• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1st Ever War Room Awards Discussion (MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconwing

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
MAFIA AWARD PLANNING

Greetings,

The War Room staff has decided that there should be awards for the Bulbagarden Mafia akin to the Writer's Workshop awards. At the moment the staff is planning rules and such, but this being our first time we wanted to get you, the players, involved.

So tell us in here what ideas you have. What categories should there be? Most of all, we want your opinion and feedback on awards in general.

Please note that while we do value your opinions and ideas, we reserve the right to choose whether we actually include your idea in the final awards.

Currently, we aim to host the awards at the end of the summer, but this is not concrete yet.

Thank you for reading and please let us know what you think.

Sincerely,

The War Room Staff

It is now Night 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1st Ever Mafia Awards Discussion and Planning

Best at spotting mafia

Best at surviving as mafia

We need prizes for the hosts too, like...

(Overall) Best Mafia Game's Host

Most Creative Host

Award for Fair Hosting

As well as...

Fair Play Player

Most Entertaining Player (could help a reference to which game, playing what role)

Most creative role made, will edit more in if I think of them.

Most original mafia (as in the mechanics of the game)
Best mafia theme (as in what the universe of the game is)

Best debator, or most engaging debate between two players in a mafia game. They always seem to be fun and full of deception.

Best town performance

Best mafia performance

Best 3rd party performance

takes into account all members of the factions involved and not just one person's involvement.

When I proposed this idea to Rayne, these were the ones I proposed:

Best overall player
Best performance
Best game
Best game mod
Most innovative game mechanics

Well giving credit where credit is due, yes, it was hurristat who proposed the initial awards idea. Ryuu, Phoenicks, ghaskan and I have already discussed some ideas for awards but we're completely open to any suggestions we may have missed.

If you have any ideas for types of awards, time of hosting awards or anything like that, those suggestions would be much considered as well ^^

Thanks guys!

The game with the most number of active people. You know we need it. xD

Best cop
Best doctor
Best roleblocker

A lot of the awards that people have proposed sound good, but let's try and make sure they are as clearly defined as possible. It would be bad to have them be sort of nebulous, and therefore hard to award.

If you have any ideas for types of awards, time of hosting awards or anything like that, those suggestions would be much considered as well ^^

Thanks guys!

I had some ideas for logistics:

I dunno if Ryuutakeshi put this in his initial post, but probably a biannual thing would be the best. The War Room doesn't have enough activity to warrant it four times a year.

I think the awards we absolutely should have are:

Best overall player
Best mafia player (can't be overall or town)
Best town player (can't be overall or mafia)
Best moderator (of a game)
Best game
Best newcomer (more on this below)

I think this first round of awards should not include a newcomer, as technically this is the first time that any of us are eligible for awards, and therefore the best newcomer would likely go to the overall player. A newcomer is someone who has played their first game within the nominating period.

Some other minutiae:

We should have all games that end prior to May 15, 2011 be games in which you are eligible for nomination. (Moderators: don't attempt to rush your games, they will be remembered when it comes time for the next awards, hopefully)
The nominating period is from May 15, 2011 to June 1, 2011. Anyone nominated will end up on the ballot :3
So we either have two options from there:
We can have two more rounds, one to eliminate it down to two, and then one to vote, or we can have one round, with the winner take all (and Rayne, Phoenicks, and Ryuutakeshi splitting any ties).

So these are my thoughts on this. If the moderators have a plan set forth, then don't feel pressured to use any of this. I shouldn't monopolize.

Wow, I look like an asshole in my previous post (eep :X)

Good ideas all around! Sounds like fun. :D

My apologies for not crediting you as I had intended XD I wrote that during intermission of Oklahoma and was rushed for time.

But yes, some very good ideas so far and I do agree that bianually is a pretty good system. I think that the end of summer would be better than the beginning simply so as to increase activity over the summer, but then again we still have yet to decide on that.

Best Lurker.
Best surviver
Best host

If they haven't been suggested.

I don't agree with rewarding lurkers.

I'm a lurker though. And it's for a good reason. I don't suppose a self voter will be rewarded either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom