• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY055: The Weakest Dragon!? Numera Appears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: The Weakest Dragon Ever! Enter Goomy!!
Airs: January 8th.
7KiHPXS.jpg

Could someone please translate this? @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆; @G50;

Here is a placeholder translation of the summaries.

Team Rocket end up abducting a Goomy alongside Pikachu!

The weakest among all Dragon types!? A Goomy joins Ash!?

Suddenly a Goomy appears before Ash! It's said to be the weakest of all Dragon Types, but...

A Goomy comes falling from the sky!!
Suddenly, a Goomy falls down from the sky right in front of Ash! It appears to be extremely weak, but...

Goomy:
It has a gooey and extremely soft body.

Is it really a Dragon type!?

When it gets water on it, it gets somewhat perky!
Its body absorbs water, which causes it to regain its stamina!

Goomy is so weak it's even scared of Dedenne!!
Goomy is deathly afraid of Dedenne, the Pokémon Bonnie carries with her! What can the reason be...?

What nasty memories does Goomy carry with it...!?

It actually wants to become strong!?
The truth is, Goomy actually wants to grow stronger. Ash understands how it feels, and...

"So... Do you want to travel with me?"

Last edited:
That Goomy looks hilarious. Presumably Dedenne as the token Fairy type is what explains the title, against the weakness to Fairy a Goomy would probably flip out and appear weak.

Why isn't a Goomy hat an option in the games?

I'd say I'm looking forward to it, but by the time it's January I'll probably have forgotten about the episode.

Got this off Serebii. Seems Goomy is a coward.

The weakest among all Dragon types!? A Goomy joins Ash!?

Suddenly a Goomy appears before Ash! It's said to be the weakest of all Dragon Types, but...

A Goomy comes falling from the sky!!
Suddenly, a Goomy falls down from the sky right in front of Ash! It appears to be extremely weak, but...

Goomy:
It has a gooey and extremely soft body.

Is it really a Dragon type!?

When it gets water on it, it gets somewhat perky!
Its body absorbs water, which causes it to regain its stamina!

Goomy is so weak it's even scared of Dedenne!!
Goomy is deathly afraid of Dedenne, the Pokémon Bonnie carries with her! What can the reason be...?

What nasty memories does Goomy carry with it...!?

It actually wants to become strong!?
The truth is, Goomy actually wants to grow stronger. Ash understands how it feels, and...

"So... Do you want to travel with me?"

Goomy :-D cute and cool and aww it wants to grow stronger, I didn't like the idea of Ash getting Goomy at first but now I'm on board, go Goomy!

Goomy for Ash pretty much confirmed. It seems to have some nice personality/expressions so that's good. Ash's team is shaping up really nicely!

It's confirmed, as if it wasn't obvious before. Looking forward to this little guy. His ability might be Hydration judging by those summaries. But it could also just be it liking wet places to stop it from drying out.

Can't wait for it to join the gang.

Well yeah I think it's Officially Confirmed now that Goomy is being Captured and I'm Cool with that :) LOVE its Personality based on these Summaries. And based on the short Clip of Goomy we got a whole back can't wait for this, #Ash gets Body Slammed In The Face by a Goomy!

I hope Goomy will evolve unlike Gible.

I am pretty sure it will. It wanted to be stronger and that should mean that it evolves as Goomy as a species dont seem to be that strong. It might have somekind of Gliscor storyline and being cowardly as a Goomy and then evolving and becoming braver.

It's confirmed to fully evolve to Goodra
It's good. Although I truly dislike Sliggoo's and Goodra's designs absolutely, it's been a while since Ash raised a powerhouse. (I know Krookodile isn't bad but Ash hadn't raised him from nothing.)

I have some expectations;
- Will they address the Gooey ability from the first? Or ever at any point?
- Will it know Bide? It's a perfect move for a coward yet stubborn Pokemon.
- I wonder they'll use the rain thing for evolving into Goodra.

I have some expectations;
- Will they address the Gooey ability from the first? Or ever at any point?
- Will it know Bide? It's a perfect move for a coward yet stubborn Pokemon.
- I wonder they'll use the rain thing for evolving into Goodra.

Judging from the summaries, Goomy may have the ability Hydration, which would be awesome IMO. Also I'm pretty sure they will use rain to evolve it fast. It would explain how a relatively weak pokemon fully evolves into a slimy pseudo beast before either Frogadier or even Fletchinder evolve.

Krookodile slays, didn't lose a battle after evolving. Though I get your point. Would have been cooler if Ash caught it as a Sandile way back at the beginning.

It's been a while since Ash got a Dragon type Pokemon. Now that's five Pokemon in his team, I'm curious to know what the sixth will be.

Wow, they're really taking Ash's team seriously. They haven't been this serious since DP, and this team may actually trounce his Sinnoh team in terms of sheer awesomeness alone. While I don't care much for Goodra, seeing Ash with a fully-evolved pseudo-legendary would be awesome (though I would've prefered Garchomp). And, seeing how much personality they're already giving Goomy, and the episode hasn't even aired yet, I must admit I'm really looking forward to that little goo ball dragon.

Now, the question is; what will Ash's final teammate be? Knowing his general patterns (which was at least partly be broken this time around), a Grass-type would be in order. If so, then what Grass Pokemon will take the final slot? Will it even BE a Grass-type this time around, especially since Clemont caught (okay, obtained is a better word) the Grass starter for this region already, which is usually Ash's staple catch. And another question: how will they display Sluggo's evolution in the anime? It's been pretty well confirmed that Ash get Goodra, so will Sluggo just spontaneously evolve when a rainstorm sudden appears? Or will they go a different path? Guess we'll just have to say tuned to see what happens next.

I'm so excited for Ash to get a Goomy. His team might actually have a chance this time!

And the fact that there is a Goodra standing behind Ash on the leaked script cover and Cake picture along with all the other spoiled pokemon.

Seriously, this team could outclass the Sinnoh bunch
What leaked Pokemon??

I'm so excited for Ash to get a Goomy. His team might actually have a chance this time!

And the fact that there is a Goodra standing behind Ash on the leaked script cover and Cake picture along with all the other spoiled pokemon.

Seriously, this team could outclass the Sinnoh bunch
What leaked Pokemon??

Frogadier, Braixen and Luxray can all be seen on the leaked script cover and cake photo. Check out the Capture/Evolution thread. And Goodra is standing behind Ash, so it's confirmed to fully evolve

Impressed. I like the fact that Ash is gonna catch it. So far every prediction of Ash's team pokemon that i had has been true :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom