• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

2,000,000 Pokemon D/P and 500,000 DS lites SOLD OUT in Japan within HOURS!

Reaction score
HOLY. WOW.

Insanity. They wouldn't even have to sell the thing internationally. ...But they will. :lol:

Yeah, wassup now, Sony? :smokin:

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
So, will these games end up being Nintendo's top sellers of all time, especially when they go worldwide?

This many sold within the first two days... Damn.

黒い王様
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know what percentage of DS owners in Japan would now have Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, assuming each of those games went to 1 DS user each (the real figure would be less, seeing as some people would have bought both a Diamond and Pearl).

EDIT: Anyone able to put this on BulbaNews? My connection is down to 23kbps until the end of the month, since we went over our bandwidth limit, so I'm finding it somewhat difficult. ^^;;

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yay, I've contributed a news tip to Bulbanews! My life is complete. :-D

The Pumpkin King
Reaction score
Holy Flaming Moltres.

I'm almost scared to think of what will happen when D/P will be released in the US. I figure that the sales will be much less impressive, but there's still a huge fanbase in the US, so...

(Stupid Pokemon, stop reminding me that I need a DS Lite for trading purposes since WiFi won't work for me. Stop it.)

The Pumpkin King
Reaction score
Already have a DS. Why have another when you can have a lighter, shinier version?

*is a slave to shiny things*

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
"Japanese sources" is a very vague source. Do we have any proof that's more verifiable?

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
OMG!

WOW!

Now that's an amazing number!!

For both D/P and the DS Lite, that is truly astounding!!

And with that many copies of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl selling so fast, when it comes time for them to be released in the U.S., I'm definitely gonna reserve my copy.

This is so amazing. I swear I've never seen anything sell this fast.

Hehe, I wonder if it'll be enough to give Pokemon another world record? LOL. XD

I mean, a few years ago, I checked the Guiness Book of World Records and it said that Pokemon Yellow had the record for: Fastest Selling Video Game.

BackwardsMan, huh?
Reaction score
OMG!

WOW!

Now that's an amazing number!!

For both D/P and the DS Lite, that is truly astounding!!

And with that many copies of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl selling so fast, when it comes time for them to be released in the U.S., I'm definitely gonna reserve my copy.

This is so amazing. I swear I've never seen anything sell this fast.

Hehe, I wonder if it'll be enough to give Pokemon another world record? LOL. XD

I mean, a few years ago, I checked the Guiness Book of World Records and it said that Pokemon Yellow had the record for: Fastest Selling Video Game.
Fastest Selling? That's definitely something. Now I know for sure that Pokémon will never die, no matter what them haters say. You know who I'm talking about