• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2,000,000 Pokemon D/P and 500,000 DS lites SOLD OUT in Japan within HOURS!

Birdyspot

Reaction score
HOLY. WOW.

Insanity. They wouldn't even have to sell the thing internationally. ...But they will. :lol:

Yeah, wassup now, Sony? :smokin:

So, will these games end up being Nintendo's top sellers of all time, especially when they go worldwide?

This many sold within the first two days... Damn.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of DS owners in Japan would now have Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, assuming each of those games went to 1 DS user each (the real figure would be less, seeing as some people would have bought both a Diamond and Pearl).

EDIT: Anyone able to put this on BulbaNews? My connection is down to 23kbps until the end of the month, since we went over our bandwidth limit, so I'm finding it somewhat difficult. ^^;;

Last edited:
Yay, I've contributed a news tip to Bulbanews! My life is complete. :-D

Holy Flaming Moltres.

I'm almost scared to think of what will happen when D/P will be released in the US. I figure that the sales will be much less impressive, but there's still a huge fanbase in the US, so...

(Stupid Pokemon, stop reminding me that I need a DS Lite for trading purposes since WiFi won't work for me. Stop it.)

Already have a DS. Why have another when you can have a lighter, shinier version?

*is a slave to shiny things*

OMG!

WOW!

Now that's an amazing number!!

For both D/P and the DS Lite, that is truly astounding!!

And with that many copies of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl selling so fast, when it comes time for them to be released in the U.S., I'm definitely gonna reserve my copy.

This is so amazing. I swear I've never seen anything sell this fast.

Hehe, I wonder if it'll be enough to give Pokemon another world record? LOL. XD

I mean, a few years ago, I checked the Guiness Book of World Records and it said that Pokemon Yellow had the record for: Fastest Selling Video Game.

OMG!

WOW!

Now that's an amazing number!!

For both D/P and the DS Lite, that is truly astounding!!

And with that many copies of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl selling so fast, when it comes time for them to be released in the U.S., I'm definitely gonna reserve my copy.

This is so amazing. I swear I've never seen anything sell this fast.

Hehe, I wonder if it'll be enough to give Pokemon another world record? LOL. XD

I mean, a few years ago, I checked the Guiness Book of World Records and it said that Pokemon Yellow had the record for: Fastest Selling Video Game.

Fastest Selling? That's definitely something. Now I know for sure that Pokémon will never die, no matter what them haters say. You know who I'm talking about

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom