• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY053: Serena's Earnest! The Wild Meecle Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Title: Serena Gets Serious! The Wild Skiddo Race!!
Airs: December 18
img_next141218.jpg

Last edited:
re: XY053: "Serena Gets Serious! The Wild Skiddo Race!!"

Oho, I wonder if this is where Satoshi will capture his next team member?

Skiddo 4 Ash plz! :-D

I really hope Ash catches this Skiddo. I would love to see him with a Gogoat. And he needs another capture (and a Grass type, for that matter, as he tends to catch one early in most series).

Skiddo ranch? Obviously.
Skiddo capture? Mmmmm....I don't know. It would be pretty weird to have 3 captures (asuming Luxio is captured) and one evolution in 7 episodes.

Through I'd always take a capture over a predictable filler about saving the ranch from Team Rocket. There might be a third option, with Pokemon Racing being revisited.

It seems that this episode will take place at Baa de Mer Ranch.

I think it's Ramos!

I'm hoping this is the episode where we'll be visiting that adorable little Skiddo ranch. It feels very likely that we will be seeing that ranch since we are on the way to Coumarine City and it is on the way. There's a large part of me as well that Ash ends up catching a Skiddo here. It would be a cute addition to his team.

Re: XY053: Serena Gets Serious! The Wild Skiddo Race!!

Wait, does that say "race" there? Is Serena getting into racing now? I thought she pretty much denied this goal and just found her dream to be a Pokémon Performer?
I guess she can still occassionally do racing on the side but I find it weird after the development so far...
EDIT: ok now that the translated title is up... it's indeed racing again, now with Skiddo. we'll see where they go with that...

Last edited:

I'd like it if she pursued both goals. Neither one of them requires much development, so why not?

I can't hold my laugh on this. But seriously though, our Serena is really confusing when it comes into her main goal. Her multi-talent skills are way outnumbering the other girls from the previous generations and by looking at this it's definitely not going to easy to predict at all.

And actually what I find it suprising about this episode was:
1.I never expect Serena can ride a Skiddo, and
2.I never thought the Rhyhorn was just one of the pokemon racing from the Kalos region.

Yeah, I put my hopes high on the Pokemon Conte....I mean Perfomer but it doesn't that I'm sceptical about Serena racing skill at all.

But one things for sure is who's the opponent of this episode?

So nobody gets Skiddo it seems... well it's nice Serena will pursue more than 1 goal. :)

Title: Serena Gets Serious! The Wild Skiddo Race!!
Airs: December 18
img_next141218.jpg

I know there is already an episode thread, but others have created copied threads for no reason before and now we have a title.

Unless hypothetically Ash has a nice interaction with Skiddo here, I'm pretty sure since Serena will have a serious interaction with Skiddo, I can't see why Ash would catch Skiddo.

I don't remember any instance where ONE main character heavily interacted with a species of Pokemon only for later in the same series someone else on the main cast catches it.

Nobody is catching a Skiddo here, at least not based on the spoilers we already have. I'm still positive we'll get a Skiddo capture during the Skiddo Ranch episode but not now.

What if the award/prize for winning the race is a pokémon egg? I'd like that scenario, maybe Serena gets a Treecko or whatever.

Nobody is catching a Skiddo here, at least not based on the spoilers we already have. I'm still positive we'll get a Skiddo capture during the Skiddo Ranch episode but not now.

I didn't mean a capture in THIS episode, I meant in the future, about how Skiddo can no longer be a legitimate viable choice for Ash because of Serena's role here, implying that Serena has a likelier chance of getting Skiddo in the future than Ash.

I mean it's still possible but wouldn't make sense for Ash to get Skiddo at this point.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for Serena to win an egg in this race. It does sound like an interesting episode now, but I'm hoping that she wins something like a Treecko egg, otherwise this episode will feel redundant now since Serena's goal isn't racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom