• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Beyond to release two additional anime box sets on Nov. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Beyond to release two additional anime box sets on Nov. ...

Beyond Home Entertainment has unveiled that two additional Pokémon anime box sets will be releasing Nov. 19.

Read more on Bulbanews

Hold on a second. "Pokémon the Series: Ruby & Sapphire"? What's this? Is "Pokémon Advanced" being renamed? Did they gave an official dub name for the whole series? So that means "Pokémon the Series: XY" is a name that will be retained during the whole XY series instead of only one quarter of it like the typical dub season? I'm really interested on this more than anything. Of course, it could also just be the name for the box set, but it feels weird to me considering the other one is just called "Season 1 & 2".

Hold on a second. "Pokémon the Series: Ruby & Sapphire"? What's this? Is "Pokémon Advanced" being renamed? Did they gave an official dub name for the whole series? So that means "Pokémon the Series: XY" is a name that will be retained during the whole XY series instead of only one quarter of it like the typical dub season? I'm really interested on this more than anything. Of course, it could also just be the name for the box set, but it feels weird to me considering the other one is just called "Season 1 & 2".
Same name was given to the episodes in a recent release on iTunes. The episodes also have the more specific "Pokémon the Series: Ruby & Sapphire - Advanced" name, while the opening is unedited, so still just says Pokemon Advanced.

I assume that it is designed to help people make the connection between ORAS and the AG series, if they don't get the original Game Boy Advance reference in the title.

I'm pretty sure it simply is a new name referring to the entire Hoenn saga (Advanced, Advanced Challenge, and Advanced Battle collectively). After all, the itunes release still segregates it into its seasons (it says Pokemon the series: ruby and sapphire: season 6)

And I am willing to bet when Beyond inevitably releases a johto one or if we see an itunes release of Johto Journeys, it will say "Pokémon the Series: Gold and Silver". To be honest, I like these names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom