• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hidden Ability Serperior's download code announced on Get☆TV: Download code is POKEMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Hidden Ability Serperior's download code announced on Get☆TV: Download code is POKEMON497, ...

The latest episode of Pokémon Get☆TV announced the serial code for the first of three distributions in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire featuring the fully-evolved Unova starters, a level 50 Serperior with its Hidden Ability, Contrary. The download code for this Serperior is POKEMON497, which is multi-use and will be redeemable between January 9th and November 30th of next year.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Hidden Ability Serperior's download code announced on Get☆TV: Download code is PO

Is the code redeemable only for Japanese players or can anyone put it in? I'd like to get one without having to wait for mass bred ones to flood the trade stations.

Re: Hidden Ability Serperior's download code announced on Get☆TV: Download code is PO

Please let it be usable for everyone. (slim chance, but still hopeful)

Hopefully, The Pokémon Company International release NTSC and PAL codes as a New Years gift or something =3.

I'm betting that since the code for Serperior is POKEMON497, the codes for Emboar and Samurott will be POKEMON500 and POKEMON503, respectively. Why do I think that, you ask? Simple. Serperior's National Pokedex number is 497, Emboar's is 500, and Samurott's is 503.

Is the code redeemable only for Japanese players or can anyone put it in? I'd like to get one without having to wait for mass bred ones to flood the trade stations.

Only if you have a Japanese version of either game, as far as I know.

Last edited:

It hasn't been officially stated yet, but going by past serial code distributions, probably only Japanese games. On the other hand, they usually specify that it only works on Japanese games, so maybe not.

P

It hasn't been officially stated yet, but going by past serial code distributions, probably only Japanese games. On the other hand, they usually specify that it only works on Japanese games, so maybe not.

I'm hoping that whoever handles these distributions in Japan is gonna be like, "Hey, this is for Japanese games, but we forgot to prgram it were it would only work for them WINK."

P

I'm hoping that whoever handles these distributions in Japan is gonna be like, "Hey, this is for Japanese games, but we forgot to prgram it were it would only work for them WINK."

Usually you can tell from the codes, but because this is essentially a passcode rather than a serial code, the rules don't apply.

P

Usually you can tell from the codes, but because this is essentially a passcode rather than a serial code, the rules don't apply.

I guess we'll just have to see then. Not that exciting of a distribution anyways, I have all three of the Unova starters at my disposal, but that wouldn't stop me from getting them.

P

I guess we'll just have to see then. Not that exciting of a distribution anyways, I have all three of the Unova starters at my disposal, but that wouldn't stop me from getting them.

The only reason you'd want them is for their Hidden Abilities, which these distributions will have. I mean, I'm pretty sure Contrary Superior is impossible to get, unless you hack.

P

The only reason you'd want them is for their Hidden Abilities, which these distributions will have. I mean, I'm pretty sure Contrary Superior is impossible to get, unless you hack.

I think you're right. I also noticed that they also know the move Hold Back, which they seem to put on a lot of the distribution Poke's since Gen VI began.

Now that the Contrary Serperior code is suppose to be redeemable, I decided to give it a try with my North American game. After it verified the code, it said "The gift was not there..." So it seems to work for only the Japanese versions unless someone with the European version tries it as well.

Right now the only chance we have to get it is if they breed them then send them out on gts and wonder trade. Only problem with that though is only female serperior can breed the hidden ability into the egg, and serperior is male about 88% of the time and female about 12%. Then on serebii they list it as only being distributed as male, I don't know how accurate that is though. If they do only distribute males then no breeding the ability and there will be a very limited number of them out there.

Right now the only chance we have to get it is if they breed them then send them out on gts and wonder trade. Only problem with that though is only female serperior can breed the hidden ability into the egg, and serperior is male about 88% of the time and female about 12%. Then on serebii they list it as only being distributed as male, I don't know how accurate that is though. If they do only distribute males then no breeding the ability and there will be a very limited number of them out there.

Incorrect there WILL BE a ton of them available because males can pass down hidden abilities when bred with Ditto.

Now that the Contrary Serperior code is suppose to be redeemable, I decided to give it a try with my North American game. After it verified the code, it said "The gift was not there..." So it seems to work for only the Japanese versions unless someone with the European version tries it as well.

Confirmed as of 1/10/15 code does not work in NTSC-coded games. Nintendo showing preferential marketing once again.

Confirmed as of 1/10/15 code does not work in NTSC-coded games. Nintendo showing preferential marketing once again.

As of now it works...

UK game, I just got it after seeing a post on Reddit. They don't know who the code is supposed to be for either.

Female, level 50, Cherish Ball and has Hold Back. I'll start using her once my Absol gets to lvl100 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom