got released outside Japan.

Pokken Tournament, on the other hand, clearly got announced by The Pokemon Company International on both its website and its YouTube page within minutes after the Japanese announcement. The Pokemon Company International intends to license this product outside of Japan.

Whether this ends up as an arcade game and/or a console title in non-Japanese markets is to be determined.

I just hope they include an interesting roster and it isn't all Fighting-types. I imagine the majority will be Fighting, but some other inclusions would be nice like Wigglytuff (Hyper Voice would be a cool ranged attack), Mawile, Samurott, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Lopunny, Bisharp.

But for Fighting-types, I would love to see: Hawlucha, Pangoro, Chesnaught, Scrafty, Mienshao, Toxicroak, Medicham and Heracross.

People need to remember that:
1) The game was trademarked in Europe over a year ago.
2) The Pokémon Company International have posted the trailer on their official YouTube channel.
3) Most fighting games are initially released in Japan as arcade titles, before being ported to consoles.

So it's highly likely that shortly after the Japanese arcade release, it will be released on the Wii U, which will also be released outside of Japan.

Personally, Tekken was the first fighting game series I ever played and I do like it. This game sounds like an interesting crossover. People thought Pokémon Conquest (Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition) was a very odd mix, but it ended up as being one of my favourite spin-off games.

Indeed. It does bring some hope that it might get an international release. It would be odd spread the announcement to other countries and then not bring it outside Japan. So, while not confirmed for other countries, it is certainly possible.

Oh, and Pokemon Conquest is one of my favorite spin-offs too! :)

Meh. If they release it on the Wii U shortly after the Japanese arcade release (they probably will) I might check it out. No big deal. I didn't expect anything different, really.

It took two years for Tekken 6 to get ported to consoles and one year for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. If by "shortly" you mean a gap of a few months, that is hardly likely.

What I really don't like is how they're trying to claim this is "for older fans"... senseless fighting is "mature"? really?... more like aimed at 6 year olds......
I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, I just don't like the fact that's their view for a "mature" game...

Arcades?...fuck sticks. Hopefully we can get a Wii U release. Kinda sad it was Pokken since it was so obvious.

It took two years for Tekken 6 to get ported to consoles and one year for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. If by "shortly" you mean a gap of a few months, that is hardly likely.
The average time gap between a Tekken game being released at arcades and then ported to consoles is 12 months. Obviously, we don't know what half of 2015 will see Pokkén's release. I doubt it will be early 2015, due to the official Twitter asking for character ideas.

2016 seems like a likely bet to me, although I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo do try and get it pushed out for 2015's holiday season.

Hawlucha plz

Hmmm...can Pokémon from other Types get in on the act if they fit in (or don't) :confused: I know I'd like to see Mewtwo pop up (not to mention all the broken hearted "Mewtwo for Smash Brothers" fans)

Though did they say how the voice acting comes in, or were those VAs just there for fun :confused:

Also...call me a weirdo, but I'd really like if the arcade version was localized to give American arcades a boost. Though that's just me.

I can't say I'm interested in an arcade release at all, I'll wait for the Wii U version.

With the exception of Smash Bros, I hate fighting games. Still, if this was released to the states, I'd get it.

Think Charizard will make it to the roster?

Wait, they're asking for character suggestions?

That's odd, you'd think most of the game would be ready if they're aiming for a next year release.

Seems like it's going to be an smaller project than I thought at first-- which makes sense if it's for arcade. I guess it's "testing" if it's going to have a good audience...

Still odd, last Tekken games had a TON of playable characters, but preassumbly built over a long time. There's no way they can have a sizeable cast if they're asking for characters NOW, and if they're testing the audience the last thing they want to do is rush the gameplay (so fewer but highly polished characters would be the optimal)

Also, where does it specify that it will have only Fighting types? Is there a translation of the first video somewhere?

What I really don't like is how they're trying to claim this is "for older fans"... senseless fighting is "mature"? really?... more like aimed at 6 year olds......
I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, I just don't like the fact that's their view for a "mature" game...
At least that's the way it is here in America. Keep in mind it seems like this is targeted at people in Japan.

I do however conquer with your main point. Game makers think violent sexy games are what us older gamers want but I certainly don't.

Now Atlus is a group that understands what mature is. If a more mature Pokemon game was made they would be the ones I would want makeing it.

Tekken is one of my favourite fighting games but I'm still not so sure about this and I wasn't keen on street fighter x tekken too but hopefully it will be good and it needs a console release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom