• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY082: The Pumpjin Festival! Farewell, Bakeccha!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: The Pumpjin Festival! Farewell, Bakeccha!?
Airs: July 23

x8Wv9qo.jpg

I don't think Gourgeist will be released but anything could happen I guess...

There's a !? at the end of the title - which means it's entirely certain that the one thing that won't happen in this episode is Pumpkaboo getting released.

Title: The Pumpjin Festival! Farewell, Bakeccha!?
Airs: July 23

x8Wv9qo.jpg

Not sure I'm liking this. Because won't there be two 1 hour Naruto specials coming up soon, because of the 1 hour special that aired just last Thursday as well as because of the airing of the movie.

I'm not going to like randomly placed breaks.

Finally it evolves! Team Rocket's Pokemon does not usually evolve much so this is a big thing for me.

And here we go. The episode in which Pumpkaboo will evolve into Gourgeist, airing the week after M18.

BW126's title had "Farewell, Mijumaru!?" and he stayed on the main cast. There's a very good chance Jessie's Gourgeist is her Pumpkaboo and not some other Gourgeist that she got via trade.

Finally it evolves! Team Rocket's Pokemon does not usually evolve much so this is a big thing for me.

Gyarados, Arbok, Weezing, the two Victreebel, Dustox, and Yanmega have been shown to evolve.

I don't like to assume, but bearing in mind Pumpkaboo, in order to evolve, needs to be traded....it has the promise of an interesting set-up here.

It could take the route of when Ash traded Butterfree and at the end they got reverse traded.

Or when Jessie got Wobbuffet after falling on the trade machine, except she gets it back when she finds it.

And here we go. The episode in which Pumpkaboo will evolve into Gourgeist, airing the week after M18.

BW126's title had "Farewell, Mijumaru!?" and he stayed on the main cast. There's a very good chance Jessie's Gourgeist is her Pumpkaboo and not some other Gourgeist that she got via trade.

Gyarados, Arbok, Weezing, the two Victreebel, Dustox, and Yanmega have been shown to evolve.

Yeah, and it's especially worth noting that it has never taken Team Rocket this long to evolve a Pokemon before. Ekans & Koffing evolved after around 30 episodes, Wurmple to Dustox was around 20, while Yanma evolved in the same episode it debuted in.

My guess, Musashi trades away Bakeccha then quickly regrets it. Manages to get it back before the other trainer can use it and it evolves when she sends it out to battle.

My guess, Musashi trades away Bakeccha then quickly regrets it. Manages to get it back before the other trainer can use it and it evolves when she sends it out to battle.

I think she cares more about it to just trade it away to get something better in return. If they do indeed stay true to the games i can see her trading in with the purpose of trading it back again to evolve, or that it gets traded by accident as a nice reference to how she got Wobbuffet, but she learned from her mistake that time and got it back only for it to evolve when she sends it out to battle.

I doubt she's going to trade it to evolve it, even by accident. We've only seen one incident where a Pokemon that evolves via trade actually evolving on-screen. That would be the Clamperl episode back in AG, but in that case the two Clamperl were sent to the Pokemon Center via transporters, which may have helped trigger the evolution process, since just holding the items didn't do anything right away. But the anime has been very disloyal, or at least very secretive, to trade-based evolutions. After all, if trading is needed to evolve certain Pokemon, how does one explain wild Pokemon like Gengar, Dusknoir, Golem, and Machamp that evolve via that method? If I had to guess, she may transport it to a Pokemon Center or something along those lines to be judged for this festival (if there is some sort of contest that requires judging) which may trigger its evolution unintentionally. That's my two cents on the subject.

I doubt she's going to trade it to evolve it, even by accident. We've only seen one incident where a Pokemon that evolves via trade actually evolving on-screen. That would be the Clamperl episode back in AG, but in that case the two Clamperl were sent to the Pokemon Center via transporters, which may have helped trigger the evolution process, since just holding the items didn't do anything right away. But the anime has been very disloyal, or at least very secretive, to trade-based evolutions. After all, if trading is needed to evolve certain Pokemon, how does one explain wild Pokemon like Gengar, Dusknoir, Golem, and Machamp that evolve via that method? If I had to guess, she may transport it to a Pokemon Center or something along those lines to be judged for this festival (if there is some sort of contest that requires judging) which may trigger its evolution unintentionally. That's my two cents on the subject.

What about when Juniper and Bianca trade?

Anyway Jessie wont release Pumpkaboo

I like this theory.

Anyway, I think the "Goodbye" is referencing the fact that Pumpkaboo will cease as it will evolve into it's permanent evolution. I hope this makes it even more competent of a battler. I love the evolution line~

I'm gonna miss Pumpkaboo since I think Gourgeist looks horrendous, plus this being a TR themed episode is making me clammy and pale already.

Bianca's Shelmet and Juniper's Karrablast evolved via trade, plus Gengar, Dusknoir, Golem and Machamp could have been released by their trainers? That does happen in the Pokemon world. Anyway, on the topic of Pumpkaboo evolving, I can't wait, because I'm excited about the fact that Jessie will evolved one of her Pokemon and I quite like Gourgeist as a Pokemon.

What about when Juniper and Bianca trade?

Anyway Jessie wont release Pumpkaboo

She's getting a Gourgeist anyway even if she releases Pumpkaboo.

Be slightly amusing if she released Pumpkaboo, only to get its evolved form

Be slightly amusing if she released Pumpkaboo, only to get its evolved form

And it would be pretty unnecessary. Why release a Pokemon, only to get the same one's evolved form? That's why I'm almost positive that Jessie will keep the same one and I think a release is out of the question considering that a Gourgeist is in the current ending and the upcoming Movie Short. Why would appear in those two things if she only has a Gourgeist for one episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom