• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo to collaborate on theme park attractions: To f

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo to collaborate on theme park attractions: To feature ...

Nintendo will collaborate with Universal Parks & Resorts to produce theme park attractions based on Nintendo intellectual properties.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo to collaborate on theme park attractions:

Pokémon Live 2.0 :confused:

Re: Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo to collaborate on theme park attractions:

This is so exciting!

There better be a Mario Kart ride...>:)

Pokémon Live 2.0 :confused:

Would be hilarious if they did have a stage show like that at it though. :D

Universal, if you make the Nimbasa Gym roller coaster a real ride I'll love you forever.

I don't like this news at all.
So should we be expecting something Pokémon related?

I don't like this news at all.
So should we be expecting something Pokémon related?

Honestly, I think they're more likely to stick with in-house IP (Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, etc.).

Ummmm....Nintendo I like you and all but why not build your own theme part instead of bringing atractions to other parks.

Now I wonder which option makes more money....Build your own or get a liciance and put you stuff on someone things?

First, Universal gets the Transformers attraction and a ton of TF swag. Now this.

Yeah, just take every last dollar I have. Go right ahead. They don't even have to have a Pokemon attraction, just the option to buy plush and welp, there goes all my cash. >_<

It will most likely just be some older rides re-branded with a Nintendo theme. Like how the 'Sonic Spinball' ride at Alton Towers used to be the 'Spinball Whizzer'.

I hope there will be a Nintendo Store like there is a Kwik-E-Mart in the Simpsons section of the Universal theme park in Florida. It would mean that I might not need to go to Disney's Epcot and Universal Studios in one holiday which I did last Summer. I was the only person in my family who wanted to go to Disney's Epcot mainly to go to the Japanese store and scientific attractions and rides there.

I agree with @MegaCharr;
Nintendo should make their own theme park! But, this is still great news. I wish this could have happened earlier though because I just went to Universal two weeks ago. x_x
I hope they make Pokemon-themed rides.

Ummmm....Nintendo I like you and all but why not build your own theme part instead of bringing attractions to other parks.

Now I wonder which option makes more money....Build your own or get a license and put you stuff on someone things?
Apparently, this is happening because Universal is about to lose everything Marvel, since Disney owns it. Universal needs something to fill in for the Spider-Man and other Marvel attractions and apparently, this is what they've decided to go with. Or so I've heard.

And since Universal will have to pay Nintendo to use these characters, Nintendo will probably make more money this way than opening their own park.

Just as long as they have a Nintendo World store or a Pokemon Center, I'm good..... and broke.

Ummmm....Nintendo I like you and all but why not build your own theme part instead of bringing attractions to other parks.

Now I wonder which option makes more money....Build your own or get a license and put you stuff on someone things?
Apparently, this is happening because Universal is about to lose everything Marvel, since Disney owns it. Universal needs something to fill in for the Spider-Man and other Marvel attractions and apparently, this is what they've decided to go with. Or so I've heard.

And since Universal will have to pay Nintendo to use these characters, Nintendo will probably make more money this way than opening their own park.
I thought this sounded reasonable, but I looked into it and according to this, Universal still has the rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom