• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Rumble World to be freemium game: Available April 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Rumble World to be freemium game: Available April 8

Pokémon Rumble World will be a freemium game in the Pokémon Rumble series for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more on Bulbanews

Ew, no! GROSS! Why do we need another Freemium game?! UGGHH! Why couldn't it just be $9 for unlimited gameplay like Trozei?

*reads article*

So it has all of them. Lovely. I might actually have to fight the urge to spend money on this one. But I'll definitely play it and probably a lot more than I have been with Shuffle.

I was expecting a new main series game, but no, we have to have another cheap F2P game, and another Rumble game at that too, and so soon after the release of Shuffle. Honestly, nobody really wants these kinds of games at all, as they'd rather have something new or different. Instead, it's just rehash after rehash.

I was expecting a new main series game, but no, we have to have another cheap F2P game, and another Rumble game at that too, and so soon after the release of Shuffle. Honestly, nobody really wants these kinds of games at all, as they'd rather have something new or different. Instead, it's just rehash after rehash.
It is a good thing are likely not getting a mainline game this year, though. I think no one wants Pokémon to fully become a yearly franchise. Plus, if we got a game this year, that would likely mean this generation would last only 3 years again, which isn't good. So yeah, wait a bit more and (hopefully) you will get a new mainline game in 2016.

It is a good thing are likely not getting a mainline game this year, though. I think no one wants Pokémon to fully become a yearly franchise. Plus, if we got a game this year, that would likely mean this generation would last only 3 years again, which isn't good. So yeah, wait a bit more and (hopefully) you will get a new mainline game in 2016.

Actually getting a new main series game this year wouldn't have an effect on the span of this generation. This year, we're technically due for the XY sequel, as 2015 would mark two years since XY. This generation is going in a similar manner to generation 3 with the first initial new games(RS), remakes a year later(FRLG), and then the sequel to the first games another year later(Emerald), then a two year gap until the next generation(DP). If we get the XY sequel this year, this could easily be followed by a two year gap which would take us to 2017, when generation 7 will possibly begin. This year could go either way. But don't rule out the possibility of a new game this year. No one expected us to get a main series game last year but hey, we got ORAS, and that didn't even get revealed until May. There's still time.

Actually getting a new main series game this year wouldn't have an effect on the span of this generation. This year, we're technically due for the XY sequel, as 2015 would mark two years since XY. This generation is going in a similar manner to generation 3 with the first initial new games(RS), remakes a year later(FRLG), and then the sequel to the first games another year later(Emerald), then a two year gap until the next generation(DP). If we get the XY sequel this year, this could easily be followed by a two year gap which would take us to 2017, when generation 7 will possibly begin. This year could go either way. But don't rule out the possibility of a new game this year. No one expected us to get a main series game last year but hey, we got ORAS, and that didn't even get revealed until May. There's still time.

You're looking at it from a Western perspective. It's important to look at the Japanese releases. Also, it makes more sense to look at the gaps between games rather than the years themselves; XY and ORAS were both released near the end of the year, making a core series release this year highly unlikely.

Maybe when I'm rich enough to throw money into a garbage disposal, I will consider purchasing this one. Seems like a good way to communicate that you have too much money.

You're looking at it from a Western perspective. It's important to look at the Japanese releases. Also, it makes more sense to look at the gaps between games rather than the years themselves; XY and ORAS were both released near the end of the year, making a core series release this year highly unlikely.

Few things here:
1. How is that a Western Perspective? I was only comparing that Generation VI is going in a similar manner to Generation lll. Heck, going by Japanese releases in Generation lll, FRLG and Emerald were released in the same year.

2.Yes, XY and ORAS were released at the end of the year. But how does that effect this year? Another game could easily be released at the end of this year. If a game gets released in December, they only need about 6 months to market it, so we have until June to lookout for an announcement. I could argue the gap between Japanese and Western releases, but with the worldwide releases, it's pretty nonexistent now. I'm not saying it'll happen, but just don't rule it out. You didn't provide any evidence to support this, Snorlax.

3. Only concrete fact we could go off of the possibility of not getting main series game this year is Japan's gap year which was in 2011.
Cross examining, the Japanese gap between B2W2 and XY was nearly 16 months. So a main game could also take the direction of being announced later this year and being released the first quarter of next year. No later than March.

But again, it's only April. I think people are immediately jumping the gun here saying that a core series game is unlikely. Until we pass E3 with no announcement, the chance of a core game this year is 50/50. Well, maybe even 70/30 because this year is XY's two year anniversary.

Last edited:
2.Yes, XY and ORAS were released at the end of the year. But how does that effect this year? Another game could easily be released at the end of this year. If a game gets released in December, they only need about 6 months to market it, so we have until June to lookout for an announcement. I could argue the gap between Japanese and Western releases, but with the worldwide releases, it's pretty nonexistent now. I'm not saying it'll happen, but just don't rule it out. You didn't provide any evidence to support this, Snorlax.
Because then we would have 3 game releases with only about a year between them. Game Freak only has two primary teams (plus the one that does side projects like HarmoKnight and Tembo), which is why we can see two games released which such a small gap between them. However, this doesn't work once we get to three. Since we have just had two games released with a small time difference, it is highly unlikely we would get a third. (Obviously, the first game in a generation is going to take longer than subsequent games in that generation, so if we were to get a new game this year it would have to be a Gen VI game.)

Because then we would have 3 game releases with only about a year between them. Game Freak only has two primary teams (plus the one that does side projects like HarmoKnight and Tembo), which is why we can see two games released which such a small gap between them. However, this doesn't work once we get to three. Since we have just had two games released with a small time difference, it is highly unlikely we would get a third. (Obviously, the first game in a generation is going to take longer than subsequent games in that generation, so if we were to get a new game this year it would have to be a Gen VI game.)

1. But I'm pretty sure GAME FREAK inc. has always had more than one set of primary teams. The number was pretty small back then but with the worldwide releases, these teams have very well increased. GAME FREAK has proven in the past to multi-task.

2. Like I've said before: RS, FRLG, and Emerald were all less than two years apart. Japanese RS, and FRLG were 14 months apart, while the Japanese FRLG and Emerald were only 8 months apart so the argument about the games being released too close is kind of contradicting. Obviously, we can be sure a game is already in development. XY began development around 2011, and ORAS around 2012. I'm sure they've spent the past two years working on a new game project. I do know that GAME FREAK is working on some new elephant game, but I'm still certain they haven't stopped toying with Pokemon games.

3. Did you say that we should be looking for a Gen VI game this year, if we get a core game? If yes, I agree.

Not to totally derail the debate, but uh, just wondering when bulbanews is gonna make a post about the games release, the passwords that were released already, or anything else. The Pedia page has a little bit of content, and that stuff I mentioned, but I was surprised not to see an actual article on the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom