• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP021 (March 1) title revealed

What is this, some long lost leftover plotline from Hoenn that they never got around to doing?

Where are the new Pokemon, writers?

Last edited:
I sense filler left over from an episode where they wanted to focus on Milotic outside of a contest.

3/4 years. 107 new Pokemon, the majority of which are just evolutions of older Pokemon.

Seriously, people whining about "NU POKEMON, WHAR ARE DEY" need to realise the reality of what the anime has to do with them. We can't expect a new Pokemon showcased every single week, if they did that we'd be done about two years early and then everyone would only be complaining that we'd be getting a solid two years worth of fillers with ONLY old Pokemon.

A plotline with both Magikarp/Feebas and their evolutions should be really interesting too - and Milotic has never really been included in the anime outside of a battling opponent - should be fun to see.

3/4 years. 107 new Pokemon, the majority of which are just evolutions of older Pokemon.

Seriously, people whining about "NU POKEMON, WHAR ARE DEY" need to realise the reality of what the anime has to do with them. We can't expect a new Pokemon showcased every single week, if they did that we'd be done about two years early and then everyone would only be complaining that we'd be getting a solid two years worth of fillers with ONLY old Pokemon.

Uh, when AG started we had one new Pokemon appear in just about every single episode. Sometimes two new debuts in the same episode. Sure, there may be less D/P Pokes to debut now than the R/S ones, but its no excuse.

People are watching the new series to see new Pokemon, not Magikarp for the billionth time and a Feebas, (and if they evolve, both Gyarados and Milotic had a bunch of appearances as well)

In any case, it seems like the D/P fillers have finally begun. I knew after the Gym arc ended we'd go into filler land for a while, I was just hoping the fillers would be used to showcase new Pokemon, rather than old ones.

AG episodes up to 18 that had the first appearance of a Gen III Pokémon: 15/18
DP episodes up to 18 that had the first appearance of a a Gen IV Pokémon*: 8/18

*Not including Usohachi and Manene. This includes the Buoysel in the contest episode, even though it technically wasn't a debut. Some of the Gen IV Pokémon were not featured, but were only seen in passing.

Oh man, wouldn't it be great if we got an episode where Magikarp man is the Characer of the Day?! : D

Oh man, wouldn't it be great if we got an episode where Magikarp man is the Characer of the Day?! : D

He was the main character of the day in the Spoink episode in Hoenn.

As well as the episode where James got Chimecho.

I hope this turns out to be a funny magikarp-man episode...but I fear a "huntail gorebyss episode" with two children who try to evolve their pokemon...

nya,...let´s be optimistic

Magikarp Man! Yes!!

I don't really see what's so bad about it, NO NEW POKEMON OH NO. It's not like they're actually new pokemon to people, everybody here has seen every new pokemon most likely . . so, what? You want to see the pokemon in action? I'm actually kind of bummed it's not a contest episode. I want Hikari to meet a new rival. Or just compete again. : /

I don't really see what's so bad about it, NO NEW POKEMON OH NO. It's not like they're actually new pokemon to people, everybody here has seen every new pokemon most likely . . so, what? You want to see the pokemon in action?

Uh, that's exactly what the anime is for. To show the new Pokemon in action, not Pokemon we've seen countless times before.

The writers spread out the debuts like this back in Johto which is what killed interest in the series, and they fixed that in AG by debuting a new Pokemon in almost every episode. I have no idea why with D/P they're going back to the "don't show any new Pokemon!" mode.

I'm actually kind of bummed it's not a contest episode. I want Hikari to meet a new rival. Or just compete again. : /

This isn't Battle Frontier, where the Contests were only 4-5 episodes apart.

Back in Hoenn the Contests had like 15 episode gaps, it'll most likely be the same thing here in Shinou.

Oh, that's a new reason for Johto sucking. But it's also bull. For the first eighteen episodes, these were the debuts focussed on:

1: Totodile/Cyndaquil
2: Chikorita
3: Heracross
4: Donphan
5: Hoot-Hoot
6: Bellossom
7: Spinarak
8: Snubble
9: Stantler
10: -
11: Quagsire
12: Ledyba
13: Blissey
14: -
15: -
16: -
17: Sentret
18: -

(10 was the Chikorita capture episode. 14 and 15 were the Violet City episodes. 16 focussed on Marril, which had already been in a number of Orange Islands episodes. 18 was the Charizard departure episode.)

That's 13/18, two below AG and only because of the non-filler towards the end of the selection.

And yes, I would like to see some of my new favourites animated.

Last edited:
Scott85 said:
Uh, that's exactly what the anime is for. To show the new Pokemon in action, not Pokemon we've seen countless times before.

Seriously. I mean, I can't think of a single pokemon that's more over-showcased in the anime than Feebas. :rolleyes:

I have no idea why with D/P they're going back to the "don't show any new Pokemon!" mode.

The anime producers have probably learned from their mistakes in the Battle Frontier and are trying to pace things out a lot more. It's no big deal.

The anime producers have probably learned from their mistakes in the Battle Frontier and are trying to pace things out a lot more. It's no big deal.

Assuming Shinou will be at least three years like Hoenn and Johto were, that's more than enough time to showcase all the new Pokemon. Why should it take them 200 episodes to showcase only 107 more Pokemon or whatever it is? And a lot of the new Pokes are legendaries, so take them out because they'll get movie debuts, leaving even less Pokemon to show.

Besides, I'd rather Shinou not be as stretched out so it can be shorter and give whatever filler saga after that a bit more time before the 5th gen starts.

Seriously. I mean, I can't think of a single pokemon that's more over-showcased in the anime than Feebas.
Yeah, give us a undershowcased one like Scizor or Charizard!

EDIT: I still need a Korobooshi episode soon, which I shall love regardless.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom