• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon Game...WHICH YOU WILL NEVER PLAY!

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Serebii just revealed Pokemon Battrid, a new Arcade Game by Tomy.

It looks cool...but, sadly, we probably will never see it in America. Or anywhere besides Japan.

Last edited:
Nintendo might decide to have them at those events they do.

...So I'll still never get to play it.

Why do you think that game won't leave Japan?

And what console will it be for?

There is no console. It's an ARCADE game. Like you find in public ARCADE rooms. Like Habu said, which is a less-likely chance it'll find it's way here.

And if it did come overseas, it'd probably only find itself in the NYC PokéCenter. Limited release, whutnao.

It's an arcade game (like Pac Man).

A real shame. Pokemon looks great in cel shading. I think they should use it in the mainstream 3D games.

This is the second time a new game has been announced since CoroCoro previewed its own game announcement. Granted, out of the two candidates, it would be by far more logical for CoroCoro to showcase the Mystery Dungeon sequel (it would be embarrassing if the arcade game ended up receiving the focus instead).

However, for CoroCoro to actually reveal a game as last month's issue suggested - it would have to be something else. One can only hope.

Hmmm...so, I guess this isn't the CoroCoro game?

Yay, another game I will never see in Europe.

I hope this is not the game CoroCoro is gonna reveal. I even prefer Mystery Dungeon 2.

The name is Battrio

Yes. It's indeed. ポケモンバトリ.

I wonder what is that word taken to mean. It's some wordplay on Battle. It reminds me of トローゼ (Torooze). No one knows what Torooze/Trose/Trozei mean.

It's Battle and Trio. You battle with 3 Pokemon at once. Pretty easy to work out.

It's Battle and Trio. You battle with 3 Pokemon at once. Pretty easy to work out.

Yes. After I posted this, I've got that idea too. Because when I asked, I thought of Battrid (Serebii's misspelling) not Battrio.

It's indeed Trio.

My brain works not too good today.

Last edited:
It seems that Battrid spread from the first English sources reporting on this. Oh well.

I go for Battrio, too.

It seems that Battrid spread from the first English sources reporting on this. Oh well.

Guess who is these "sources".
Hint: Your not-so-old rival.

It isn't first time he misspells Japanese names. His first DP Pokemon names Romanisations were just awfully spelt. Or look at Trainer Names at Battle Revolution section. Serebii has no idea about Japanese at all.

Hint: I saw this game before SPP had updated anything, so he could not be the one =P

logobattrid.jpg

"D" or "O"... is just a common mistake, I won't go on a rant for it.

Hint: I saw this game before SPP had updated anything, so he could not be the one =P

logobattrid.jpg

"D" or "O"... is just a common mistake, I won't go on a rant for it.

Maybe he wasn't the one who first posted it, but he's the one who was spotted first by most of people.

Logo. It's from Famitsu. I must have missed that. Like I said, today my brain doesn't work well.

Yes, D and O is common mistake but only in Romaji. When you look at the Japanese Spelling, you can be sure it's o.

I know I'm picking on Serebii too much. I never liked him.

I saw this update on GoNintendo and some other sources before than on SPP...

Why do you think everything I say is against him? It would be sad to attack him for a single letter, don't you think so?

Like I said, all 3D Pokemon games form now on should be Cel Shading. Are you listening Pokemon Co.?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom