• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY058: Hiyoku Gym Battle! Gekogashira VS Gogoat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: Coumarine Gym Match! Frogadier VS Gogoat!!
Airs: January 29th.
Tv2VOym.jpg
7KiHPXS.jpg

Could someone please translate these? @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆; @G50;

Here is a placeholder translation of the summaries.

A battle against veteran gym leader Ramos! Will Ash get his 4th badge!?

Challenging the Coumarine Gym! Defeat Gogoat in a hyper speed battle!!

A battle in the Coumarine Gym, where Grass type Pokemon gather! His opponent uses the power of the Ability "Chlorophyll" to raise his Pokémon's speed before attacking! Ash makes use of Frogadier's speediness to return fire!!

Frogadier uses "Double Team" to immediately get up close!
Using its signature move "Double Team", Frogadier evades the attacks and looks for its chance!!

Super speedy "Vine Whips" approach!!
Frogadier is unable to avoid the speedy whips that come one after another!?

Gogoat:
A formidable opponent that can both heal itself and deliver powerful attacks!

Ramos:
The Gym Leader of Coumarine Gym. He also has a Jumpluff and a Weepinbell as his partners.

Last edited:
This is about seven episodes sooner than I was expecting. I wonder if Series Director Yajima Tetsuo and Head Writer Tomioka Atsuhiro have been informed of when Generation VII is coming?

This is about seven episodes sooner than I was expecting. I wonder if Series Director Yajima Tetsuo and Head Writer Tomioka Atsuhiro have been informed of when Generation VII is coming?
Actually no it makes quite a lot of sense as in the games Shalour to Coumarine is the shortest length.

Got this off Serebii. Seems Ash's Frogadier learns Double Team after evolving.

Challenging the Coumarine Gym! Defeat Gogoat in a hyper speed battle!!

A battle in the Coumarine Gym, where Grass type Pokemon gather! His opponent uses the power of the Ability "Chlorophyll" to raise his Pokémon's speed before attacking! Ash makes use of Frogadier's speediness to return fire!!

Frogadier uses "Double Team" to immediately get up close!
Using its signature move "Double Team", Frogadier evades the attacks and looks for its chance!!

Super speedy "Vine Whips" approach!!
Frogadier is unable to avoid the speedy whips that come one after another!?

Gogoat:
A formidable opponent that can both heal itself and deliver powerful attacks!

Ramos:
The Gym Leader of Coumarine Gym. He also has a Jumpluff and a Weepinbell as his partners.

Last edited:
I'm really glad Ramos will be using Jumpluff, we didn't get to see it too much in the anime. (Weepinbell is quite rarely seen too, I think)

Frogadier Learns Aerial Ace after evolving actually. So it will be a pretty cool match up against Gogoat, which it obviously wins.

Team should be Frogadier, Fletchinder and Hawlucha with any luck. Apparently Goomy is quite weak so I can't see it being used here.

I hope Fletchinder gets some good action here. I expected it to be the star of this gym but seems like they oddly chose Frogadier.

Fletchinder getting to fight 4 gyms in a row, I don't think a bird has got such a good treatment so far, even if Fletchinder doesn't star any gym, it'll probably be a powerhouse like Swellow and Staraptor by the end of the Kalos saga (obv a Talonflame).

Actually no it makes quite a lot of sense as in the games Shalour to Coumarine is the shortest length.

That doesn't mean the distance between gym episodes in the animated series needs to be short, especially if nobody knows when the series has to end.

Why are you always writing their names in the wrong order? It's Tetsuo Yajima and Atsuhiro Tomioka...

Slightly worried about the length of the battle due to this (probably) only being Ramos' only episode. I fear it might take half the episode just to introduce him, and then we have a rushed short-ass battle in front of us. Given XY's previous record of battles being shortened a lot, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Really excited for another gym match! I'm glad that Frogadier seems to be staring...After Pikachu stole the spotlight for 3 gyms <_< But I'm hoping this will be an exciting match and I really hope Ash plans on using Fletchinder with that 4X type advantage.

Why are you always writing their names in the wrong order? It's Tetsuo Yajima and Atsuhiro Tomioka...

Slightly worried about the length of the battle due to this (probably) only being Ramos' only episode. I fear it might take half the episode just to introduce him, and then we have a rushed short-ass battle in front of us. Given XY's previous record of battles being shortened a lot, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Their names are written in Eastern order. If they were written in Western order I would write them in Western order. It makes as much sense as referring to the foreigners that work on the series in the order they are credited, after all.

The battle will probably be shorter than Episode #44 so as to save drawings. Episode #44 practically had the entire episode thanks to Lucario being popular. I suspect this episode won't have as many drawings so that the other important surrounding episodes won't need to lose cels as a result.

I'm excited for this gym battle. I'm glad someone aside from Pikachu is starring, though I hoped it would have been Fletchinder. Hopefully he'll be used and get a win at least. I also hope Hawlucha is used here as well.

I figure Ramos will be using Weepinbell along with Gogoat and Jumpluff. We know Ash is using Frogadier and he'll be a complete moron if he doesn't use Fletchinder. Who will be his 3rd Pokemon though? Hawlucha or Goomy? Goomy is very new though at this point.

I figure Ramos will be using Weepinbell along with Gogoat and Jumpluff. We know Ash is using Frogadier and he'll be a complete moron if he doesn't use Fletchinder. Who will be his 3rd Pokemon though? Hawlucha or Goomy? Goomy is very new though at this point.

And is supposed to be super weak too. So my money is on Hawlucha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom