• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP38 title

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
Title of DP38 is: 爆誕!サイクリングロード!!

(Revelation / Explosive Birth! Cycling Road!!)

Air date: 21 June.

It seems that no episode will be aired on 28 June due to a 2-hour TV Champion Special.

I wonder if they'll go to Wayward Cave since they're taking the cycling road....

It'll be interesting to compare this cycling road episode to the original Kanto one, will they do the same thing? They went back to cycling road in one of Battle Frontier's episodes, but we only saw it at the very end.

I'm excited at the idea of it being Happiny, but I'm a little baffled when trying to think of how that would be explosive.

Psh, not even close.

Happiny can learn Charm, Pound, Copycat, Refresh and Sweet Kiss.

Egg moves (which are not entirely out of the question I guess) are Aromatherapy, Counter, Gravity, Heal Bell, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Metronome, Present (ehh... maybe? Too much of a long shot...) and Substitute.

Its evolutions learn Egg Bomb, but I don't think that's how they hatch their eggs. D:

Pie said:
I'm excited at the idea of it being Happiny, but I'm a little baffled when trying to think of how that would be explosive.

We say the same thing in English. Something that's big or done with a lot of fanfare is said to be "explosive."

We say the same thing in English. Something that's big or done with a lot of fanfare is said to be "explosive."

Not really in this context, though, do we? Maybe an explosive battle, but not really an explosive egg hatching...

So... would "exciting" make more sense than "explosive", maybe? *scritches head*

爆誕 is the exact phrase they used in M2. It's a pun on 爆弾, bomb. (Why they decided on that, I have no idea. Where does the concept of birth come in M2?) 爆 itself means to burst. The word for explosion is 爆発.

HEY!

What happened to the episode on the 14th? If this is DP 38, it means it comes after the Gardenia Gym which is on the 7th??

Obviously, this episode is about Carnivine exploding into millions of mini-Vines.

I find it hilarious they're referencing of using the practice of cycling on Cycling Roads to hatch eggs - since you don't even need to touch the pad for halfway of the trip.

From what I could make out of a post on Pokeani, apparently as they head to a Pokecenter a storm hits and it looks like their bikes rust and they fall (off?)?

I'm starting to think maybe they'll have a 1-2 episode mini-arc with the Wayward Cave, if falling off the road is true since that's under it.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom